Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Updated offer]Boards.ie exclusive limited offer: switch to UPC and get a €50 voucher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭warmblood

Hi Jason
    Just did not get around to it but thought i did not have to chase around to get it if it is forwarded soon i will be pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Butternutz1

Hi Jason yes I did order via the link, so you can imagine how frustrated I was to be told that there was no record of my details. I still have all the details from the order. A member of your team said they would arrange to have the voucher sent to me and advised up to 5 days for delivery. However due to the weather I waited a further week for delivery, I have been receiving post to my house as of Monday of this week.

Can I ask Jason that you take ownership of this issue or at least give me a name of someone that will maybe your manager ?

I am seriously wondering if all the hassle I have had with ntl/UPC since joining is actually worth it.

I look forward to hearing from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

Still haven't received my voucher yet. Will I PM you my account number to get it sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,621 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Jason.
    Why haven't NTL advised customers about the price increases that are coming next month?
    If it wasn't for boards, I've have never known about it.
    Sounds a bit underhand reading the posts on the other forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Virgin Media: Jason

All

It is obvious from the above posts that some people are experiencing a delay in the voucher being posted out over the last 2 weeks due to the ice & snow. Unfortunately, that is very regrettable (and no doubt frustrating for you)

What we can do is chase up with the retailer to get a date it was posted out to you, and we are happy to chase this up on your behalf. (If they have gone missing we can get them to cancel the original and post another one for example)

If you have experienced a delay (the voucher should be with you 30 days after you get installed) then please email retailsales@upc.ie or you can locall 1890 940635 and will happilly chase up for you straight away.

Once again, apologies if you are one of the few that have been affected. I understand the postal system is starting to get back to normal now so you should be sorted very soon.

Regards

Jason Campbell
    Retail Sales Manager - UPC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭82dgolf

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Jason.
    Why haven't NTL advised customers about the price increases that are coming next month?

Good Question?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

Jason.

That's a great question, and this would have slipped completely under the radar if it wasn't for boards. I was planning to switch my home phone and broadband over to UPC as soon as the service is available in my area, but I'll wait and see what the cost impact will be as it's unclear from the website.
    Any plans for UPC to have their own "talk to" forum on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭antomack

Hi Jason,

I got Digital TV back in October through this offer and am only just getting the relevant bill now which is showing a charge for the equipment activation of 2 x €30, one on 14/10 for the original activation on the standard box although a Digital+ had been ordered and then another on 18/10 for the activation of the Digital+ box when it was finally delivered. My understanding was that this fee was waived if ordered through the boards offer.

I have PM'd you with the account number and am looking forward to having this rectified.

Regards,

Anthony

Hi Anthony

Yes, this boards offer entitles you to free activation. The standard activation fee's still appear on your bill but are subsequently credited back. I will get my team to call you now to talk through and will confirm that these have been credited for you.

Regards

Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 10,621 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Jason
    What about the price increases?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Jason
    What about the price increases?

Apart from this, what do you want to know? All the detail of price changes are there, and I see you're already aware of it.

This thread is also not about price increases, it's about the €50 vouchers, and problems with receiving them.

People can stop reporting Jason's posts now too. We can't force him to answer a question he either can't or won't answer. This is a corporate decision by UPC, and not something a representative can do anything about, and possibly not something he can even comment on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭James.

jor el wrote: »

This thread is also not about price increases, it's about the €50 vouchers, and problems with receiving them.

This thread is about upc getting people to sign up for a deal.

They are about to change the deal now and they are not telling people.

Do you think that is ok ?

Do you think that they should still be allowed to use this forum to continue to sign people up to this deal which is about to change ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Butternutz1

Hi Jason

So I presume that by avoiding my question of you taking ownership, you are not going to take responsibility for your customers issues.

I will call your team and wonder what kind of lies I will be told this time.

Can you confirm that they too have no interest in taking ownership of my issue ??

Thanks jor el

I am not authorised to comment off this topic without approval.

This is as you say a boards offer deal, and the offer still stands.

If I get approval to comment on the price increase on some products I will comment straight away.

Regards

Jason
    jor el wrote: »
    Apart from this, what do you want to know? All the detail of price changes are there, and I see you're already aware of it.

People can stop reporting Jason's posts now too. We can't force him to answer a question he either can't or won't answer. This is a corporate decision by UPC, and not something a representative can do anything about, and possibly not something he can even comment on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭flutered

hi jason, i ordered via the boards link, installation was on 1/11/10, yesterday i made contact with upc as regards my voucher, i am now told that i am not entitled to it
    ticket id uuo-61021, mark claims that as i did not order through the proper channells, (which i am positive that i did),then i am not entitled to it, check back on my posts.

Hi Flutered

Just checked that ticket number and it does not exist, so I cannot help you directly. Can I ask you to please call in again on 1890 940635 and we will have another look, please quote you UPC account number, that will assist us in locating your original order etc.

Thanks

Jason
    flutered wrote: »
    hi jason, i ordered via the boards link, installation was on 1/11/10, yesterday i made contact with upc as regards my voucher, i am now told that i am not entitled to it
    ticket id uuo-61021, mark claims that as i did not order through the proper channells, (which i am positive that i did),then i am not entitled to it, check back on my posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Thanks Jason and the Team,

Got my voucher after quite a wait, But It seems to be more the fault of carphone warehouse than UPC.

Special Thanks to Mark for sorting out the voucher in a few hours :)

Hi there flutered

I have been advised that you actually ordered originally via our telesales department and not via boards. The terms are clear, to qualify for the voucher you must have ordered a new product via the boards link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer (upgrades to an existing service do not qualify)

Sorry about that.

Regards

Jason
    flutered wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Hi Jason,
    I ordered UPC via the boards offer and I was hooked up on Nov the 4th.

How long is the average wait for DID vouchers ? I was hoping I might have it for Christmas.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Thanks Jason and the Team,

Got my voucher after quite a wait, But It seems to be more the fault of carphone warehouse than UPC.

Special Thanks to Mark for sorting out the voucher in a few hours :)

Ah, really... still no sign of mine, hopefully it will arrive soon. Haven't made any phone calls though.

• Advertisement

Hi Whimsical

DID are normally on the ball regarding delivering on time ( within the 30 days).

Call my guys after 10am and they will chase up with DID for you to see what date your voucher was posted out.

Enjoy spending it :)

Regards

Jason
    Hi Jason,
    I ordered UPC via the boards offer and I was hooked up on Nov the 4th.

How long is the average wait for DID vouchers ? I was hoping I might have it for Christmas.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Just clicked on your link, and filled out the form.

Looking for tv channels only, would i still qualify for free installation, not in a cable area so cant have + , which is a bit of a :(.

I hope the offer is still on.

Hi grindelwald

Yes the offer is still live and yes, you will get the voucher if you ordered a new TV subscription and get installed.

Digital + is available in Dublin, Galway & Waterford non cabled areas.

Regards

Jason
    Just clicked on your link, and filled out the form.

Looking for tv channels only, would i still qualify for free installation, not in a cable area so cant have + , which is a bit of a :(.

I hope the offer is still on.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

My parents have UPC Digital @70 odd euro a month,

They are thinking of getting the internet installed but you don't offer it yet in the are??

It is Dublin 13 (baldoyle)

Can you confirm if it is available anytime soon?

Regards

Hi battries not included

We do have broadband available in certain estates in Baldoyle currently. PM me the address and I will check for you.

Regards

Jason
    My parents have UPC Digital @70 odd euro a month,

They are thinking of getting the internet installed but you don't offer it yet in the are??

It is Dublin 13 (baldoyle)

Can you confirm if it is available anytime soon?

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dazzacon

Hi I just moved apartment yesterday, new place so nothing is done. I need to look into gettting tv and internet. Is this student deal still on offer. I am a law student at King's Inns. What exactly is the deal(s) on offer? Ideally i would want to order in the next few days!
    Cheers
    Oh and apartment is in town just off Arran Quay.

Hi dazzacon

The student offer has finished.

The offer here is if you order via this link www.upc.ie/boardsoffer
    and you get a new UPC product installed you will get a €50 voucher.

Fill in the form and my team will call you and will confirm what products are available in your new apartment, and they can talk you through prices etc.

Regards

Jason
    dazzacon wrote: »
    Hi I just moved apartment yesterday, new place so nothing is done. I need to look into gettting tv and internet. Is this student deal still on offer. I am a law student at King's Inns. What exactly is the deal(s) on offer? Ideally i would want to order in the next few days!
    Cheers
    Oh and apartment is in town just off Arran Quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Hi Jason,

Just a thank you as I got my Woodies voucher last week:D, it's much appreciated.

By the way, I also got my first phone bill and am unsure about the off-peak/weekend rates etc - could you tell me where I'd find those out please?

Thanks again.

Hi Fittle

You are welcome.

Enjoy spending it!!!!

Happy Christmas. :)

http://www.upc.ie/phone/tariffs/

Regards

Jason
    Fittle wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Just a thank you as I got my Woodies voucher last week:D, it's much appreciated.

By the way, I also got my first phone bill and am unsure about the off-peak/weekend rates etc - could you tell me where I'd find those out please?

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Hi Jason,

B/B has just become available to me. I currently have UPC Digital - am I eligibale for the 50 Euro voucher and free connection if I go through http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Regards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement