Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a car from Japcars.ie(Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kateisabella

ok seriously, op firstly i get where you were coming from but i cannot believe you ignored all these lovely people warning you, you come on and ask for a garages reputation and then decline everybodys thoughts or experiences,you abviously asked becos you were suss in the first place.

now i know towards the end it got a little bit all over the place,i reckon these good folks were trying to do you a favour

and secondly,you traded your lovely HONDA hrv for a toyota vitz,its a grannys car dude,jeeesh!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

ok seriously, op firstly i get where you were coming from but i cannot believe you ignored all these lovely people warning you, you come on and ask for a garages reputation and then decline everybodys thoughts or experiences,you abviously asked becos you were suss in the first place.

now i know towards the end it got a little bit all over the place,i reckon these good folks were trying to do you a favour

and secondly,you traded your lovely HONDA hrv for a toyota vitz,its a grannys car dude,jeeesh!!!!

Hi... you see, this is where it all goes wrong - I asked people for opinion, I received huge amount of answers and comments for which I'm VERY!!! thankful, for every single one, definitely negative ones included! I made my decision based on opinions given, state of the new car, money I've paid, the car I've traded in and of course risk undertaken. It was my decision and I'm the one who'd get in troubles. If I'm satisfied with it, that's what counts. It's really not good feeling to get criticised, but the way I try to accept and respect other people's opinion, I expect to be done with mine. I had the feeling that some guys here went too deep, but that could be just their way to try to help me... Again, thank all of you for your help!

As for the Honda... Yes, it was wonderful car(it even had a name Patzo :):):) ) , not because it was Honda, but because I made it the way it is, my car.
    It will be the same with my new car and of course he has a name - TOYAGA which in my language means fat stick :):):)

Hopefully this tread would help other people to make their mind and do or not do certain steps...

That's why "...now ye're talkin'..."

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

seriously, what did they threaten to do to you after they saw this thread?

there's no way anyone would ignore the advice here and come back singing their praises like this

was it legal or violence?

In fairness the OP seems quite capable of looking after himself, he is clearly happy with his purchase and at no stage during the thread was he keen on giving the car back. The garage are hardly the mafia.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

unless the garage is the op! Dom dom dom dom(the dom's represent dramatic drum music)

• Advertisement

racso1975 wrote: »
    unless the garage is the op! Dom dom dom dom(the dom's represent dramatic drum music)

Not at all :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Glad your happy OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

surprise ressurections were 3 weeks ago....

colm_mcm wrote: »
    surprise ressurections were 3 weeks ago....

Sorry I totally didnt realise like! Do you think there should be some system where these old treads dont vanish from searches etc? Future car buyers may not get any information!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

here.from.day.1; it is a quite recent thread, but your post is too late for the OP given that he bought the car a while ago.
    Zulu wrote: »
    No.

That's not adding anything.

I posted a link to this thread yesterday , might explain the "ressurection"

Absurdum wrote: »
    I posted a link to this thread yesterday , might explain the "ressurection"

Thanks for that, its important I justify my post, didn't mean to upset anybody.

Just for future reference, if everybody could run their posts by colm_mcm and zulu before they post them we might save a lot of hassle. Thanks everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thanks for that, its important I justify my post, didn't mean to upset anybody.

Just for future reference, if everybody could run their posts by colm_mcm and zulu before they post them we might save a lot of hassle. Thanks everybody.

Ah, don't be so thin skinned. It's hardly a big issue.

Just for future reference, if everybody could run their posts by colm_mcm and zulu ...

ah get out of here*! I'm no mod, I was only yanking your chain. Who cares what I think inanyways?

<edit>*: disclaimer - I'm not asking you to leave this thread or any forum, or indeed any physical space. This is purely a "turn-of-phrase" meaning to describe shock or amazement, and not to be taken literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

peposhi wrote: »
    :D
    You car is clocked. You know it's clocked. Because of this, I'm pretty sure it's illegal for you to sell the car to anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

the_syco wrote: »
    You car is clocked. You know it's clocked. Because of this, I'm pretty sure it's illegal for you to sell the car to anyone else.

Good point actually - i know it's an old thread but still relevant.

If the OP is ever selling and asked about the mileage do they not have to mantion this?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yes in a private sale they will have to mention it if asked, in a trade in they will also have to mention it as part of the signed agreement I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Vilgax

Went up to have a look at this Mazda6. Car was open had a good look around found an Nct fail cert in the glove box stating milage 91,000. Take from that what you will!!!!

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mazda/Mazda6/1.6/201021198116410/advert?channel=CARS

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mazda/Mazda6/1.8/201020198036263/advert?channel=CARS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Vilgax wrote: »
    Went up to have a look at this Mazda6. Car was open had a good look around found an Nct fail cert in the glove box stating milage 91,000. Take from that what you will!!!!

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mazda/Mazda6/1.6/201021198116410/advert?channel=CARS

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Mazda/Mazda6/1.8/201020198036263/advert?channel=CARS

there 2 different cars though:confused:

or are they:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

bladebrew wrote: »
    there 2 different cars though:confused:

or are they:eek:

Different reg's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

hmmm i thought vilgax was suggesting one of the cars (or that they were the same car) was clocked or something, but the mileage at the nct fail is 91,000km which is what the second car is listed as having,:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Vilgax

bladebrew wrote: »
    hmmm i thought vilgax was suggesting one of the cars (or that they were the same car) was clocked or something, but the mileage at the nct fail is 91,000km which is what the second car is listed as having,:confused:
    Two different cars my mistake. Its a 04 car so it should be a milage reading on the nct....????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Vilgax wrote: »
    Two different cars my mistake. Its a 04 car so it should be a milage reading on the nct....????

It's japanese so it'll be in KM.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 I Dropped My Yop

I know this thread has been going a while so sorry for the necro!

My gf is looking to get a Yaris and we saw a decent one on carzone.ie out at Japcars.
    We went out today to have a look (before reading this thread, prob wouldn't have bothered if we had)

It's 2002 / 55k miles and the price was 3950.
    On the phone to him before going over he offered it for 3750, and we haggled him down to 3600 at the garage.

It looks like its in mint condition, and is spotless inside and out.
    We brought it out for a test drive and everything seemed fine. I think the clutch needed to be pressed for it to start, that normal?

It hasn't been registered yet, and hasn't gone through the NCT as its only a new import but they offer an NCT guarantee.

We agreed that they'd NCT it and have it registered before we buy it, with a new set of tires and that we could get an engineer to come out and check it before paying anything.
    I'd make sure this is all in writing before handing over a penny.

Anyway, we didn't pay anything to them, but filled out a form and said we'll be back in a day or two with the engineer and to pay the deposit as long as everything was ok.

The girlfriend was very eager to get the car and we prob would have gone for it but now after reading this thread our opinion has changed.

Should we just walk away now or does this look like a genuine deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I know this thread has been going a while so sorry for the necro!

My gf is looking to get a Yaris and we saw a decent one on carzone.ie out at Japcars.
    We went out today to have a look (before reading this thread, prob wouldn't have bothered if we had)

It's 2002 / 55k miles and the price was 3950.
    On the phone to him before going over he offered it for 3750, and we haggled him down to 3600 at the garage.

It looks like its in mint condition, and is spotless inside and out.
    We brought it out for a test drive and everything seemed fine. I think the clutch needed to be pressed for it to start, that normal?

It hasn't been registered yet, and hasn't gone through the NCT as its only a new import but they offer an NCT guarantee.

We agreed that they'd NCT it and have it registered before we buy it, with a new set of tires and that we could get an engineer to come out and check it before paying anything.
    I'd make sure this is all in writing before handing over a penny.

Anyway, we didn't pay anything to them, but filled out a form and said we'll be back in a day or two with the engineer and to pay the deposit as long as everything was ok.

The girlfriend was very eager to get the car and we prob would have gone for it but now after reading this thread our opinion has changed.

Should we just walk away now or does this look like a genuine deal?

It's quite possible the car is fine and if your mechanic / engineer is happy enough then what about it? I'm sure there's a lot of people bought cars from them without any problem. If something does go wrong though it doesn't sound like you'll have any come back, warranty or not. One thing I will say though is if you do take the car and it's a fresh Jap import be sure that the tyres are changed before you drive it on Irish roads. The tyres it landed on may look fine but are a completely different compound then what is suitable for Irish roads.

Lost a Celica years ago due to this after a dealer 'assured' me he had fitted fresh tyres.

I would walk away (not that I'd agree to buy anything from them).

There are plenty more out there from reputable dealers, including Toyota main dealers, who will give you a warranty, and more importantly, stand over it.

Unless you have the original auction sheet from Japan, I would disregard the claimed mileage on it now. I'm not suggesting that dealer would ever do such a dastardly thing as to clock a car, but they tend to lose a lot on the way over from Japan (maybe they are reversed around the world).

examples:
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/Yaris/TERRA/201017197788703/advert?channel=CARS&featuredListingClickThru=true

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/Yaris/TERRA/201018197916849/advert?channel=CARS

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/Yaris/1.0-LUNA/201019197932420/advert?channel=CARS

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/Yaris/1.0-5dr./201018197909820/advert?channel=CARS

none of them are pink either

Hi, there

It's Peposhi, the thread starter.

Few months have passed and I have no probs at all with it. Despite a lot of slagging here I went and I bought that car. It's all about a proper check by a good mechanic. Mine did a good job. Have to say that I'm satisfied with the purchase.

BUT

In fairness I must add that the car has been clocked. I've checked the books it came with, even though they were in Japanese :)
    Do not expect to get a not clocked car. They've clocked even the Honda I traded in. It was 77k on it and it was advertised as 61k. Now my car is In Waterford, I even saw it last Saturday :)
    If you decide to go ahead, DON'T give any money until they do everything they've promised - tyres, NCT, etc.

Don't believe any car seller, they are just making money :)

Good luck!!!

http://www.japcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201025198564251

I that the one?

Remember, no matter what they say, decision and secuencies are entirely yours :)

Good luck, whatever you decide!

• Advertisement

If you trust your mechanic, then I don't see any problem - they'll know if it's cack or not.

But unless you have a good mechanic - walk away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement