Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Emanine

Ate in Brooklyn on Dunmore Road at weekend. Loved it!! Menu has great choices and the food was really tasty. It was also great value.
    The interior is really bright and airy. There was a queue for tables so I’d advise booking a table to ensure availability. Overall 9/10 (As they are still new, and waiting on their full license, the choice of drinks is limited).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

One the waterfront looks amazing,opening in Tramore this evening @5pm

64778864_1131911180326391_8900353409152974848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQkod2Zt7hs1yQeOaorlEkhglJqaT2coL_r5eIWYbXCYNt0hEx-6o8Td2QpJHnXtlyWyFtE1ODq7I4qFAebfjmc5&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=851b9975406f7890f04cd644471e51dd&oe=5D8455AF

64744718_1131911213659721_649415844182360064_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQkRIEJcTTpLXmwJXkGkknLFkCxxg9g8MSjk2ZNZnHLfm1pdgSQIXcvgkGTrYF6qAKkwkfD8vYXa-aZW-rVGA3yV&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=7ed6019b5ae703c6bef16e86542f9cb6&oe=5D845EDE

64314409_1128821127302063_6182613905152409600_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQkaZYBxjBFpxH35H7KAu6Hzihp6wzLIKC-Ya9dJ413FQ48orSyE6dzr2f6CpYz4GkAfkwtM37ARk8fSIhMS1Cis&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=21f68e6500cbc90bc22990b2c9ce1fcf&oe=5D8373E1

65623132_1133115330205976_70784003090677760_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQlojpN2-F0BA_Nptwuxa6E5QZA3G59MdTqCvz6f0mrN4h4H-iA8EnjLc52LI-diyZkF5nfkGkYCYsKSqr1DV-jg&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=534532cbe954b5915ff6549a6c8523be&oe=5DB5A08F

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Looks fab and they couldn’t have better weather for it.

Tramore really seems on the up for restaurants and bars, so many opening lately (and decent ones too!)

sillysocks wrote: »
    Looks fab and they couldn’t have better weather for it.

Tramore really seems on the up for restaurants and bars, so many opening lately (and decent ones too!)

Seems to be one opening each week and decent ones as you say

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gillman1998

Looks terrific, any more details on it - name, location?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Looks terrific, any more details on it - name, location?

It's called "One the Waterfront" and it's at the end of Gallweys Hill, opposite Murphs bar. The menu is now on their facebook page.

RubyK wrote: »
    It's called "On the Waterfront" and it's at the end of Gallweys Hill, opposite Murphs bar. The menu is now on their facebook page.

Its actually called "One The Waterfront"

One the Waterfront
    Gallwey’s Hill, Tramore, Co. Waterford
    051 – 271 350

https://onethewaterfront.com/?fbclid=IwAR1cHMr8Ei_0e9JL5iXDyd76Wg7RCIuStWAaaYJUNqBYdVwB5PpSzOnBCgo

https://www.facebook.com/onethewaterfronttramore/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

I think someone mentioned the man that bought The Castle a while ago bought the hotel where the restaurant is.
    Menu is up on Facebook now, looks quite pricey, maybe aiming at an upmarket audience!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

sillysocks wrote: »
    I think someone mentioned the man that bought The Castle a while ago bought the hotel where the restaurant is.
    Menu is up on Facebook now, looks quite pricey, maybe aiming at an upmarket audience!

It's overpriced. Best of luck to them filling that up on a weekly basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭Deiseen

It's overpriced. Best of luck to them filling that up on a weekly basis.

I haven't been and prices do look relatively high but the setting looks amazing. Have you been?

• Advertisement

Deiseen wrote: »
    I haven't been and prices do look relatively high but the setting looks amazing. Have you been?

I’ve been, the setting is beautiful. Went around lunchtime and from what I could tell it’s the same menu all day. Definitely expensive, two mains and a coke was 43 eur but I don’t think they’re aiming at bargain market!

We had mixed feelings, one main was lovely, one only ok. Had hoped to sit out for lunch but at the moment only serving food inside and drinks/coffee etc outside. The terrace is fab, indoors is really nice too though. Will go back but maybe just for coffees and sit out if the sun keeps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Deiseen wrote: »

I went last weekend. An amazing venue but as mentioned previously it is expensive. €20 for a fish & chips which was nice but nothing spectacular. However I’ll definitely be back for evening drinks on the terrace.

