Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Clearing out my attic last night and guess what I found some match day programmes of Limerick City Vs Drogheda Utd in the 1971 FAI Cup final when we won 3-0 in really good nick too I wonder would anyone from the club have any interest in taking on of these for historical reasons.
    Would give it free of course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

campo wrote: »
    Clearing out my attic last night and guess what I found some match day programmes of Limerick City Vs Drogheda Utd in the 1971 FAI Cup final when we won 3-0 in really good nick too I wonder would anyone from the club have any interest in taking on of these for historical reasons.

We would definitely be interested in this! We are always looking for the likes of old match programmes, as they can really tell a piece of what the game was like back then, but also we can use it to get the History of Limerick FC more accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

We would definitely be interested in this! We are always looking for the likes of old match programmes, as they can really tell a piece of what the game was like back then, but also we can use it to get the History of Limerick FC more accurate.

No bother do you want to PM me contact details of where I can drop it, in might have few more match day programmes also this one stood out for me as it was FAI Cup final most of the others were also from 70's

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Limerick 0 - 1 Derry

A bad night at Jackman park, as Derry came to town and showed their superiority for each of the 90 minutes. Wins for Monaghan and Waterford see Limerick drop to 4th in the table.

Next game - FAI cup away to Sporting Fingal, Friday, Aug 27th.

Next league game - home versus Longford, Friday Sept 3rd.

FAI Cup: Sporting fingal 2 - 2 Limerick

(Purcell, O'Flynn)

Limerick were 2 down at half-time to the cup holders, but a Purcell header at the start of the second half made a game of it, and despite Shane Tracey harshly getting a second yellow card, Steven O'Flynn scored an injury time equaliser.

Replay in Jackman Park on Monday August 30th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

bigpink wrote: »

dont see flares at thomond park

So whats this then?

web-version-flare-pano-framed.jpg

Even the Munster credit card had a flare on it! probably the one set off after Munster got the 4th try against Glouester in THAT game. Could also been one of the ones set off in Cardiff a few years ago v Neath in the Celtic league/Magners final.

creditcard.gif

So stop talking about something you obviously know nothing about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

campo wrote: »

Not to start a bidding war with Limerick FC, but the guy from Charlie St. Georges is building a Sports Museum on Parnell Street, he might have an interest and possibly an ability to display them. The Museum could end up like something from Fr. Ted or it could be worthwhile.

From the Limerick Leader.

Go-ahead for new Limerick sports museum in Parnell Street

Published Date: 05 March 2010
    By Nick Rabbitts
    PARNELL Street looks set to be transformed after city planners gave the go-ahead to an international sports museum.

The development, set to transform two units between the Charlie St George pub and Luigi's fish and chip shop, will see the construction of a three storey building containing a coffee shop, merchandising retail area, amusement hall, courtyard and putting green, with an international sports museum taking over the second floor.

According to Murrough O'Byrne, the site owner, "The sports museum will house a unique collection of over 1,000 items of Irish and cosmopolitan sports memorabilia intertwined with Limerick history and spiced for familiar international interest with connections such as Richard Harris, Terry Wogan, Russell Crowe and our own rugby legends. The collection will be presented as the core in a wider, entertaining visitor attraction."

Mr O'Byrne told the Limerick Leader that many parts of the collection in the international sports museum have been purchased from Johnny Brennan, the Hyde Road man who had previously donated to the rugby museum at Thomond Park.

When the project is complete, the visitor will be able to enter a sports retail shop, have pictures taken, before embarking on a tour through the "rugby sports collection".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Anyone at the Cup replay tonight? If it wasn't for the bus station in the background then i could swear i'm at Morton Stadium, such is the number of decisions going Fingal's way. Tierney is seeing little of the ball. Tracy and White (is he the no.6?) are neat when they get on the ball for us but its hard for them when Fingal own the ball. Still 0-0 at half time is good.

We can definitely win this. O'Flynn is on now for us. Tracy had a contender for miss of the season after a cracking shot from our no 11 (who's name i dont know!) nearly broke the crossbar in half. Fingal have had nothing but half chances and shots from distance in this half. Pat Purcell goes close with a header for us there. LOL at the Limerick boys at the back of the stand, belting out such football favourites as 'Allelulia', 'Walk In The Light Of God' and 'Yellow' :D

It's finished 0-0. ET just about to start. Fingal had more of the ball but there's no doubt that we created the better chances. O'Flynn and Tracy in particular could have won it for us. Just as i type Fingal have missed a sitter of their own.

Edit: we're down to 10 men, no 2 sent off for two yellows. Missed it when i went to the boys room.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the updates Grenache.

Hold onto your butts, its gone to penalties. Greatful that it has as we had a few scary moments in our box the last ten minutes.

jeez, suspense...

What a pity, O'Flynn, Purcell and that striker that came on late put away text book spot kicks. Felt sorry for the two boys that missed, no 7 (whose name i will find out!) was one of our best performers on the night. To add insult to injury i returned to find my car with only one wing mirror and and a cracked side window - should have known better than to park on Hyde Road.

Disaster, real shame about your car too.

Limerick 0 - 0 Sporting Fingal

Fingal win 4-3 on penalties

A really good game, a really good atmosphere, and for 120 minutes, a great performance from Limerick against the fully professional cup holders. I was proud of every player tonight, they gave everything they had. Shane Clarke could have won it, but couldn't keep his shot on target after John Tierney had hit the crossbar. Ronan Finn missed a great chance for Fingal too.

Timmy Kiely and Sean Kelly missed our penalties, while Fingal scored all four.

It may be a blessing in disguise, because for the first time in a few years, Limerick have a real chance of promotion, and we didn't need an extra game or two in the cup. We certainly didn't need an extra 30 minutes tonight, we had a few walking wounded at the end of it.

Next game - home to Longford, Friday Sept 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

grenache wrote: »
    Felt sorry for the two boys that missed, no 7 (whose name i will find out!) was one of our best performers on the night.

Timmy Kiely
    Tracy had a contender for miss of the season after a cracking shot from our no 11 (who's name i dont know!) nearly broke the crossbar in half.

It was Shane Clarke not Shane Tracey, Tracey was out becuase he was sent off up in Fingal. No.11 was John Tierney.

Also the other player that came on in Midfield was Thomas Lyons and Nigel Stanley came on at right full.

Outstanding performance by every player tonight.

Team was: Ryan, O Meara, Purcell, White, Kelly, Kiely, Sullivan, Judge, Coughlan, Clarke, Tierney.

Subs Used: O'Flynn, Stanley, Lyons.

osarusan wrote: »
    Timmy Kiely and Sean Kelly missed our penalties, while Fingal scored all four.
    Why didn't Tierney take a penalty? I thought he was outstanding tonight!! Really was very lively. Strange that he didn't and the full back Kelly did.

Why didn't Tierney take a penalty? I thought he was outstanding tonight!! Really was very lively. Strange that he didn't and the full back Kelly did.
    He was hobbling a bit for the last 20 minutes and holding his groin. That's why he went up front and O'Flynn went farther back in defence.

But yeah, I'd still hoped he'd take one.

Ya it was because he was injured. If it came to it i'd say he would have taken one alright. Buttimer told Tierney to get off the pitch when the penalties where about to be taken because he was recieving treatment which was a joke. Also for some reason the fourth official wasn't allowing Scully onto the pitch to talk to the team before the penalties even though Liam Buckley had strolled on to talk to his team. He had to pretty much fight with the officials to let him on. Buttimer was awful last night and even the Fingal fans agreed. How he is a Premier ref i'll never know.

• Advertisement

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya it was because he was injured. If it came to it i'd say he would have taken one alright. Buttimer told Tierney to get off the pitch when the penalties where about to be taken because he was recieving treatment which was a joke. Also for some reason the fourth official wasn't allowing Scully onto the pitch to talk to the team before the penalties even though Liam Buckley had strolled on to talk to his team. He had to pretty much fight with the officials to let him on. Buttimer was awful last night and even the Fingal fans agreed. How he is a Premier ref i'll never know.

yeah i noticed him clutching his groin/hamstring area after a tussle for the ball in the second half, thought he was going to collapse at one stage but he seemed to run it off. Agree about the ref, he was shocking. He seemed to give every decision to Fingal in the first half and some very strange ones to us in the second. About the Fingal fans, i didn't realise they had any there! They must have had a few on the far side behind the dugouts so, they were very quiet!

yeah i noticed him clutching his groin/hamstring area after a tussle for the ball in the second half, thought he was going to collapse at one stage but he seemed to run it off. Agree about the ref, he was shocking. He seemed to give every decision to Fingal in the first half and some very strange ones to us in the second. About the Fingal fans, i didn't realise they had any there! They must have had a few on the far side behind the dugouts so, they were very quiet!

Ya there was about 15 of them on the dugout side on the hill. They where the ones with the vuvuzela.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Jofspring wrote: »
    They where the ones with the vuvuzela.

That kid was an annoying little **** imo, wrecked my head all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

everything to get back on track tomorrow super blues to win 2-1 or 3-1

LOL at the Limerick boys at the back of the stand, belting out such football favourites as 'Allelulia', 'Walk In The Light Of God' and 'Yellow' :D

Ah ya, classics :D

On your car, value centre if its opened is safe for parking in future.

Limerick 3-1 Longford

Handy win despite a poor enough 1st half

Limerick 3 - 1 Longford

(Coughlan, Treacy, Clarke)

Limerick remain 4th in the table as Waterford and Monaghan also won.

Next game - away versus Finn Harps, Friday Sept 10th

Next home game - versus Cork City FORAS, Friday sept 17th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

anyone know if limerick hold open trials in the off season, will they allow someone to go training with them, so they can have a look, or like most clubs, just scout their own players? thanks in advance!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

just turn up in Donaghmore school on saturday morning 11 - all welcome

well if you are under 5 years old !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

just turn up in Donaghmore school on saturday morning 11 - all welcome

well if you are under 5 years old !!!!!
    ha! ha! yeah ok! long time time since ive been 5 though! thanks anyway man!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement