Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

You are looking for the Limerick FC Academy, http://limerickfc.ie/academy/ I've still got to update there with the new times (Check back there at the end of the day, I'll do it after this guy from Eircom comes and checks my internet), but the prices are still the same.

If you want more information on the Academy, you can Contact the Academy Director, Colin Scanlan 085 - 1305752 or Email academy@limerickfc.ie

Cheers for this he be delighted loves his football plays for Geraldines under9s but there season is over till next Feb he was very disapointed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Not a bother mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Still House

Thursday July 1st

8pm

E10 per person (table of 4) if you dont have a team of 4 come along and we'll fit you in.

Prizes/spot prizes on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Strengthen the squad again I see, some good signings there.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Strengthen the squad again I see, some good signings there.

Any names?

• Advertisement

Any names?

Seve O'Flynn, Dave Rogers, Tim Kiely.

All can be seen in the latest announcement by the club:
    Limerick FC are delighted to announce that Stephen O’Flynn, Dave Rogers and Tim Kiely have agreed terms to sign with the club. John Sullivan and Brian O’Callaghan are also training with the club at present with a view to securing a contract. The news comes hot on the heels of the Super Blues securing a trio of hugely talented young players, Dave O’Leary, Andrew Bhandarkar and Garvan Coughlan.
    In a move that manager Pat Scully describes as “A massive statement of intent”, Limerick FC have sent out a clear message to their First Division rivals. Speaking exclusively to www.limerickfc.ie, Scully added “It speaks volumes for the club that these players have come on board, Stephen is a top class professional, his goals were a huge boost for us last year and to have him back is brilliant”. O’Flynn has agreed terms until the end of next season, 2011, and along with his fellow new signings, adds immeasurable experience to Limericks exciting young squad.
    A clearly buoyant Scully was delighted to also finally secure the signature of Dave Rogers and Tim Kiely, “We very nearly signed Dave at the start of the season but I’m delighted to have him here now. He’s played at the top level here, including in European competition and keeps himself in great shape. He’s a real character aswell and will add to the excellent team spirit we already have here. To sign Timmy Kiely was another added bonus, he’s still a young lad but was a full-time pro with Cork City last year and also spent a couple of seasons at Celtic. Timmy is a really exciting player and the fact that he’s from Tipperary Town it gives him the chance to stay close to home”.
    Limerick have been boosted further by the return to fitness of Shane Clarke who had scored four goals in two matches before injuring his knee, “It’s like signing another new striker”, Scully beamed. “Clarkey is a great player and was only getting into his stride when he got injured, it’s great to have him back aswell. Make no mistake, we’re going full steam ahead to win this league and even if we end up in the play-offs we’ll fear no one”.
    Talismanic striker O’Flynn also spoke of his delight on returning the club he regards as home, “ I’m just delighted to be back. I was out of football for a year with injury when Pat Scully gave me a chance last year. I did well enough to earn a contract in England. Some of the players here were inexperienced last year but have come a long way in the last 12 months, the experience myself, Dave and Timmy can add will have a huge impact. I’ve been around a few years now and the set up here, on and off the pitch is absolutely top-class, Pat O’Sullivan can take a lot of credit for that, what he’s doing for soccer in Limerick is unbelievable. We’re 16 years stuck in this Division and it’s time we got back where we belong, rugby and Gaelic have taken over in terms of support in Limerick and it’s time we changed that”.
    Limerick FC are now hot favourites to finish in at least the coveted play-off spots and are still looking to further improve their squad. Limerick would also like to wish the following players the very best for their future careers as they have now departed from the club, Conor Molan, Brian Collopy, Robbie Kelleher and Ian Storan who has secured a soccer scholarship in New York, we would like to sincerely thank them for their dedication and commitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Seve O'Flynn, Dave Rogers, Tim Kiely.

All can be seen in the latest announcement by the club:

Is that the same John Sullivan who played with the club a good few years back? Circa 00/01

I'm not entirely sure on that, I'll drop by when they are training and check :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Many travelling tonight ?

Its not the same John O'Sullivan, this one is a young lad, about 19.

And as for tonight, there is about 40 people going on the Supporters Club Bus, And about another 100 going in cars etc.

Supporters Club have, Blue Balloons, Bubble Machines, Inflatable Saxaphones, Vuvuzelas, Bubble Sticks, Swimming Rings, Beach Balls, etc. for a bit of fun down there, as well as a few new songs. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Cork City 1 - 2 Limerick.

(Stanley, Treacy)

A fantastic performance in Cork moves Limerick to third in the table (Monaghan have a game in hand, and a win for them would move them up to third. Table here.

Next game: Home to Waterford (who are second in the table) on Friday, July 2nd.

Great match today lads, I'll be posting pictures tomorrow, Might spark an interest for some in some away games.

osarusan wrote: »
    (Monaghan have a game in hand, and a win for them would move them up to third.
    but Monaghan only drew their game in hand, which means Limerick keep third spot and now have a 2-point advantage.

Next game is home to Waterford, who are second in the table, on Friday July 2nd - a win would see us go level on points with Waterford, behind them only on goal difference.

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Still House

Thursday July 1st

8pm

E10 per person (table of 4) if you dont have a team of 4 come along and we'll fit you in.

Prizes/spot prizes on the night.

Becks promo on the night!

Becks promo on the night!

For the record that Becks Vier is fantastic, even better when free and comes with a basket of chicken! well done to all involved in a very successfull quiz night, great turn out. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Cant wait for the Waterford game woohoo

Must say, the Quiz was a great laugh, Some of the answers I saw when correcting it was hilarious..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Heading up to the game tonight, hoping for a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Got the young lad signed up for the Academy summer camp I will report back in a week and let everyone know how it was, but it for 90e it looks very reasonable

campo wrote: »
    Got the young lad signed up for the Academy summer camp I will report back in a week and let everyone know how it was, but it for 90e it looks very reasonable

I hope he enjoys the camp, we only have the best of coaches at it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

0-0 and Limerick really should have won this game. Apart from the first 15 where Waterford were strong, Limerick owned this game. The standard of football was pretty poor tbf.

Aidric wrote: »
    0-0 and Limerick really should have won this game. Apart from the first 15 where Waterford were strong, Limerick owned this game. The standard of football was pretty poor tbf.
    Agreed.

Poor game on a truly pathetic pitch, sanded by the LDMC a couple of days ago.

Good news for Limerick was the return of striker Steven O'Flynn from England.

Next home game - Salthill Devon on Friday, July 9th.

Aidric wrote: »
    The standard of football was pretty poor tbf.

Cant blame anything other than the pitch for that in fairness (worst iv ever seen) give Limerick a decent pitch to play on (Turners cross, Tolka, Wexford) and you will get good football . LDMC would want to get the finger out on this one, they are getting thousands off the club in rent. Only thing worse on the night was the ref.

Given the state of the pitch and the opposition I would have taken the draw at the start. Give O'Flynn another 2/3 weeks to sharpen up and we would have won 2-0. His movement, touch and awareness is all there already.

osarusan wrote: »
    Next home game - Salthill Devon on Friday, July 9th.

Beer and BBQ for this one! half price too for those who kept there voucher from the Waterford game. Also.....

Limerick FC Supporters Club
    Would like to thank the following businesses for their kind contribution to our recent Table Quiz held in The Still House, Thomas St:
    Chapps/Tony Connolly's Menswear, Figaro's Barber Shop, Niall Colgan Hairdressers, Ken Sexton Menswear, Michael Gleeson Shoes, Kelly Travel, The Still House, Limerick Race Course, Clohessy's Bar, Noel Andrews Menswear, Goosers Corner, Dan Lawless Flowers, La Piccola Italia, Da Vinci Barbers, Carews, Freddys Bistro, Michael O' Connell Menswear, Unicorn Bar & Restaurant, Phil Flannerys Bar, Retro Barbers, Ger Storan Shoes.
    Thanks to everyone who attended and contributed to the night, it was a very successful event.

Beer and BBQ for this one! half price too for those who kept there voucher from the Waterford game. Also.....

Limerick FC Supporters Club
    Would like to thank the following businesses for their kind contribution to our recent Table Quiz held in The Still House, Thomas St:
    Chapps/Tony Connolly's Menswear, Figaro's Barber Shop, Niall Colgan Hairdressers, Ken Sexton Menswear, Michael Gleeson Shoes, Kelly Travel, The Still House, Limerick Race Course, Clohessy's Bar, Noel Andrews Menswear, Goosers Corner, Dan Lawless Flowers, La Piccola Italia, Da Vinci Barbers, Carews, Freddys Bistro, Michael O' Connell Menswear, Unicorn Bar & Restaurant, Phil Flannerys Bar, Retro Barbers, Ger Storan Shoes.
    Thanks to everyone who attended and contributed to the night, it was a very successful event.

I was looking for that list of sponsors, I couldn't find it anywhere.. haha :P

Now I can finally update the Table Quiz on the fanzone with the sponsor list :)

Now I can finally update the Table Quiz on the fanzone with the sponsor list :)

Can you stick it up onto fool.ie for me aswell please?

Sure thing :)

Limerick 5 - 0 Salthill Devon

(Kiely, Treacy (pen), O'Flynn, Judge, Kelly)

Limerick, Monaghan and Waterford all on the same points in second place - table here.

Next game - away versus Wexford, Friday 16th July.

Next home game - versus Monaghan, Friday 23rd July.

Congrats to the SC World Cup Sweepstakes winner Tom Luddy Jnr. Pile of cash on its way! :cool:

• Advertisement

Congrats to the SC World Cup Sweepstakes winner Tom Luddy Jnr. Pile of cash on its way! :cool:

Fix :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement