Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

They will be re opening I hear, the block of units was bought, O2 will probably have to move too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

I expect New Look or H&M to move into those units.

As for the Brasserie and where it's going to go...Lot of speculation but I don't think anywhere has been definitively decided.

My bet would be opposite the old cinema where Caseys was

kryogen wrote: »
    My bet would be opposite the old cinema where Caseys was

That would have been my original thought but I heard something very interesting today that made me think that it could be in a different location. All speculation of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

... but I heard something very interesting today that made me think that it could be in a different location. ....

Ah come on! You can't just say that, and leave us hanging! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

There was a post on Facebook today from the Waterford City Centre group showing the old Flash's on High St being done up for a new restaurant/bar. Maybe that'll be where they go.

Think that will be the triumphant return of The City Arms.

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Greenes this evening. Meh. Items missing from the menu, poor service, poorly seasoned food not cooked as requested, nice dessert and coffee. Have had far superior meals for similar money. Very loud music, WTF?

• Advertisement

Greenes are an absolute shambles. I've never seen serve as slow. The night we were there, two couples walked out while in the process of waiting for their main course.

Another couple insisted that the waitress call the owner, which she went outside to do. Not sure how that one was resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Greenes are an absolute shambles. I've never seen serve as slow. The night we were there, two couples walked out while in the process of waiting for their main course.

Another couple insisted that the waitress call the owner, which she went outside to do. Not sure how that one was resolved.

Where's Greenes?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Deisedayo

53 john st waterford. I always found service and food good in there

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

Same here - used to be a regular customer when they opened first. Few Weeks later all the prices went up. Substantially. One sat went in for lunch at about 4pm. Sorry "we are not serving food now as we are prepping for tonight".
    One lunch time 50 mins for 2 main courses. Couple across from us ordered 2 pizzas - they walked out after 45 mins - said they had to go back to work. Waitress commented to us that people are very impatient, and that the couple left without paying for 2 cokes!
    Pity - Beautiful restaurant, night menu, just need to get their act together. hope they do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭decies

Was in expresso today we had two marguerita pizzas with 3 toppings as it said in the menu , and two deserts 5.50 each . The food was lovely but the pizza was 10.95 plus 6 euro extra ( 2 euro each ) for pepperoni , onions and pineapple . Was under the impression 10.95 was the total of the pizza . My fault for not checking this after getting the bill . Just think €44.90 for two pizzas and two deserts was a bit steep .just looked at their Facebook page apparently price was right . As I said it was lovely just seems dear that's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

Baby4 wrote: »

nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Tried that Thai restaurant just down from Treacys Hotel this evening, have to say was not impressed with the food at all, would not recommend & won't be trying again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

er1983 wrote: »
    Tried that Thai restaurant just down from Treacys Hotel this evening, have to say was not impressed with the food at all, would not recommend & won't be trying again

did you tell them that as you paid.

I told em, didnt seem to care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 xXDarkstarXx

Thinking of going to the Olive Tree with herself in the next couple of weeks, has anyone been there yet? Also I'm new to the whole concept of tapas so can someone give me an idea of what you would order etc. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

leg wax wrote: »
    did you tell them that as you paid.

It was a takeaway we got from there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I was in Waterford over the weekend, visiting family and we went to the Cove Bar for a Sunday lunch. I know the Cove has undergone various changes over the years so I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised.

We were a group of 7 and I must say it was a an enjoyable lunch. The staff were very friendly and efficient. Granted it wasn't too busy when we were there, 13:30 to be precise.

The food was very tasty (I've had many a bland carvery type lunch in other pubs/restaurants). Reasonably priced too, but the real nice thing was the staff offered extra veg etc should we want it, of course I availed :D

I have no affiliation with the place but just wanted to mention a place that makes the effort to deliver a good service taking care of the basics, food quality, price and service..well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I was in Waterford over the weekend, visiting family and we went to the Cove Bar for a Sunday lunch. I know the Cove has undergone various changes over the years so I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised.

We were a group of 7 and I must say it was a an enjoyable lunch. The staff were very friendly and efficient. Granted it wasn't too busy when we were there, 13:30 to be precise.

The food was very tasty (I've had many a bland carvery type lunch in other pubs/restaurants). Reasonably priced too, but the real nice thing was the staff offered extra veg etc should we want it, of course I availed :D

I have no affiliation with the place but just wanted to mention a place that makes the effort to deliver a good service taking care of the basics, food quality, price and service..well done.

Apparently catering has been taken over by Arnaud Mary of L'Atmosphere. I haven't tried it yet but if it is anything like L'Atmosphere it will be several notches up on your standard pub grub. Arnaud must be one of the hardest working people on the planet. He used to have a bakery doing traditional French bread when L'Atmosphere opened. Even he could combine those too so the bakery had to go. I hope the Cove venture goes well and he doesn't fall between two stools (no pun intended).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I'll be down home in Waterford over the Easter weekend, and hoping to go for a meal on Sat night, probably an early bird.

It's at least 6 months since I've eaten out in Waterford - has there been much change or are the old reliables still on top of their game? The likes of Bodega, Emiliano's, La Boheme et al?

I've also heard talk about a place out in Fenor - the Copper Hen I think it's called?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Can we change the subject of this thread as well? No need to have the years in there now, I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

hardybuck wrote: »
    I'll be down home in Waterford over the Easter weekend, and hoping to go for a meal on Sat night, probably an early bird.

It's at least 6 months since I've eaten out in Waterford - has there been much change or are the old reliables still on top of their game? The likes of Bodega, Emiliano's, La Boheme et al?

I've also heard talk about a place out in Fenor - the Copper Hen I think it's called?

The old reliables are still going strong, but you'll be hard pressed to find an Early Bird on a Saturday night. Especially on a Bank Holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fiesty lady

The bistro in the tower do 2 courses, tea and coffee and a glass of wine for 20 euro all night , food is excellent and usually can get a table at short notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'd recommend The Olive Tree on the Mall. They don't do an Early Bird, but you can control how much you spend by how many dishes you order :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭hardybuck

AdMMM wrote: »
    I'd recommend The Olive Tree on the Mall. They don't do an Early Bird, but you can control how much you spend by how many dishes you order :).

I've heard good things, but I'm not a huge tapas fan. I'm very greedy, therefore sharing with me can be a challenge!

Going by the Bodega and La Boheme websites, they have very similar options to their early bird for Sat nights which are only marginally more expensive.

Advertisement