I went last weekend. An amazing venue but as mentioned previously it is expensive. €20 for a fish & chips which was nice but nothing spectacular. However I’ll definitely be back for evening drinks on the terrace.

To be fair i wouldn't find that expensive you'd pay €10 in a chipper for that,and id imagine a lot of places around town would be similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Anyone try Berkana (former berfranks) yet?

I was shocked to see Berfranks on the Quay gone. Now its an italian place full of fresh pasta, cakes, ragus, high quality coffee apparently.

Anyone tried it? Looks reasonable enough. Itll be nice to have a central Italian place for lunch

Very nice food, took a while to serve it, even though I only had cold salad, reasonable price, friendly staff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

To be fair i wouldn't find that expensive you'd pay €10 in a chipper for that,and id imagine a lot of places around town would be similar.

I would find that expensive for standard fish and chips ie probably not fresh fish

Id be happy to pay €20 for fish and chips from a restaurant serving quality ingredients, fresh etc

Not somewhere that wants to charge you €20 for the scenery

• Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

In emilianos last week, very busy but still excellent food. Been about 4 years since I was there so happy to find it maintaining it's quality.

Can't wait to try new berfranks, reports have been great so far.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

In emilianos last week, very busy but still excellent food. Been about 4 years since I was there so happy to find it maintaining it's quality.

I always liked Emilinanos. A lovely spot with good food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭DeiseNew

I checked out Mclearys Steakhouse after about 6 months of badgering from the lads in work and im glad i went. I got the early bird menu and the service was top notch. They seated us straight away and the steak was to die for really flavorsome. Lovely selection of wine too. My only complaint is the seats are just too close together. We could hear every word from the family next to us they clearly crammed in seats at the expense of privacy! Nice food though.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

I would find that expensive for standard fish and chips ie probably not fresh fish

Id be happy to pay €20 for fish and chips from a restaurant serving quality ingredients, fresh etc

Not somewhere that wants to charge you €20 for the scenery

I think €15/16 for fish and chips in a restaurant at lunchtime would be acceptable. In fairness the fish was good but for €20 I’d have expected more than a handful of (skinny) chips and a decent side salad. They are new though and are just finding their feet so hopefully they can build on feedback, constructive criticism etc.

Yes cant wait to try Berkana myself. Owned by 2 italian sisters I believe?

The fresh pasta and cakes look amazing.

Emilianos never fails. Quality food and amazing service everytime.

Had my 21st birthday dinner there and it was beautiful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DLS_75

Was in La Boheme yesterday for the first time. Absolutely incredible place with amazing food. Mortified that I had never been before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It's is fantastic alright, consistently.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

One big vote for Everetts

https://www.everetts.ie/menu

Scallops were the best I can remember having and when combined with the pork belly was a very hearty starter as was the monkfish for main course with the pearl barley and deserts equally good.

It's not cheap but an early bird menu will help keep the costs down.

Another +1 for MoMo's - really good fish cakes and chicken legs for starters and good hake and an oriental style shellfish dish for mains. Probably regret not trying the sharing platter as I would have liked more of the tapas type dishes but again, early bird keeps the costs down.

5 stars to the Munster Bar, have been there a few times over the last year.

A decent selection, fresh homemade food and genuine friendly service.

Would recommend the beef pie

There's a new Italian restaurant called Alvito after opening just across from the park next to Canton,its run by the very nice Italian couple who had Danny's chipper on Barracks St,i had a pizza there during the week and it was fantastic going to call back soon to try their lunch menu..

https://www.facebook.com/alvitopizzeria/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

Burrza is delivering now,but €5 delivery fee is a bit much...

Anyway 15% off first order today on Marvin

https://www.marvin.ie/waterford-co-waterford/burzza/

Burrza is delivering now,but €5 delivery fee is a bit much...

Anyway 15% off first order today on Marvin

https://www.marvin.ie/waterford-co-waterford/burzza/

Class!

Yeah €5 a bit much, although I'd presume there's a good reason for it.

Anyway I find burzzas food so good I'd be happy to pay that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Has anyone heard of any restaurants or hotels open for Christmas Day Dinner in the city?

• Advertisement

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Has anyone heard of any restaurants or hotels open for Christmas Day Dinner in the city?

On/One the Waterfront in Tramore was advertising dinner I think. Not sure anywhere in the city does it-tried a few years ago anyway to find somewhere and had no luck.

Advertisement