Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,372 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Papa_Bear wrote: »
    The boards.ie offer page doesn't seem to be working (for me at least). It's coming up with an error 404.

+1 From both Firefox and Chrome.

travist wrote: »
    If I sign up will I get decent customer service?! Doubt it, so not bothered.

I signed up for UPC multiroom about a year ago so a new digital box for my bedroom arrived. I had two minor technical issues setting it up, on both occasions I phoned the number given to me on the letter which came with the pack, each time I spoke to an Irish person who guided me through the process and within an hour of the pack arriving I was in business.

You sound like someone with an ancient axe to grind, may I suggest that you outline what your gripe is or are you simply content to throw mud?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Papa_Bear

Random wrote: »
    @papa bear - it's loading fine for me
    http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Sorry, I meant to say when you click the send button, then you get the 404 error. Just tried it again there and still no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭SteM

This is the error I'm getting.

05-01-2011 08-30-35.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Guys

Sorry about this, IT are working on it currently. If you want to order in the meantime please call 1890 940635 and you will be looked after.

Regards

Jason

• Advertisement

Hi Papa_Bear

If you currently have Digital TV Value and want to upgrade to the Fibre Freedom Starter bundle you can do so via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer and you will get your €50 voucher and free activation.

This new bundle has Digital Value TV with a Digital Plus box, 20mb Broadband, Free wireless router, Home phone freetime world, all for just €60 per month.

You are correct, a couple of days ago the old starter bundle had 8mb broadband and no wireless router, we have changed our packs and now All new triple play bundles have at least 20mb broadband in them and a free wireless router. Big changes.

Hope you enjoy

Regards

Jason
    Papa_Bear wrote: »
    The boards.ie offer page doesn't seem to be working (for me at least). It's comming up with an error 404.

I'm an existing digital TV customer (value pack) and I am interested the fibre starter package for €60 per month. Is this what you get through the boards offer? This also says 20MB and I get a free wireless modem but it was 8MB and no free wireless modem last time i checked it 2 days ago.

Also I just want to confirm if I can keep my existing phone no. and run the same number of phones(4 currently)?

Cheers

All

The loading page is once again working, apologies for the downtime

Regards

Jason
    UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Guys

Sorry about this, IT are working on it currently. If you want to order in the meantime please call 1890 940635 and you will be looked after.

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

coylemj wrote: »
    I signed up for UPC multiroom about a year ago so a new digital box for my bedroom arrived. I had two minor technical issues setting it up, on both occasions I phoned the number given to me on the letter which came with the pack, each time I spoke to an Irish person who guided me through the process and within an hour of the pack arriving I was in business.

You sound like someone with an ancient axe to grind, may I suggest that you outline what your gripe is or are you simply content to throw mud?
    Unfortunately I missed this thread when I signed up with UPC for digital TV, phone and 30Mbps broadband before Xmas so missed out on the switching "bonus" :(. I was aware of negative reports in the past about their customer support but a colleague seemed happy enough with them so I thought I'd chance it especially since my UTV - ultimately via eircom landline - broadband was so poor (struggling to get even 1Mbps) and the net cost of switching and consolidating all services was practically nil. I ordered the package online on the Thursday before Xmas week and the gear was delivered for self install on the following Saturday. I had some technical and billing queries and had no problem getting onto both departments by phone and email and was happy with the service that I got. They did mistakenly charge some equipment activation fees which should not have applied to a self install but they credited these back as soon as I queried them. So far I am happy enough with the customer service and very pleased with the actual services provided. I have no vested interest in UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

Hi Jason, sent a PM to you the other day re availability, just wondering if you received it. Thanks.

Hi Tarquin1970

Yes, just checked your address, nothing scheduled for phone upgrade at this point at your address unfortunately, apologies.

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason, sent a PM to you the other day re availability, just wondering if you received it. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

Hi Tarquin1970

Yes, just checked your address, nothing scheduled for phone upgrade at this point at your address unfortunately, apologies.

Regards

Jason

Ah well, thanks for that anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kamhaysin

Hi kamhaysin

Home phone or HD are not part of the student offer, sorry.

The student offer allows you to subscribe to any Digital TV (with digital plus) and broadband (8, 15 or 30mb) and if you do this before November 14th you will get the summer months free of charge.

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,

Joined your service thru boards.ie offer link in Oct 2010. Still have not got the 50 euro voucheer. I rang your CS few times but was kept transfer to the "relevant department". What is the best way to get my Carphone Warehouse voucher?

Thanks
    Kam

Hi kamhaysin

Sorry about the delay, CS do not manage this boards offer, there is a specifc retail support team managing this, please call 1890 940635 and my guys will chase up your voucher with Carphone Warehouse straight away.

Thanks

Jason
    kamhaysin wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Joined your service thru boards.ie offer link in Oct 2010. Still have not got the 50 euro voucheer. I rang your CS few times but was kept transfer to the "relevant department". What is the best way to get my Carphone Warehouse voucher?

Thanks
    Kam

Jason, just to let you know that your guys rang me yesterday and I signed up, I'm getting my BB router/modem/whatever (20Mb) delivered tomorrow.

Hi coylemj

Great stuff, enjoy.

Regards

Jason

Want to order new products from UPC and get a free voucher for €50 and also get Free activation of all boxes? If so just click here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Jason, just to let you know that your guys rang me yesterday and I signed up, I'm getting my BB router/modem/whatever (20Mb) delivered tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

Any idea if digital max+ subscribers are going to be able to get Sky Atlantic ?

Hi kingofslave

No sorry, nothing announced on that yet

Regards

Jason

Want to order new products from UPC and get a free voucher for €50 and also get Free activation of all boxes? If so just click here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer
    Any idea if digital max+ subscribers are going to be able to get Sky Atlantic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 orangekitkats

Hi Jason, just letting you know that everythings sorted and up-and-running. Thanks for your help!
    Hi orangekitkats

We have changed some prices, have left some the same and have increased broadband speeds.

If you ordered before the 2010 offers ended (yesterday) then you can have that deal no problem. Please PM me your details and I will get my guys to call you back straight away and set it up for you.

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Hi Jason, I got UPC installed in the last week of November via the boards link but theres no sign of the voucher yet. I realise of course that Christmas likely would have screwed up the posting schedule etc but any chance you could take a quick look into it for me?

Thanks.

Hi Johnk

Sorry about that. Please call 1890 940635 or email retailsales@upc.ie and they will chase up with the retailer direct for you straight away.

Regards

Jason

JohnK wrote: »
    Hi Jason, I got UPC installed in the last week of November via the boards link but theres no sign of the voucher yet. I realise of course that Christmas likely would have screwed up the posting schedule etc but any chance you could take a quick look into it for me?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Jason, what's the story with this Cisco cable modem/router that you're shipping to your broadband customers? I got one delivered on Friday, it didn't work for a variety of reasons including a bad connection in the outdoor ducts which one of your guys fixed today. However even when he had the connection sorted, he still had to swap out the (brand new) Cisco modem and replace it in order to get me a usable signal.

Now I find that the Wi-Fi performance is lousy, see this thread from the past three days which discusses the same issue which lots of people are having, basically they say the UPC-supplied modem is sh1te.

I can't access Wi-Fi even from the bedroom immediately above the lounge where the modem is located, that's from a laptop or an iTouch 4G, both can see the router but can't connect even through floorboards, I don't live in a castle with stone walls! I can only connect to the router over Wi-Fi if I'm in the same room, otherwise it's a non-starter.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056140117

Hi coylemj

I am not a technical expert but had a similar issue with mine and tech support were able to sort it out over the phone by changing the connection settings. (took about 5 minutes and totally fixed the issue, they are shipped with a generic setting that suits most computers but not necessarily all, age of machine, hardware spec etc can all impact on wifi connection speed)

CAll 1908, and go for broadband technical support and explain the issue, they are normally excellent, it should help.

Regards

Jason

Jason, what's the story with this Cisco cable modem/router that you're shipping to your broadband customers? I got one delivered on Friday, it didn't work for a variety of reasons including a bad connection in the outdoor ducts which one of your guys fixed today. However even when he had the connection sorted, he still had to swap out the (brand new) Cisco modem and replace it in order to get me a usable signal.

Now I find that the Wi-Fi performance is lousy, see this thread from the past three days which discusses the same issue which lots of people are having, basically they say the UPC-supplied modem is sh1te.

I can't access Wi-Fi even from the bedroom immediately above the lounge where the modem is located, that's from a laptop or an iTouch 4G, both can see the router but can't connect even through floorboards, I don't live in a castle with stone walls! I can only connect to the router over Wi-Fi if I'm in the same room, otherwise it's a non-starter.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056140117

Hi orangekitkats

That's great, best of luck and enjoy your UPC products...and spending your voucher!

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason, just letting you know that everythings sorted and up-and-running. Thanks for your help!

Hi coylemj

I am not a technical expert but had a similar issue with mine and tech support were able to sort it out over the phone by changing the connection settings. (took about 5 minutes and totally fixed the issue, they are shipped with a generic setting that suits most computers but not necessarily all, age of machine, hardware spec etc can all impact on wifi connection speed)

CAll 1908, and go for broadband technical support and explain the issue, they are normally excellent, it should help.

Regards

Jason

Thanks for the swift reply, I fixed it myself by changing the Wi-Fi channel from 'Auto' (it was always using Channel 1) to Channel 6 and it fixed the problem. The strange thing is that from upstairs I can see one of my neighbours router and he's on channel 1, maybe the fact that my box is right beside the TV and UPC digital box has something to do with it.

Good stuff coylemj

Glad it worked out for you. Enjoy.

Regards

Jason

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908.

**I am not authorised to comment in general threads without approval***

Thanks for the swift reply, I fixed it myself by changing the Wi-Fi channel from 'Auto' (it was always using Channel 1) to Channel 6 and it fixed the problem. The strange thing is that from upstairs I can see one of my neighbours router and he's on channel 1, maybe the fact that my box is right beside the TV and UPC digital box has something to do with it.

Hi Everyone

I have been getting lots of PM's after somebody posted another thread about the new UPC retail offers we have just introduced and I think a few words could assist you in making a buying decision if you are considering UPC at this point.

Below is a breakdown of the differences in the 2 offers:

The boards offer is excellent as it allows you order 1 product off us and get a €50 voucher and your €30 activation fee waived, so a nett €80 deal for 1 product. So for example an existing tv customer could order broadband via boards and save €80. (And they do not qualify for any retail offers) www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

If you order in Currys, PC World, DID Electrical or Carphone Warehouse, you will get charged €60 activation for the tv/Broadband/Phone bundles and will get a €250 voucher (or a free netbook), so a nett €190 deal for 3 products. (You must order 3 new products, so essentially for people on SKY/Eircom.) www.upc.ie/retailoffer

Or if you have UPC TV and order a Broadband and phone bundle in store, you will get charged €30 activation and will get a voucher for €125 or get a free HD TV, so a nett €95 deal for 2 products.

As always, if you need additional information on it, PM me or email retailsales@upc.ie or call 1890 940635.

It really all depends on your circumstances, but whether it is a boards offer or a retail one, you have plenty of choices.

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason Campbell

UPC Retail Sales Manager

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Hi Jason,

Happy New Year to you.

Got my Internet Router just before xmas but I was surprised to find that no splitter was included; how does UPC envisage that persons with UPC TV and Internet actually avail of both services; is it that UPC expect the customer to go out and purchase their own splitter? Or can you arrange for a splitter to be posted out to me?

On another note, how long does it take on average for the Atlantic voucher to be sent out?

Finally, is it possible to change my UPC Set-Top box, (which is an old version of the box), to the latest version and if so how can I go about doing it please?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Iba

Hi iba

The splitter should have been in the box assuming you self installed. Please call my guys on 1890 940635 with your account number and they will arrange for that to get sorted for you straight away, apologies.

You say you are on an old box, would you not consider swapping that for a digital plus box, meaning you can pause, record and series link etc? If you want this, please again mention that to my guys who will arrange a swap for you.

Regards

Jason

iba wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Happy New Year to you.

Got my Internet Router just before xmas but I was surprised to find that no splitter was included; how does UPC envisage that persons with UPC TV and Internet actually avail of both services; is it that UPC expect the customer to go out and purchase their own splitter? Or can you arrange for a splitter to be posted out to me?

On another note, how long does it take on average for the Atlantic voucher to be sent out?

Finally, is it possible to change my UPC Set-Top box, (which is an old version of the box), to the latest version and if so how can I go about doing it please?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Iba

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭brendanb586

Hi Jason,

Is this offer (supposed to be) available for existing subscribers wanting to upgrade? Looking to go from Digital+ to HD+, filled out form and got callback; would have to pay €60 to activate. She stated I could go online to get this reduced to €30. Tried that, but couldn't allow me to order Digital Max + HD as I already had "Digital Max", so only way to pay an extra €5/month is to pay €60?

Enquired as to what the "Activation Fee" is for - Support stated that it was for the equipment - when I reminded her that the equipment is not owned by the user, she said it was for "Courier charges and stuff";

You seem to be a straight talker, can we clarify what the administration fee is for - equipment, courier fees, clicking "HD" on the screen? I suspect it is just a Ryanair style "charge because we get away with it", as you seem to be able to waive it in this forum; reduce it by ordering online or a new customer. Can this be clarified once and for all??

• Advertisement

Hi brendanb586

This offer is for new orders, upgrades to an existing service do not qualify, as per the terms & conditions. http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

The €60 activation charge you are enquiring about is standard for any tv customers upgrading to HD if you order via any channel other than online, which has lower cost for us as a business.

Please call my team on 1890 940635 and I will honour the online cost for you (as a boardie) if you want to go ahead.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Jason

Hi Jason,

Is this offer (supposed to be) available for existing subscribers wanting to upgrade? Looking to go from Digital+ to HD+, filled out form and got callback; would have to pay €60 to activate. She stated I could go online to get this reduced to €30. Tried that, but couldn't allow me to order Digital Max + HD as I already had "Digital Max", so only way to pay an extra €5/month is to pay €60?

Enquired as to what the "Activation Fee" is for - Support stated that it was for the equipment - when I reminded her that the equipment is not owned by the user, she said it was for "Courier charges and stuff";

You seem to be a straight talker, can we clarify what the administration fee is for - equipment, courier fees, clicking "HD" on the screen? I suspect it is just a Ryanair style "charge because we get away with it", as you seem to be able to waive it in this forum; reduce it by ordering online or a new customer. Can this be clarified once and for all??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement