Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

What a result :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Delighted with that :) Roll on Friday night for the next home game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

yea what a thrashing for the once mighty shels.

Super blues all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

ABSOLUTLY BRILLIANT GAME! Couldn't have played any better, the team was top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Just bumping this up there. Hopefully plenty of people will get out there tonight and support the lads.

Friday 6th:
    Limerick FC vs Athlone Town, 7:45pm Jackman Park.

C'mon Limerick!!!!

• Advertisement

Limerick 3-2 Athlone

Very exciting match in the end. Delighted to get a result against a potential banana skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Limerick 3 - 2 Athlone

(O'Flynn 2, Sullivan)

1 down at half time, went 2-1 up, then needed a late winner, which the goal machine that is O'Flynn duly provided.

We move to 3rd in the table, overtaking Waterford. Table here

Next game - away versus Mervue, Friday August 13th.

Next home game - versus table-toppers Derry City, Friday August 20th.

Mervue 0 - 1 Limerick

(Tracey pen)

Huge night for Limerick. Derry and Monaghan both lost, which means Derry's lead is no longer as insurmountable as it once seemed. We're third, behind Monaghan only on goal difference, which is only 1 goal. We missed a 92nd minute penalty that would have put us second. Table here.

Next game - Home versus Derry, Friday August 20th.

This is a massive game for Limerick.

Massive game next friday, drinks promotion on the night! Pictures from tonights match to follow.

Some photos from the Limerick FC vs Mervue game last night.

1)

mkb0hi.jpg

2)

IMG_1704.jpg

Ouch! That Must'a Hurt!
    3)

_MG_1785.jpg

4)

_MG_1797.jpg

Who can get to it in time?
    5)

_MG_1814.jpg

6)

_MG_1819.jpg

Scully and Fago return after half time.

7)

_MG_1833.jpg

Up for the Peno :D

8)

_MG_1834.jpg

AND TRACEY GETS THE GOAL!

9)

_MG_1836.jpg

10)

_MG_1869.jpg

11)

_MG_1910.jpg

G'WAN DAVE O'LEARY!

12)

_MG_1922.jpg

Taken out in a bad tackle, lets hope he's ok :/

13)

_MG_1924.jpg

14)

_MG_1926.jpg

• Advertisement

15)

_MG_1927.jpg

16)

_MG_1979.jpg

The lads showing their support to the Limerick Team!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Love pictures 4 and 11 especially :)

I'll try to get a few of the lads over to the next home game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Good result against Mervue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Anybody know where the U20s game againt Cork this Sunday being played ?

I know its 12:00 somewhere in limerick but .....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Great pictures of the game there

I know i shouldnt reply to myself but ...... Aisling Annacotty ( as per web site)

As Aisling Annacotty have a match at 10:30, and Cork moved the game forward to 12:00 rather then 2:00, there will need to be a change in Venue, which I'll try and have confirmed by the end of the day for you Shatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Massive game next friday, drinks promotion on the night! .

I hear this has been put back to the Longford game in a few weeks due to hundreds of Schoolkids getting free tickets for the Derry game?

Just as well the club didnt officially annouce it or they would have been slated by the many knockers (not the good ones) :p around town.

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    I hear this has been put back to the Longford game in a few weeks due to hundreds of Schoolkids getting free tickets for the Derry game?

Just as well the club didnt officially annouce it or they would have been slated by the many knockers (not the good ones) :p around town.

It has been postponed yes, due to the size of the game it would be very awkward to run it - It was officially announced in the ad that was released during the week.

Also the Limerick FC U20's v Cork City U20's Fixture has been reversed to away to Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

It has been postponed yes, due to the size of the game it would be very awkward to run it - It was officially announced in the ad that was released during the week.

Also the Limerick FC U20's v Cork City U20's Fixture has been reversed to away to Cork City.

Farce

Sack the board

Scully out!!!!!!!

:P

• Advertisement

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Farce

Sack the board

Scully out!!!!!!!

:P

+1 :D

cheers for the info

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

My father took grandkids to a home game recently and said he was shocked by the behaviour of some of the fans,said they were acting like "english hooligans" and using awful language in front of kids and just normal folk trying to watch a match.He said you expect people getting into it at rugby and gaa matches but he said it was awful

Why do Irish people chant in english accents haha

But i suppose he will be dragged by them again:)

Sports fans in using bad language shocker! :rolleyes:

Hooliganism was an extremely serious problem in soccer over the last few decades.

Trivialising the word by applying it to fans using a few curses in Limerick is an injustice to people who suffered from real hooliganism.

It was more than an odd curse,chanting abuse,acting like apes,even a well known limerick soccer man said who has these idiots to my father.Sure there was trouble when a Dublin team came down a while ago so it was a clash of 2 groups of apes

What the story with the English accents and chanting??!

Association Football (to give the game its full title) originated in England. Most of the fans who go to watch local games would also be fans of teams in England and Scotland. A lot of the chants you'd hear at local games would be based on tunes and rhythms used by clubs in those countries. It's like singing along to a pop song and mimicking the singer's accent.

As for the apes comment? That's just insulting.

bigpink wrote: »
    It was more than an odd curse,chanting abuse,acting like apes,even a well known limerick soccer man said who has these idiots to my father.Sure there was trouble when a Dublin team came down a while ago so it was a clash of 2 groups of apes

What the story with the English accents and chanting??!

First of all they don't chant with english accents. Some of the chants are also sang at english football games though.

Secondly there was no clash with any Dublin team that came down. You have just fabricated a total lie. There is usually the odd exchange of words between fans which is heard all over the world between opposing fans.

Yes some of the chants can be a bit much but most are funny and a bit of craic. Best thing for him to do is take the kids over to the other side of the pitch where it is harder to hear what the fans are saying. That or don't bring the kids, Football is not a PG event. No sporting event is. When you go to a sporting event in any code you have to expect some bit of colourful language, especially with supporting a team such a passionate thing.

Your just trying to stirr things and i suggest you take it somewhere else.

Well all i was told they were acting like apes,it was a handful of fans.What would you call acting like that in front of kids?

Im writing about what my father told me.So there was no trouble when Shamrock rovers came down that was the team name.

I'll leave it at that cause i wont win here anyway

dont see flares at thomond park
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95yoIKmA998&feature=related

Maybe i went my made wrong a few bad eggs,cause Limerick fc seem to be doing great work and well advertsied,and the kids seem to like it

bigpink wrote: »
    Well all i was told they were acting like apes,it was a handful of fans.What would you call acting like that in front of kids?

Im writing about what my father told me.So there was no trouble when Shamrock rovers came down that was the team name.

I'll leave it at that cause i wont win here anyway

dont see flares at thomond park
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95yoIKmA998&feature=related

Maybe i went my made wrong a few bad eggs,cause Limerick fc seem to be doing great work and well advertsied,and the kids seem to like it

I'm a season ticket holder, and have never seen any trouble at games this season - Shamrock Rovers haven't played in Limerick for about 5 years, though there was trouble last time they were down (they made an ill-advised assault on The Steering Wheel).

The amount of bad language at games isn't really avoidable in my opinion. The problem is that there is only one small stand, half of which is the family section, the other half of which is where the singers/drummers/general abusers are. I'm sure the club would love to have separate places to house both groups too.

Regarding flares - what's wrong with them? Hardly hooliganism to light a flare, though they're now banned for safety reasons.

• Advertisement

Ya the Shamrock rovers thing was 4 years ago. I remember leaving Hogan Park and bumping into a big group of people from the "local area" who had golf clubs, planks of wood etc.... NOT ONE of these people was actually at the game. They literally heard Shamrock Rovers where in town and thought they'd prove they where harder than them. The Shams fans will tell you themselves that it wasn't people at the game that caused any trouble.

You may be saying your only passing on what someone has told you but slandering the club and the fans is not what Limerick FC needs. Nobody is saying everyone at the games are saints but you should get the facts straight before posting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement