Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭dzilla

Speaking of kebabs... went to 'Zaytoon' the other night in Temple bar I think it was, my god, the best kebab I've ever had!

What part of Waterford is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

McLearys - wtf ?
    How is that place so popular ?!? Absolute bog standard food at restaurant prices !! Wouldn't go back -EVER

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

greenspurs wrote: »
    McLearys - wtf ?
    How is that place so popular ?!? Absolute bog standard food at restaurant prices !! Wouldn't go back -EVER

Often thought that myself, and also similar experience and thoughts after a visit to their cafe on the Cork Road. Won’t be back to either in a hurry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

sillysocks wrote: »
    Often thought that myself, and also similar experience and thoughts after a visit to their cafe on the Cork Road. Won’t be back to either in a hurry!

There used to be someone on here who would sing the praises of that place and wouldn't hear a bad word against. I'm sure they'll be along shortly to tell you all the types of wrong you are. I could take it or leave it myself. Definitely nothing special

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Iwouldinmesack

Burrza, overpriced burgers and people jam packed on top of each other. They really need to invest in air conditioning in that place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Burrza, overpriced burgers and people jam packed on top of each other. They really need to invest in air conditioning in that place.

Ive never sat in there for food but i regularly get a takeaway pizza and its one of if not the best pizza in waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Ive never sat in there for food but i regularly get a takeaway pizza and its one of if not the best pizza in waterford

Really, must try that, which pizza?

Really, must try that, which pizza?

I usually get "the meat quarter" ,its very nice :)

http://www.burzza.com/downloads/burzza-takeaway-menu.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Oh that's fighting talk. Antichi Sapori on high st have the best pizza in my pizza opinion.

Burzza is good too BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Still haven't seen a real challenge to Gino's when it comes to pizza pizza

A nice thin base pizza from Gino's mmmmmmmm

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Oh that's fighting talk. Antichi Sapori on high st have the best pizza in my pizza opinion.

Burzza is good too BTW.

I havnet been in there but ive heard good things from some Italians i know they've said its the very same as back home,i must give it a go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Slice out on the Dunmore Road is the best in Waterford, and trust me I’ve tried them all :D

Antichi and Burzza very nice too, Gino’s a bit overrated I find

Maybe so but my points still stand, expensive and overcrowded.

Slice was good when we ate in there but the pizza didn't translate very well for a take away.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

The Holy Cross have a fine platter to choose from!

Maybe so but my points still stand, expensive and overcrowded.

€13 for a pizza is hardly expensive

€13 for a pizza is hardly expensive

We agree to disagree. You got a takeaway pizza. I got a cheeseburger which taking the glorified hipster sounding cool name of it away is basically what it is, served in brioche bun from aldi and a measley small chip portion served in a steel tower like contraption yoke.Table of people on top on ya to your left and right. Can barely move your elbows to eat. No air conditioning either in a room rammed full of people, so uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭dzilla

We agree to disagree. You got a takeaway pizza. I got a cheeseburger which taking the glorified hipster sounding cool name of it away is basically what it is, served in brioche bun from aldi and a measley small chip portion served in a steel tower like contraption yoke.Table of people on top on ya to your left and right. Can barely move your elbows to eat. No air conditioning either in a room rammed full of people, so uncomfortable.

I hate them portion control chip servers especially when they get condensation on the inside.

+1 on the closeness of the tables in there. I love the restaurant don't get me wrong but I was sandwiched between 2 other tables in their before and it is a bit too close for comfort.

Yeah i get what you're saying it does look very cramped in there,but i think all their food is sourced locally and the buns are made by Walsh's Bakehouse not Aldi,i agree i hate them things most places put chips on these days its rare enough to get chips on a plate anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,781 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ye baxtards after making me order takeaway from Burzza lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Ah now. You must be a fussy eater to describe ‘just’ a cheeseburger. I’ve had many burgers in burzza and every single time almost roll out of there with all the food. And I’m not skinny! Burgers a foot high. Do agree with the space tho, but hey, it’s busy almost every night of the week. They average €14 for a burger - worth every fxcking cent in my eyes. They got it right if you ask me! Burgers and beer in a casual environment, wish there was more burzzas around

• Registered Users Posts: 37,781 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Really enjoyed the onion rings (was hoping to get jalapeno peppers but not on the menu) and the meat pizza from Burzza. A lot of different from the general takeaway places that siad the price is a turn of compared to them and a dine out from Burzza would not be a regular cause of that

Ah now. You must be a fussy eater to describe ‘just’ a cheeseburger. I’ve had many burgers in burzza and every single time almost roll out of there with all the food. And I’m not skinny! Burgers a foot high. Do agree with the space tho, but hey, it’s busy almost every night of the week. They average €14 for a burger - worth every fxcking cent in my eyes. They got it right if you ask me! Burgers and beer in a casual environment, wish there was more burzzas around

Exactly my point , 14e average for just a burger and a tiny portion of chips. Its not really a casual environment if you cant feel comfortable enjoying the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Ah fantastic burgers though - go across to revolution and have a burger I assure you you’ll be running back to burzza, same price, crap quality with frozen chips...

Ah fantastic burgers though - go across to revolution and have a burger I assure you you’ll be running back to burzza, same price, crap quality with frozen chips...

Wouldnt go into revolutions again if you paid me to, something very off about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Wouldnt go into revolutions again if you paid me to, something very off about it.

Do you like any restaurants/pub grub ?? :confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Whatever about the quality of the burger, that's a personal preference thing (I know people who love them and hate them!) so I won't argue but I know for a fact the chips are not frozen.

greenspurs wrote: »
    Do you like any restaurants/pub grub ?? :confused:

Of course i do im just giving my opinion on two of many places in this town 🙄 Is that not allowed?

Of course i do im just giving my opinion on two of many places in this town 🙄 Is that not allowed?

Where do you like to eat as a matter of interest? I find Waterford has a lot of middling establishments with one or two standouts personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

I find Waterford has a lot of middling establishments with one or two standouts personally.

I would agree with you here completely.

I used to love the Royal Garden out by Aldi when they did sushi but that's gone off the menu. It was definitely my favourite place to eat in Waterford prior to this.

Kyoto, does some smashing Asian food but their sushi isn't up to the standard Royal Garden was

I have found McLearys, Bodega, La Boheme very hit and miss over the years.

If I wanted a special occasion meal I'd always look outside of Waterford. Kilkenny has Zuni, Campagne & Mount Juliet - I don't think there's anything of this standard in Waterford at the moment unfortunately.

Advertisement