Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Jofspring

John Tierney is leaving the club. Very bad news for us. He is a fantastic player. Scully will need to bring in two or 3 good players to make up for his loss.

Squad Update for Season 2011.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I hope Tierney goes on to the next level, he's a real quality player.
    Big loss for Limerick is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

John's workrate was unreal, fans loved that. Even when he was having a barren spell he was creating goals.

Anything other than moving to the Premier would be a huge set back for him IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Would much prefer to lose kelly imho.

Would much prefer to lose kelly imho.

Kelly is gone though.

2011 Squad Update:

Pat Purcell
    Andrew Bhandarkar
    Garbhan Coughlan
    Darren Coleman
    Jeffrey Judge
    Brian McCarthy
    Brian O'Callaghan
    Stephen O'Flynn
    David O'Leary

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Any word on what Shane Clarke will do?

Any word on what Shane Clarke will do?

Some people think he might follow Tierney out of the club but who knows. Limerick want to make a serious run at winning the league next season and not just go for a promotion place so he could be interested in staying for that reason alone.

Limerick Football Club
    www.limerickfc.ie

Squad News
    Wednesday 24th November 2010

Limerick FC is delighted to announce that Garry Sheahan has signed with the Club for season 2011.
    Shane Tracy has also re-signed for next season.
    Pat Scully said: “Garry is a player we have tried to get back to Limerick on three occasions. I feel we have signed one of the best forwards in the First Division. He will bring real speed to our front line and he is a great finisher. He is the right age to be part of our success for years to come.”
    “I'm delighted Shane has re-signed. He has been a big player for us since I came to the Club. Shane is a top quality player who has a knack for scoring goals and will be a vital part of the Club's future ambitions.”
    Garry and Shane join the following players in next season's squad:
    • Andrew Bhandarkar
    • Garbhan Coughlan
    • Darren Coleman
    • Shane Cusack
    • Jeffrey Judge
    • Brian McCarthy
    • Bryan Murphy
    • Brian O'Callaghan
    • Stephen O'Flynn
    • David O'Leary
    • Pat Purcell
    • Padraic Quinn
    “We're in talks with a number of players at the moment and I can see that the players out there are positive about Limerick as a club in progression,” said Pat Scully. “We won't be signing many players as everyone at the Club has worked very hard on our underage system and we have some excellent young players who will be part of next season's squad. But we have identified three or four players who we feel can improve us that extra bit we need and I can assure the supporters that myself and the board are working hard to assemble a team we can all be proud of.”

Loyalty Card

http://limerickfc.ie/commercial/loyaltycard.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I know I asked already, but anyone know where I could pick up the latest home shirt...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

seachto7 wrote: »
    I know I asked already, but anyone know where I could pick up the latest home shirt...

I don't think there is one available as the shirt for the next season hasn't been designed yet (think even the kit supplier is being negotiated).

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »

Have you contacted the club? details on the website (bottom of page)

http://limerickfc.ie/home/home.html

Online shop

http://limerickfc.ie/merchandise/index.html

Dont think the latest home jersey is on it though, might want to contact the club for that. Personally im waiting for the new season to see what Umbro come up with this year as so far the kits aint fantastic.

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Personally im waiting for the new season to see what Umbro come up with this year as so far the kits aint fantastic.

I actually liked last seasons kit for the first game of the season with the smal greyhound on it. When i saw the jersey for sale though with the big white patch on the front for the sponsor it put me right off it. I'm sure this was more to do with the greyhound board wanting the sponsor to be clearer.

If the kit sponsor is being negotiated hopefully we could be looking at a short sleeve jersey next season.

Jofspring wrote: »
    If the kit sponsor is being negotiated hopefully we could be looking at a short sleeve jersey next season.

Umbro again id say, club has a good deal with them regarding the amount of gear (jerseys, shorts, socks, t shirts, polos, tracksuits, jackers ect...) they provide for the senior, A team, u20's, ladies and all the underage camps.

Unfortunetly from a fans point of view the jerseys are all long sleeved. Someone told me before you had to order a minimum of 500 jerseys from Umbro in order for them to design you a personalised jersey instead of them giving you one off their book.

Risk worth taking in my view (bought 5 of the errea kits myself 3 years ago)

Umbro again id say, club has a good deal with them regarding the amount of gear (jerseys, shorts, socks, t shirts, polos, tracksuits, jackers ect...) they provide for the senior, A team, u20's, ladies and all the underage camps.

Unfortunetly from a fans point of view the jerseys are all long sleeved. Someone told me before you had to order a minimum of 500 jerseys from Umbro in order for them to design you a personalised jersey instead of them giving you one off their book.

Heard that about ordering short sleeve alright.

I bought 2 home jerseys and 1 away one that time. Remember a few mates picked up the home and away kits that season also. Main reason was the short sleeve.

If next seasons was short personally i'd probably buy the home, away and 3rd. Not many others probably would though.

If the long sleeve is nice next season i'll pick it up. As i say the main thing that put me off last season was the sponsor on it. It made the jersey look very cheap. Dunalk always have nice umbro gear. Also the retro St.Pats one last season was nice.

Limerck look to finalise squad ny December

Limerick Football Club www.limerickfc.ie

Squad News

Wednesday 1st December 2010

Limerick FC is delighted to announce that John Frost (Sporting Fingal) has signed with the Club for season 2011.
    John said: “I'm delighted to sign with Limerick FC. My family is from Limerick and I'm very proud of my Limerick roots, so I was delighted when this opportunity arose, to play for my ‘real’ home club.
    “But importantly, this is also a club with ambition and I look forward to playing my part in our push to get Limerick promoted to the Premier Division.”
    Pat Scully said: “John's signing shows that, as a club, we can attract Premier players. I have always rated John very highly. He will bring great experience and character to the team and will be a great example for the young players to learn from.”

We struggled all season at left full. All three goals in the 3-1 loss to Cork, and the goal in the 1-0 loss to Shels were directly/indirectly a result of not having a genuine left full back there. This is a good signing from that perspective.

Barry Ryan (GK) has signed for Limerick.

He is the older brother of Dave Ryan. Very experienced keeper that is of Premier standard. Top signing for Limerick. A great squad is being assembled this season.

For anyone that may be interested season tickets are now on sale with early bird offers.

http://limerickfc.ie/home/news/101210seasonticket.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'd be happy with the longsleeve top. Mate of mine in Aus got a nice present a few years back of the white Lim top, short sleeve, with just 37 on as the "sponsor"

Online shop and club contact details here. http://limerickfc.ie/home/home.html

• Advertisement

http://www.limerickfc.ie/Home/news/101213greyhoundbenefit.html
    Limerick FC are having a Benefit Night on Wednesday 22nd December in Limerick Greyhound Stadium on what promises to be a huge night of fun with 11 live races, comedian Karl Spain performing live and band The Crimson Flames till late.

Limerick FC are launching their own Loyalty/Membership card on the night. Everyone who comes on the night will receive a Loyalty/Membership card worth €10 and also be entered in a FREE Mega Prize Draw – First Prize is a Panasonic 50” HD 100Hz Plasma TV and 5.1 Home Cinema System. Receive FREE mulled wine and mince pies on entry.

Pat Purcell (aka Superman) races a Greyhound called Bate the Wind on the night.
    “Can Superman Bate the Wind?” Find out on the night.

All this for ONLY €10.

The perfect way to waste all my money before Christmas Day even arrives.

Sadly due to the weather tonights benefit night has been cancelled.

http://limerickfc.ie/home/home.html

LSC AGM-Phil Flannerys. Mon 31st Jan. 8pm.

Fifa night-Phil Flannerys. Wed 26th Jan. Reg from 7.30pm.

LSC Legend flag appeal. New twist on the annual new flag donation appeal. Vote for your favourite Limerick player. (past or present) E10 per vote (E20 gets you 2 votes and so on) players with most votes gets his image on the new flag.

LSC AGM-Phil Flannerys. Mon 31st Jan. 8pm.

LSC Legend flag appeal. New twist on the annual new flag donation appeal. Vote for your favourite Limerick player. (past or present) E10 per vote (E20 gets you 2 votes and so on) players with most votes gets his image on the new flag.
    Polo shirts (black, navy, white) available for 25 euro tonight at the Supporters Club AGM in Flannery's.

Saturday 5th: Limerick 3-2 Mervue (Breen(not signed),Shane Tracey, Fatmadh Dunisha)

Wednesday 9th: Salthill 0-4 Limerick (Paudie Quinn, Stephen O Flynn, Gary Sheehan, Peter Hynes)

The season kicks off with an away match to Drogheda on March 4th.

First home game of the season is Wexford Youths on March 11th 7:45pm.

Squad so far (including A and U20 players):

• Andrew Bhandarkar
    • Cian Bourke
    • Garvan Broughall
    • Darren Coleman
    • Garbhan Coughlan
    • Shane Cusack
    • David Donnan
    • Fatmadh Dunisha
    • Patrick Durkin
    • John Frost
    • Peter Hynes
    • Jeffrey Judge
    • Alan Kelly
    • Philip Lavin
    • Thomas Lyons
    • Brian McCarthy
    • Steven McGann
    • Brian McGorrian
    • Bryan Murphy
    • James O'Brien
    • Brian O'Callaghan
    • Sean O'Callaghan
    • Stephen O'Flynn
    • David O'Leary
    • Lee O'Mara
    • Pat Purcell
    • David Quinn
    • Padraic Quinn
    • Barry Ryan
    • David Ryan
    • Alex Scully
    • Garry Sheahan
    • Robert Shier
    • Shane Tracy

Also there is a race night tomorrow night in the new greyhound track. Details here

Pre-season:
    Dundalk 0-1 Limerick
    Drogheda 1-4 Limerick

Munster Senior Cup Quarter Final:

Killarney 1-4 Limerick

Licence:

Due to the FAI being an awkard shower Limerick have had to wait an extra week to get their First Division Licence. The club is confident it should be confirmed tomorrow.

It is also unknown at the moment who Limerick will play in their first game.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Licence:

Due to the FAI being an awkard shower Limerick have had to wait an extra week to get their First Division Licence. The club is confident it should be confirmed tomorrow.

It is also unknown at the moment who Limerick will play in their first game.

FAIlure fudge factory in full swing once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mastershake

Anyone know if John Tierney has been signed up for next year?

Anyone know if John Tierney has been signed up for next year?
    He hasn't. He is playing with Pike now.

• Advertisement

And the wait goes on.....for another day at least.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/4984/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement