Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DLS_75

Peppers open on Xmas day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

DLS_75 wrote: »
    Peppers open on Xmas day

Ah here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

fricatus wrote: »
    Ah here

They were open last year too. The staff that don't celebrate Christmas are more than happy to work that day it seems. (no reason why they wouldn't be anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

They were open last year too. The staff that don't celebrate Christmas are more than happy to work that day it seems. (no reason why they wouldn't be anyway)

That's a fair enough point, but it's the thin end of a wedge that so many people in retail and hospitality are trying to resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,781 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

New burger restaurant going into City Arms

https://www.facebook.com/officialflamewaterford/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Muttley79

Anybody know who took over from Trevor prendergast at the olive tree tapas bar,it’s a nice place

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

One the waterfront is open christmas day 100 pp and kids 50,:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

One the waterfront is open christmas day 100 pp and kids 50,:eek:

you're not serious? that place is a bit of a shambles tbh, nice scenery, crappy food/ service.

fur coat no knickers springs to mind :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Brooklyn Dunmore Rd delivering on Marvin now too..looks like Marvin are getting restaurants signed up before Uber eats ...

https://www.marvin.ie/waterford-co-waterford/brooklyn-waterford/

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DLS_75

Muttley79 wrote: »
    Anybody know who took over from Trevor prendergast at the olive tree tapas bar,it’s a nice place

Ironically...Brooklyn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Tried out Pinks last night. The place was packed for a Wednesday, which was great to see.
    There were a few issues with service, as you would expect to see in the first week open of the new place
    But overall I found the food to be a bit bland, which was disappointing. Couldn't eat the churros as they were so overdone.

I'll go back in a few weeks to check it out again, hopefully they are just a few teething issues that will be sorted out.

Tried out Pinks last night. The place was packed for a Wednesday, which was great to see.
    There were a few issues with service, as you would expect to see in the first week open of the new place
    But overall I found the food to be a bit bland, which was disappointing. Couldn't eat the churros as they were so overdone.

I'll go back in a few weeks to check it out again, hopefully they are just a few teething issues that will be sorted out.

Yeah was in there myself last night

Food was good but chips were a bit dry and prices are ok (even though they messed up our bill a bit but sorted it fairly quick). The drink towers are great value

I'd deff go back, wouldn't be going there for a match or anything that they seem to be advertising on Facebook

Down in T&Hs outdoor set up

Its grand but when its quite the atmosphere is desperate and the area its in doesn't help with that either

Think it will do well if it stays open for the warmer months. Interesting to see how it will do for Xmas time. It would of been brilliant for past Wintervals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭dzilla

PTH2009 wrote: »

Its grand but when its quite the atmosphere is desperate and the area its in doesn't help with that either

Think it will do well if it stays open for the warmer months. Interesting to see how it will do for Xmas time. It would of been brilliant for past Wintervals

Limited enough time left for outdoor dining / drinking. However defo a market for a place doing hot toddies / hot ports / gluwein etc in the winter months

dzilla wrote: »
    Limited enough time left for outdoor dining / drinking. However defo a market for a place doing hot toddies / hot ports / gluwein etc in the winter months

Deff but security would be needed for that area (red square all the way up the back of the granary maybe further). Horrible places after dark

For a city centre its a disgrace compared to other Irish cities

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Wait what? After being closed for 6 years T+H's is open now? That's mad Ted! Who has it?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

I was in Pinks at the weekend, nice atmosphere, and still getting to know the ropes I'd say.

Friendly staff, and quick service.

One thing I noticed was that they didn't take any contact details other than that of the person who booked.

Our table was also very near to another table that was full, like ours, but was definitely not 2m apart.

The food was OK, nothing special to be honest.

They also have a separate afternoon menu that's not half as filled as the main menu.

They also confused the orders, and for one of the group, twice. But I can forgive that, as I'd hope this would be rectified as they get to know the ropes.

Most of us had burgers (as the menu was somewhat limited), this consisted of the burger and a bowl of chips, no other sides, like a bit of salad or onion rings, burger was tasty.

The beer towers are good value but €20 euro for the Sangria is a bit steep, given that half the jug is filled with ice.

All in all, it has potential and just needs a few tweaks to get t right, I'd give it another try in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

jimbojazz wrote: »
    I was in Pinks at the weekend, nice atmosphere, and still getting to know the ropes I'd say.

Friendly staff, and quick service.

One thing I noticed was that they didn't take any contact details other than that of the person who booked.

Our table was also very near to another table that was full, like ours, but was definitely not 2m apart.

The food was OK, nothing special to be honest.

They also have a separate afternoon menu that's not half as filled as the main menu.

They also confused the orders, and for one of the group, twice. But I can forgive that, as I'd hope this would be rectified as they get to know the ropes.

Most of us had burgers (as the menu was somewhat limited), this consisted of the burger and a bowl of chips, no other sides, like a bit of salad or onion rings, burger was tasty.

The beer towers are good value but €20 euro for the Sangria is a bit steep, given that half the jug is filled with ice.

All in all, it has potential and just needs a few tweaks to get t right, I'd give it another try in a few weeks.

That's normal isn't it? Any restaurant / bar / cafe I've been in they only required one name and number.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Roanmore wrote: »
    That's normal isn't it? Any restaurant / bar / cafe I've been in they only required one name and number.

Ah right, wasn't sure on that one, I was referring to the Covid Tracking, probably should have clarified that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭deisemum

Anyone know if another restaurant has opened up where the Olive Tree wine bar on the Mall was?

• Advertisement

deisemum wrote: »
    Anyone know if another restaurant has opened up where the Olive Tree wine bar on the Mall was?

Yes I thought Brooklyn from Tramore had/was open there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

deisemum wrote: »

Nothing in there now,Rack And Soul had up on their facebook that they were going in there at the end of July but the post has gone now.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

dzilla wrote: »
    Yes I thought Brooklyn from Tramore had/was open there?

Brooklyn were recently advertising for staff for a new takeaway , I wonder is that what’s going into the olive tree?

Dont know why we cant attract some big franchises like the ones below

Nandos
    Burger king
    TGI Fridays
    Captain Americas
    Milano

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Dont know why we cant attract some big franchises like the ones below

Nandos
    Burger king
    TGI Fridays
    Captain Americas
    Milano

No thanks. Prefer local proper food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

No thanks. Prefer local proper food.

Amen to that, we have better than all those here. The only one I'd like to see back is burger king, I don't eat fast food often, I wouldn't eat a big Mac if I got a free life supply of them, I'd eat a whopper burger though. Also nandos is one of the worst fast food chains I think I have ever experienced, twice in two different ones. I think a lot of people want it because they hear it spoken about on British tv, ye ain't missing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Burgerking was always in handy spot. often used to stop there after getting out of college. It was usually less hassle than McDonalds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Burgerking was always in handy spot. often used to stop there after getting out of college. It was usually less hassle than McDonalds.

Except for the bloody pigeons! I couldnt have a moments peace having my Chicken Royale with those pests flying in and out of the seating area, always changing their arm with the leftovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Pinks are getting some very poor reviews on google reviews.what gives? Is it really that bad?

• Advertisement

It is nice to have choice however. If you like local food go there. if you want to try one of the high street chains go there. I don't really think we have a local comparison to Nandos.

Advertisement