Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

Hi iba

Assuming you did not order the tv through this boards offer then yes you are indeed eligible as you currently do not have broadband with us.
    (One voucher per customer)

Go for it and enjoy

Regards

Jason
    iba wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

B/B has just become available to me. I currently have UPC Digital - am I eligibale for the 50 Euro voucher and free connection if I go through http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

UPC: Jason wrote: »
    Hi iba

Assuming you did not order the tv through this boards offer then yes you are indeed eligible as you currently do not have broadband with us.
    (One voucher per customer)

Go for it and enjoy

Regards

Jason

Thanks Jason; just ordered the 15mb one. I hope the self-install will be easy to do as no techs available until 4th Jan.

Hi iba

Yes, it is straightforward to install yourself, good instructions in the box, and telephone support to assist you. Enjoy

Regards

Jason
    iba wrote: »
    Thanks Jason; just ordered the 15mb one. I hope the self-install will be easy to do as no techs available until 4th Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

hi jason i join upc this month order through the board but my account seem to being charge 40 euro what that be my first bill shouldn't be till 18 january .I thought activation be waved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

rob808 wrote: »
    hi jason i join upc this month order through the board but my account seem to being charge 40 euro what that be my first bill shouldn't be till 18 january .I thought activation be waved
    you'll be billed the charges but they'll be refunded back to you, unless it's been changed. asked a few times before :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

Hi Jason,

Looking to upgrade to UPC Digital TV HD from analogue.

I have a Full HD TV and also a VCR/DVD with 200GB HDD. Both new.
    The TV receives analogue but the box doesnt.
    I would prefer to record to this box.

What package would you recommend ?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hi ya

HI Jason finally been given the go ahead to order my line is active over 3 weeks now and nobody let us know .
    order placed through upc link .

Hi rob808

A credit will be applied to your account for the fees, please call 1890 940635 and my team will confirm that this has been done

Regards

Jason
    rob808 wrote: »

Hi Stojkovic

Please call 1890 940635 and my team will talk you through all the different digital packs.

Regards

Jason
    Stojkovic wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Looking to upgrade to UPC Digital TV HD from analogue.

I have a Full HD TV and also a VCR/DVD with 200GB HDD. Both new.
    The TV receives analogue but the box doesnt.
    I would prefer to record to this box.

What package would you recommend ?

Cheers.

Hi Hi ya

Not 100% sure what you mean, please call 1890 940 635 and my team will look after you (They are working today until 6pm)

Happy New Year

Regards

Jason
    Hi ya wrote: »
    HI Jason finally been given the go ahead to order my line is active over 3 weeks now and nobody let us know .
    order placed through upc link .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,091 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Why would anyone sign up using this €50 offer when they can get a €250 voucher from Carphone Warehouse by using their offer?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭Nollog

esel wrote: »
    Why would anyone sign up using this €50 offer when they can get a €250 voucher from Carphone Warehouse by using their offer?

I thought the 250 voucher was for existing customers adding tv packages to broadband or broadband to tv or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,091 ✭✭✭✭Esel

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I thought the 250 voucher was for existing customers adding tv packages to broadband or broadband to tv or something?
    Ah FI - I didn't read the small print, if that's what it says... Even so, must be an angle there!

Not your ornery onager

Hi esel

You can order 1 new product via this boards offer and get a voucher. You also get your activation charges waived with this offer (€30 per box installed)

In Carphone Warehouse, Currys, PC World and DID Electrical, you need to order a multiplay bundle of TV, Broadband and phone to get a voucher.

For example, if you are existing UPC Tv customer and sign up to a new TV/Broadband/Phone bundle will get a voucher for €125, and if you are not a UPC customer and sign up to TV/Broadband/Phone, you will get a voucher for €250.

Hope that clarifies it for you.

Regards

Jason
    esel wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 25,380 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Jason, I have Digital+ and Multiroom but I live in Deansgrange so can't yet get HD or voice. I would like to get UPC BB to replace my (crap) Vodafone BB but I'm tempted to wait until UPC HD and voice become available in my area so that I get get as good a deal as possible on a bundle, would you care to comment if that is the right way to go or not?

I'm sure you'd like me to sign up for UPC BB tomorrow but I'd like to keep my voice number and if I terminate the Vodafone BB + voice service now I will lose my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

coylemj wrote: »
    Jason, I have Digital+ and Multiroom but I live in Deansgrange so can't yet get HD or voice. I would like to get UPC BB to replace my (crap) Vodafone BB but I'm tempted to wait until UPC HD and voice become available in my area so that I get get as good a deal as possible on a bundle, would you care to comment if that is the right way to go or not?

I'm sure you'd like me to sign up for UPC BB tomorrow but I'd like to keep my voice number and if I terminate the Vodafone BB + voice service now I will lose my number.

In a similar boat here in Sallynoggin, want to dump Vodafone for the triple play deal but have to wait for UPC upgrade to be done. There seems to be a lot of KN Networks activity along Kill Avenue at the moment, so hopefully it won't be too long......

Hi coylemj & Tarquin 1970

Yes we are very active over that neck of the woods trying to get as many people upgraded as we can. Without your account details I cannot give an expected upgrade time but you could consider taking our broadband now and using an internet based voip service like blueface to port your number to until we can provide all services to you, that way you can avoid your vodafone line rental, have high speed broadband from UPC(from tomorrow, you get 20 MB Broadband for just €34 per month), and still have your phone working on your number.

Order via here today to get a €50 voucher and your activation fee waived (my guys will load the order tomorrow to ensure you get the new speed) www.upc.ie/boardsoffer

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    coylemj wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Hi Jason,

I'd love to get broadband, phone and TV from UPC. I already have the TV so do you know if I can get the broadband and phone yet? UPC where doing lots of digging in my estate before christmas so I'm curious as to what they were doing and if they installed broadband.

I'm in Palmerstown.

Hi BlackWizard

No idea without your exact address, PM me or email retailsales@upc.ie and we can check your actual house for you (we are out there at the moment so hope it wont be too long for you)

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,

I'd love to get broadband, phone and TV from UPC. I already have the TV so do you know if I can get the broadband and phone yet? UPC where doing lots of digging in my estate before christmas so I'm curious as to what they were doing and if they installed broadband.

I'm in Palmerstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 orangekitkats

Hi Jason, I ordered via the offer over the weekend, and was talking to one of your sales representatives yesterday. When I called back today to confirm what package I wanted, a different representative told me that the same package is costing 5 euro more per month than it was costing yesterday!! I'm interested in the Digital+ Max HD package (with multiroom). Is there any way this can be resolved? (i'm also looking for broadband to go with the tv package)

• Advertisement

Hi orangekitkats

We have changed some prices, have left some the same and have increased broadband speeds.

If you ordered before the 2010 offers ended (yesterday) then you can have that deal no problem. Please PM me your details and I will get my guys to call you back straight away and set it up for you.

Hope that helps

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason, I ordered via the offer over the weekend, and was talking to one of your sales representatives yesterday. When I called back today to confirm what package I wanted, a different representative told me that the same package is costing 5 euro more per month than it was costing yesterday!! I'm interested in the Digital+ Max HD package (with multiroom). Is there any way this can be resolved? (i'm also looking for broadband to go with the tv package)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭SteM

Hi Jason, is this offer still available? Thinking of changing over from Sky for the TV, BB and phone.

Hi SteM

Yes it is indeed. To order just click here www.upc.ie/boardsoffer for free activation of all boxes and a €50 voucher. Enjoy!!

Regards

Jason
    SteM wrote: »
    Hi Jason, is this offer still available? Thinking of changing over from Sky for the TV, BB and phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Alan_Madden

Hi Jason,

What's the deal regards older customers upgrading to the new deal? I joined in November 2010 and I have the €60 HD digital value TV, 8MB and the home phone freetime world.

I would love to have the €65 Digital Select extra package though so I could have ESPN and 20MB BB.

Is it possible to upgrade or is this offer for new customers only?

Thanks Jason

Hi Alan_Madden

These are new customer packs, but you can upgrade no problem.

I would suggest the new Fibre Freedom Sport HD pack:

That has Digital Select Extra HD TV (Including ESPN HD and Setanta HD)
    20 mb Broadband
    Phone Freetime World (includes local/National and International calls for only €70 per month. (The €65 one you mention below has no HD, but if you want it just ask for Fibre Freedom Sport)

If you want to upgrade, call 1890 940635 and my guys will look after you, but as it is an upgrade you will not qualify for a voucher unfortunately

Enjoy

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,

What's the deal regards older customers upgrading to the new deal? I joined in November 2010 and I have the €60 HD digital value TV, 8MB and the home phone freetime world.

I would love to have the €65 Digital Select extra package though so I could have ESPN and 20MB BB.

Is it possible to upgrade or is this offer for new customers only?

Thanks Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Papa_Bear

The boards.ie offer page doesn't seem to be working (for me at least). It's comming up with an error 404.

I'm an existing digital TV customer (value pack) and I am interested the fibre starter package for €60 per month. Is this what you get through the boards offer? This also says 20MB and I get a free wireless modem but it was 8MB and no free wireless modem last time i checked it 2 days ago.

Also I just want to confirm if I can keep my existing phone no. and run the same number of phones(4 currently)?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

@papa bear - it's loading fine for me
    http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Alan_Madden

Papa_Bear wrote: »
    The boards.ie offer page doesn't seem to be working (for me at least). It's comming up with an error 404.

I'm an existing digital TV customer (value pack) and I am interested the fibre starter package for €60 per month. Is this what you get through the boards offer? This also says 20MB and I get a free wireless modem but it was 8MB and no free wireless modem last time i checked it 2 days ago.

Also I just want to confirm if I can keep my existing phone no. and run the same number of phones(4 currently)?

Cheers

Hey Papa Bear, from what I know (or think I know) The wireless router is actually built into the modem so it comes as standard now. U won't have to deal with having a modem and a router now as it's all in 1 :)

As for the boards offer, you can only avail of this if you are a new customer, which is fair game, otherwise everyone would be after it and bankrupt UPC ! ! I would be very interested to hear what they tell you when you go to upgrade, or more to the point, what the cost will be. ie. will they allow you sign up to the new offers they have today.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

AFAIK you can avail of the offer if you are adding to an existing package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭travist

If I sign up will I get decent customer service?! Doubt it, so not bothered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement