Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Just actually passed that in town and thought it looked nice very colourful and bright. Hopefully will do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

WELL DONE TO ALL RESTAURANT FROM WATERFORD WHO WERE NOMINATED FOR THE RESTAURANT ASSOCIATION OF IRELAND COMPETITION

Bodega 4 nominations
    La Boheme 5 nominations
    Dooleys 1 Nomination
    Tower Hotel 1 nomination
    Revolution 1 nomination
    The Reg 1 Nomination
    Oskars 8 Nomination

anyone else im forgetting ??

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Didnt the Olive Tree Tapas and Wine Bar get nominations as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭2SWEET

No 9 in Georges court got 2 saw it on their Facebook page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭deisemum

Bodega, La Boheme and Waterford Castle won awards tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

deisemum wrote: »
    Bodega, La Boheme and Waterford Castle won awards tonight.

Do you have a link?

JPA wrote: »
    Do you have a link?

No, but there were lots of tweets with photos on twitter last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Went to the Olive Tree Tapas bar, we ordered loads of tapas over a couple of hours and we had 3 bottels of wine and a four cokes. There were 7 of us and everyone was completely full, only 2 of us could manage desert, the total came to €230, we couldn't believe how cheap it was.

This place is brillant, food is delish and wine is very reasonable priced and you can (if you have to) control how much you spend. Can't recommed it highly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭hardybuck

hardybuck wrote: »
    I've heard good things, but I'm not a huge tapas fan. I'm very greedy, therefore sharing with me can be a challenge!

Going by the Bodega and La Boheme websites, they have very similar options to their early bird for Sat nights which are only marginally more expensive.

I ended up getting a booking for the Easter Saturday night in La Boheme. I booked on a Thursday evening - seemed to be no major issue getting a table.

We went for the Market Menu, which offers three courses for €35 all night, every day of the week.

Service was very good, however we weren't brought any bread before our starters. As the service was so quick, we didn't notice until afterwards.

The food was quite good overall. A varied menu with a slightly more high class cuisine slant - food you probably wouldn't get to make yourself at home. I went for the following:

Starter: Pea, Mint, Bayonne Ham, Rocket, Risotto with White Truffle Oil & Aged Parmesan

Main: Hereford Ribeye Steak

Dessert: Citrus Trilogy, Lime Parfait, Orange Posset, Lemon Cake, Caramel Sauce for dessert.

Nice cosy restaurant, good quality cooking, decent value and service.

• Advertisement

hardybuck wrote: »
    I ended up getting a booking for the Easter Saturday night in La Boheme. I booked on a Thursday evening - seemed to be no major issue getting a table.

We went for the Market Menu, which offers three courses for €35 all night, every day of the week.

Service was very good, however we weren't brought any bread before our starters. As the service was so quick, we didn't notice until afterwards.

The food was quite good overall. A varied menu with a slightly more high class cuisine slant - food you probably wouldn't get to make yourself at home. I went for the following:

Starter: Pea, Mint, Bayonne Ham, Rocket, White Truffle Oil & Aged Parmesan

Main: Hereford Ribeye Steak

Dessert: Citrus Trilogy, Lime Parfait, Orange Posset, Lemon Cake, Caramel Sauce for dessert.

Nice cosy restaurant, good quality cooking, decent value and service.

Voted one of the top 10 most romantic restaurants in Europe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I see mac learys has gone for planning on the building with the scaffold on it beside Jordans on the Quay. Business is obviously brisk.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Was in Grow Cafe with the other half the weekend, wasn't impressed with the menu

We loved the Brassiere but they seem to have removed a lot of stuff off that menu and replaced them with more sandwiches.

The layout of the place was lovely and the staff still as nice as ever, but I dont think we'll be going back due to the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Was in Green's again, food has come on tremendously they must have a new chef because I wasn't impressed the first time I was there at all. My sister loves it and so I had no choice but to go when it was here turn to pick, I been a few times now and it really really good.
    The seafood bouillabase is wonderful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭dzilla

Was in Green's again, food has come on tremendously they must have a new chef because I wasn't impressed the first time I was there at all. My sister loves it and so I had no choice but to go when it was here turn to pick, I been a few times now and it really really good.
    The seafood bouillabase is wonderful

Was in there when it openned first but was very disappointed. Reviews have improved since it would seem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

dzilla wrote: »
    Was in there when it openned first but was very disappointed. Reviews have improved since it would seem

The head chef changed some time ago, guy in there now is top class. Very good at his job

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭trickymicky

anybody in sheehans where cafe karma use to be? whats it like pricewise and is the food nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

The food in Sheehans is AMAZING, especially their chips. I go in there for lunch once a week, it's that good. It's not as 'posh' as The Granary, the food is a bit better than The Pantry.

A decent wrap with ham, brie and red onion jelly plus salad plus chips, plus a coffee is just under €10. Which is great value, imho, considering the table service and private atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭trickymicky

GrandBlaa wrote: »
    The food in Sheehans is AMAZING, especially their chips. I go in there for lunch once a week, it's that good. It's not as 'posh' as The Granary, the food is a bit better than The Pantry.

A decent wrap with ham, brie and red onion jelly plus salad plus chips, plus a coffee is just under €10. Which is great value, imho, considering the table service and private atmosphere.

cheers for the reply. Do you know what its like in the evening like for the early bird just thinkin of heading there tomorrow night?

cheers for the reply. Do you know what its like in the evening like for the early bird just thinkin of heading there tomorrow night?

I've been to Sheehan's 4 times in the last 3 months in the evening and the food is really good and it's very good value and even more so if you bring your own wine and pay the €4 corkage per bottle.

There are 2 menus and both offer 2 or 3 courses options. There's plenty of variety in both menus. I think the 2 courses from menu A is €18.

Their malteaser cheesecake, I think it has Baileys as well is extremely popular so much so that they were out of it on 3 of the 4 occasions I ate there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

deisemum wrote: »
    I've been to Sheehan's 4 times in the last 3 months in the evening and the food is really good and it's very good value and even more so if you bring your own wine and pay the €4 corkage per bottle.

There are 2 menus and both offer 2 or 3 courses options. There's plenty of variety in both menus. I think the 2 courses from menu A is €18.

Their malteaser cheesecake, I think it has Baileys as well is extremely popular so much so that they were out of it on 3 of the 4 occasions I ate there.
    The food was nice, but the menu choices were quite overwhelming for what are set menus and having a Value A and Value B menu is a very strange choice.

I can't help but wonder why they just don't combine the best selling items from both menus into one. It would be much easier for customers to understand, and allow the chefs to put more focus into perfecting a smaller menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I was thinking of booking a table in Koliba. Never tried polish food before.

Can anyone vouch for the place?

myself and the other fella ventured to Dennisons at the Forum last night - owned by David Dennison ex the Wine Vault - great value Summer Menu - 5 Starters , 6 Mains, 4 Desserts, Tea and Coffee and a Glass of House wine for €25. Beautiful restaurant, attentive Staff, keep up the good work

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Went to Morizo Singapore restaurant last night for a bite before heading to the flicks. They have a good deal with all you can eat starters and 1 main course for €10.99. Pretty wide range of starters, all deep fried delights, so not exactly healthy but tasty enough. Main course was fine, but just standard take away fare really. They have an offer of all deserts €1.50 and tea/coffee €1 Thur-Sun as well

For the price its a cracking deal, just dont be expecting fine dining. Perfect I'd say for a quick bit to eat or perhaps a group before hitting the booze for the night.

Came to €27.60 for the 2 of us including drinks, hard to argue with that price really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Grow cafe: had lovely a jalapeno burger and fries in there, staff lovely, good place to bring kids also. choice of food is decent too; burgers, pannini, fish pies, lasagnes, fish cakes, couple of specials etc, good range of stuff you would expect in comparable cafe/diners.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

The new restaurant up in the forum is pretty good. They are doing a summer menu, it's 3 course meal and a glass of wine for €25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Opinion on the Cliff House Hotel please.

IMO the best restaurant in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The new restaurant up in the forum is pretty good. They are doing a summer menu, it's 3 course meal and a glass of wine for €25

mite drop in a for a pint and a bit of food soon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

mozattack wrote: »
    Opinion on the Cliff House Hotel please.

IMO the best restaurant in Ireland.

When did this restaurant move to the city?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭dzilla

When did this restaurant move to the city?

Probably no point asking on the county forum. Too much risk of a tumbleweed.

cliff house is what it is and is grand for fine dining.

Advertisement