Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Hi Jason,

Like the previous poster, I too would like to say thank you very much to you and to Rob, whom I found to be a complete pleasure to deal with, for all of your assistance.

Just waiting for my voucher in the post; hope it dosent take too much longer :)

Kind Regards

Iba

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Hi Jason.Got my broadband in on Monday and have to say its flying .Can you check if i will get my voucher ,not sure if it went through on a/c.I sent you my a/c num in a mesg last week but if you need it again let me know.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

shardylan wrote: »
    Hi Jason.Got my broadband in on Monday and have to say its flying .Can you check if i will get my voucher ,not sure if it went through on a/c.I sent you my a/c num in a mesg last week but if you need it again let me know.Thanks

believe the vouchers are only sent out after the first bill is paid. I am about to pay my first bill, so another week or two and I will be chasing them also :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Thanks everyone for your very nice feedback.

It is a good offer and we are glad to help out as much as we can.

The vouchers can take up to 30 days after you get installed.

Regards
    Jason
    If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

- For all customer service queries, please contact 1908.

**I am not authorised to comment in general threads without approval***

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭jack67

hi jason i got my broadband and phone through this site ,in the middle of december,have got my 2nd bill at this stage and still no voucher,have rang your people and was told woodies had run out of vouchers:mad:i think its a bit much having to wait so long very disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

I notice people are still availing of this offer, but are they new applicants or has it expired?

I have my TV channels with UPC and am considering switching from Vodafone Home Broadband to UPC. As a long time NTL/UPC customer I'm wondering if I can apply?

Hi jack67

Sorry you have been delayed, I was aware of a delay last month in Woodies but that issue has been resolved. PLease call my team today (there to 6pm and same tomorrow Sunday)on 1890 940635 and they will chase up your voucher with Woodies straight away (may have been mislaid, they can reissue them and cancel previous ones)

Regards

Jason

jack67 wrote: »
    hi jason i got my broadband and phone through this site ,in the middle of december,have got my 2nd bill at this stage and still no voucher,have rang your people and was told woodies had run out of vouchers:mad:i think its a bit much having to wait so long very disappointed.

Hi Kajor

Yes, this is still live. You can of course apply if you are switching broadband over to us. Just apply here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Regards

Jason
    Kajor wrote: »
    I notice people are still availing of this offer, but are they new applicants or has it expired?

I have my TV channels with UPC and am considering switching from Vodafone Home Broadband to UPC. As a long time NTL/UPC customer I'm wondering if I can apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kajor

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi Kajor

Yes, this is still live. You can of course apply if you are switching broadband over to us. Just apply here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Regards

Jason

Cheers Jason,

I filled in the application just after I asked the question. Just waiting on a call now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

I'm with Redskins.... I cannot get the package I want even though it would mean an extra 5 euro per month for UPC - Insane policies.

Instead, they want me to give them 9 euro for the package I want.
    Makes no sense for me to do it the way they want so I am going to downgrade now instead of upgrade. Yes it will cost me a tenner, but Ill save 7 per month by changing.

Why do existing customers get screwed over?

Totally agree with your take on existing customers getting screwed. I am with UPC for 6 years now. I plan on moving to Sky in the Summer.

• Advertisement

Kajor

Great stuff thanks. Enjoy!

Regards

Jason

If you want to order new products from us and get a voucher for €50 through this boards offer, (and free activation of product) just click through this link http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/ (Please see the terms & conditions)

Kajor wrote: »
    Cheers Jason,

I filled in the application just after I asked the question. Just waiting on a call now. :)

Hi all.

Just to advise that this offer is still running, order new UPC products via this boards offer and you will get Free connection and also a free €50 voucher for either D.I.D Electrical or The Carphone Warehouse. Just click here to order www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Thanks

Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Hi Jason / UPC

Can you tell me whether it is possible to switch to UPC for a broadband only service - ie. I am not interested in TV channels or phone.

If this is possible can you tell me what packages are available for broadband only?

Hi jArgHA

No problem at all, you can order broadband, (once available) on its own from UPC.

Your choices are:

10mb Fibre Power Broadband - €32.75 per month or;
    20mb Fibre Power Broadband - €39.75 per month or;
    30mb Fibre Power Broadband - €49.75 per month

(if you order TV from us all the above prices reduce by €7.75 per month)

If you order via the boards offer your connection charges will be waived and you will also get a €50 voucher for either D.I.D Electrical or The Carphone Warehouse. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason

jArgHA wrote: »
    Hi Jason / UPC

Can you tell me whether it is possible to switch to UPC for a broadband only service - ie. I am not interested in TV channels or phone.

If this is possible can you tell me what packages are available for broadband only?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Thanks for the info Jason, just a final question, I presume those prices above exclude VAT?

Hi jArgHA

No. Those prices include Vat - they are the price you pay.

Regards

Jason

jArgHA wrote: »
    Thanks for the info Jason, just a final question, I presume those prices above exclude VAT?

Hi Rafa1977

Sorry to hear that. I am afraid it is highly likely that you will pay far more with Sky for your TV service, and will have to pay considerably more for extra's on SKY that come either free with UPC or for less than Sky.

For example:

Multiroom viewing with Sky costs €15 per box - €5 with UPC
    If you want multiroom viewing on Sky you must also have a telephone line - not so with UPC.

HD costs €15 per month with Sky - €5 with UPC

ESPN is free with UPC Select Extra and Max packs - it costs €12 with Sky on top of your Sky Sports payment.

Setanta Ireland is also free with UPC.

Setanta HD is exclusive to UPC

Even Sky Sports costs less on UPC than it does on SKY.

If you would like to talk through options with my team please call 1890 940635 at any stage.

Regards

Jason
    Rafa1977 wrote: »
    I plan on moving to Sky in the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Got my Woodies voucher in the post today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Alan_Madden

Hi Alan_Madden

Lastly, you refer to the website not asking if you are an existing UPC customer. It does, please have a look www.upc.ie/boardsoffer
    (Already a UPC customer?*)

Hi Jason,
    I was referring to the actual UPC.ie site and not the boardsoffer, apologies for the ambiguity. I was proposing that the "Existing or New Customer" option is displayed on the website prior to entering the site, that's all. It would make things slightly easier on you guys in not having to deal with existing customers going mad over new offers...UNLESS of course they purposely select that they are an "new customer" :)

On a separate note, thanks for helping out with my Freedom Sports package.... shout out to Rob also for being the gentleman that he is when dealing with customers on the phone.

Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭jack67

i also got my woodies voucher today :Dthanks jason

• Advertisement

Hi Alan_Madden

No worries, happy to help, and I will pass on your good wishes to Rob. All the team work hard to help, especially for all the boardies..... :D

Regards

Jason

On a separate note, thanks for helping out with my Freedom Sports package.... shout out to Rob also for being the gentleman that he is when dealing with customers on the phone.

Alan

Hi Alan_Madden

Sorry, just spotted this comment. I will pass that feedback back internally.

Cheers

Jason

I was referring to the actual UPC.ie site and not the boardsoffer, apologies for the ambiguity.
    Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

Jason
    I signed up for broadband and phone last year through this deal having had tv already but never received a voucher ?
    RoryW

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ikomj

Hi Jason above post has reminded me that I too signed up through boardsoffer in the middle of last year. Happy with the service but no voucher!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

I have signed up for this offer. A few questions though some of ye might be able to answer for me. I have sky in two rooms in the house which costs me about 60 euro/per month. I have package with eircom for broadband and phone together which costs roughly 130 euro per/month. Would I make any savings from moving over? Is the broadband good quality? What are the initial costs - such as new boxes in rooms etc? Thanks for any advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

Rafa1977 wrote: »
    Totally agree with your take on existing customers getting screwed. I am with UPC for 6 years now. I plan on moving to Sky in the Summer.

Was thinking of moving from sky to UPC but don't know much about it. Is there any problems with UPC I should know about?

Hi RoryW & ikomj

Last year? Why wait so long to get in touch?

Call Rob today on 1890 940635, he is available until 6pm. Rob can chase it up for you straight away and can confirm the addresses yor vouchers were sent to.

Regards

Jason
    RoryW wrote: »
    Jason
    I signed up for broadband and phone last year through this deal having had tv already but never received a voucher ?
    RoryW

Hi bmarley

Probably for a different thread TBH

From a switching perspective, what I would say to you is fear not. UPC are one of the biggest cable providers in the world, with over 20 million subscribers. We provide High Definition TV, the fastest home broadband (up to 100mb) and the most affordable home phone in Ireland - combined services from 1 provider save you money -

If you switch, you would be 1 of the many thousands of people deciding to switch to UPC each week , - 1 in 3 homes in Ireland are now customers of UPC.

Best bit is, switch to UPC via boards and you get connected free and get a voucher for €50 to spend too.... www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Enjoy!

Regards

Jason
    bmarley wrote: »
    Was thinking of moving from sky to UPC but don't know much about it. Is there any problems with UPC I should know about?

bmarley

Massive savings by switching to UPC actually.

An excellent value bundle from UPC is our Fibre Freedom Sport bundle. http://www.upc.ie/deals/2094/20947761.html?s_tnt=22404:2:0

This has Digital Select extra (approx 120 channels,including Setanta Ireland, & ESPN Sports) a digital plus box, 20mb broadband, a free wireless router, home phone, and freetime calls (local/National and International calls free) - this just costs €65 per month - in total. Add multiroom viewing, and this will cost just €70 each month. This wll save you €60 each month - €720 each year.

Ordering via this boards offer also gets you free connection and a €50 voucher too. www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Regards

Jason
    bmarley wrote: »
    I have signed up for this offer. A few questions though some of ye might be able to answer for me. I have sky in two rooms in the house which costs me about 60 euro/per month. I have package with eircom for broadband and phone together which costs roughly 130 euro per/month. Would I make any savings from moving over? Is the broadband good quality? What are the initial costs - such as new boxes in rooms etc? Thanks for any advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Hi Jason do you know are there any plans to get full coverage to Mount Oval Village, Rochestown, Cork anytime soon (specifically the Dewberry area)? I've got a sister there who was asking me about UPC today.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement