Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a car from Japcars.ie(Dublin)

Options
  • 17-02-2010 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭

Hi, everyone...
    I have a little issue here. I went today to Jap Cars Dublin and I've chosen one Toyota Vitz. Car was fine, suited me and my wife and we paid 500 euro deposit... I've signed a docket for the deposit but I've noticed that my name was under seller' section and under purchaser' section was Jap Cars Dublin and they've asked me for my PPSN?!? Is that some mistake or is the way it has to be... Car is NCT guaranteed, 3 months warranty on engine and gearbox... The other thing I've just realised is that the car has no reg number - does this mean that a VRT has not been paid and I'd have to take care of that?

If anyone could give me an idea, would be nice. I'm very confused now and I'm afraid I've made a mistake here...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

right this is my opinion on thgis practise in general i';m probably wrong in this caase but you need top explain to them that they have confused you on the situation

could be callec fraudif its this practise but its up to the customs man to find it
    #
    it is no biggy unless you need it to be

this is a trick that some (not nessiciarly this company) companies use

they haave aa car in a jap name
    the\y will imprt it under you vrt and vst account (every one has one its linked to your pps num,ber)

this is sothey don'y get screwed with the revenue knowing how much they are importing and so they can be laxadaisy with the tax implications

qz wrote: »
    <snip>

lol obviously not as waty of litigation as i am

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Tigger wrote: »
    lol obviously not as waty of litigation as i am

lol obviously not as sober as i am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

qz wrote: »
    <snip>

totally agree.

Been up there a few times, buckets of dirt for crazy money. I'd rather walk.
    Im sure their warranty is as good as the warranty on a Del Boy VHS player

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    right this is my opinion on thgis practise in general i';m probably wrong in this caase but you need top explain to them that they have confused you on the situation

could be callec fraudif its this practise but its up to the customs man to find it
    #
    it is no biggy unless you need it to be

this is a trick that some (not nessiciarly this company) companies use

they haave aa car in a jap name
    the\y will imprt it under you vrt and vst account (every one has one its linked to your pps num,ber)

this is sothey don'y get screwed with the revenue knowing how much they are importing and so they can be laxadaisy with the tax implications

english please:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

qz - you can't use terms like that here. Please keep it factual.
    Dylanmc111 wrote: »

Not everyone here is a native English speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Dylanmc111 wrote: »

company imports the car in buyers name (so revenue doesn't see how many vehicles the company brings in...if revenue doesnt see the company importing the car then revenue cant get 100% accurate "payments" in the companies revenue bills)

PCPhoto wrote: »
    company imports the car in buyers name (so revenue doesn't see how many vehicles the company brings in...if revenue doesnt see the company importing the car then revenue cant get 100% accurate "payments" in the companies revenue bills)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

If that's the problem I'd be ok...
    I'm worried that they'd ask me to pay VRT myself, something I'd avoid easily, had I been in contact with a Toyota dealer for example.

We'll they trick me and make me pay VRT myself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Been up there before meself. Seem like a bunch of gangsters tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Low Energy Eng

give the car a major once over...thats all i'll say...

give the car a major once over...thats all i'll say...

I didn't get that?

your hired

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

<snip>

I was looking for an S13 Silvia with a friend, found one for a couple hundred quid with these lads, so we rang them up and asked for other details etc, told us to ring back in a few minutes as the car was definetly there.

So we waited, then rang....about 10 times, no answer at all, rang again, texted a few times, only to have them answer and say the car was being looked at at the moment, then they hung up. Rang back a few minutes later and they literally said 'Car is sold,end of' and hung up!

And they offered me €100 for my Civic, which is apparently all they see it's fit for?

Pfft!

looks like I got into troubles...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I also find it hilarious that they're called Jap Cars, but sell German and Italian cars too :'D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

peposhi wrote: »
    looks like I got into troubles...:(

I would walk with your money. I just hear bad experiances from people about this place. I went up one day to find out myself.

Ask him about a trade in for a Mivec off a GSR.

Said two grand :rolleyes:, open my bonnet looked, then closed it.

That was it for me, if that was the inspection. I wonder what type of a car I was going to be buying..

Do you think I have a right to cancel the contract and take my deposit back if I have been misled and not correctly informed what I was buying? should I mention Garda, lawyers or TAX revenue office if they refuse to give me my money back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Hi, everyone...
    I have a little issue here. I went today to Jap Cars Dublin and I've chosen one Toyota Vitz.

One other thing, insurance companies tend not to like imported cars.
    So you may want to ring around for quotes on that particular model.

I've an imported Toyota Celica and sometimes I can't even get an insurance quote online because insurance companies refuse to insure imported cars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

if you do a search for them here and on various other motoring sites in Ireland, you'll quickly learn that you should take you money elsewhere...their reputation isn't exactly good

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Do you think I have a right to cancel the contract and take my deposit back if I have been misled and not correctly informed what I was buying? should I mention Garda, lawyers or TAX revenue office if they refuse to give me my money back?

I haven't read the thread in depth but how were you mislead?

Do not use emotive terms to describe any dealer. Facts only please.

draffodx wrote: »
    I haven't read the thread in depth but how were you mislead?

Please, excuse my English. I probably haven't said it the right way. The idea was - if they make me pay a VRT without informing me before signing the papers, I believe this is a misleading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Please, excuse my English. I probably haven't said it the right way. The idea was - if they make me pay a VRT without informing me before signing the papers, I believe this is a misleading.

Your English is better than many here :)

Unless they have stated that the price does not include VRT then there's no way that you would have to pay it on top of what you agreed to pay for the car. The Vitz is a Japanese imported Yaris so it won't have any number plates until it is registered here and VRT is paid, unlike say a UK car which may be sold on UK plates without VRT being paid.

In my opinion, you might get a better deal if you just buy an Irish Yaris from a main Toyota dealer as they are no more expensive than the Vitz you are looking at from the Jap Cars crowd, there's a lot to be said for the peace of mind that buying from a reputable dealer gives.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

They wont do that, they will have included the price of VRT in the price of the car, they have to register it for you and so have to pay the VRT.

I am pretty sure that a dealer must sell the car to you on Irish plates. I'lll try and find a source online for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

OP have you any link to this car so we can give our opinion on it. Some of these jap import dealers ask and get mad money for cars. All I can say from my days of selling jappos ( many many moons ago ) is that they are ALL clocked. Every single one.

• Advertisement

Saab Ed wrote: »
    OP have you any link to this car so we can give our opinion on it. Some of these jap import dealers ask and get mad money for cars. All I can say from my days of selling jappos ( many many moons ago ) is that they are ALL clocked. Every single one.

That's the one

http://carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=486203&r=s.php%3Fm%3D88%26amp%3Bo%3D1172%26amp%3Bg%3D0

I'm trading in my Honda HRV... too hard on petrol...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement