Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a car from Japcars.ie(Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

So mileage was lied about?

And they gave you a broken car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Absurdum wrote: »
    :eek:
    yes, it may sound funny, but it's like that... once I get that fixed it'll be fine

So mileage was lied about?

And they gave you a broken car?
    looks like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I'm finding it difficult not to post a facepalm here

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Are you crazy OP?

After all the posts here you collect the car and it needs a heap of work done?

Bring it back NOW (well first thing in the morning) and get your money back!

Again, after all the posts, you arrive and 'work has to be done' and the car is shaking like a hostage once you take it out!?!

I would love to have to pitch you - easiest sale ever!

• Advertisement

Yeah you went against everything that was said here, and ended up getting stung.

Bring it back and demand your money refunded entirely tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

I am genuinely baffled after reading this thread in full.

The OP came on looking for opinions on a dealer, 100% of the constructive responses were negative towards the dealer.

The OP has been lied to by the dealer, the whole dodgy VRT, PPS number request, incorrect mileage, car not even road worthy ....... and yet the buyer feels he got a good deal !!:eek:

There never has been a better time to be in the market for either a new or used car ... and with buyers like the OP there will always be a few easy quid to be made by less than honest dealers!!!!!

"hey ... that wasn't the wallet inspector"

You have a document that proves the car is clocked, it's also fecked, bring it back, demand your car back and a full refund. Take no sh1t off the pr1ck in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

also, contact the NCA if you have proof that the car is clocked or if you aren't happy with your treatment there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Op disappeared I smell a rat.

• Advertisement

bryaner wrote: »
    Op disappeared I smell a rat.

Don't think so in fairness!

Cant believe anyone would buy a car with double the mileage that was advertised, somethings suspect .

The "rat" is back

Just got my laptop broken...

Yes, I may be fool or whatever, but i like that car FFS. If they fix the shaft I'll be fine

did you never feel a moment when your believe is beyond any doubts

peposhi wrote: »

So let me get this right you gave a car dealer their asking price for a car
    even after it arises that it has 24'000 more kilometers on it than advertised?

Yes I doubt I can believe this moment.

So let me get this right you gave a car dealer their asking price for a car
    even after it arises that it has 24'000 more kilometers on it than advertised?
    Yes I doubt I can believe this moment.
    Why did you reply twice?

OP, how can you let this happen to your money, don't have such good faith in these people, they're screwing you over.

If they fix the shaft I'll be fine

Sounds to me like you were shafted and not too bothered about it!

/thread

Why did you reply twice?

OP, how can you let this happen to your money, don't have such good faith in these people, they're screwing you over.

Multi tasking lost the run of myself.

I'm going tomorrow to discuss the matter, fool I am. Then I'll post what happened and you can rip me apart...

• Advertisement

Tell them the low mileage was a big attraction and now you feel the mileage is not genuine, in addition do highlight the car is not right after their "mechanic" attempting to fix it.

If they fix the shafts you have still gotten a very bad deal unfortunately, no one is ripping you apart, its just folks hate to see someone getting done over :)

Fully agree with Roverjames just get your cash back if you can dude
    mention the law if you have to..

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

this is beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

Why bother making a topic asking about a garages reputation if your gonna discard all advice/opinions you get?

I've a feeling the OP is gonna get stung when he goes back down

Gitb1 wrote: »
    Why bother making a topic asking about a garages reputation if your gonna discard all advice/opinions you get?

I've a feeling the OP is gonna get stung when he goes back down
    Unfortunately he's already been stung, now it's time for the poison to set in!

Let us know how you get on lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

Midnight get on your xbox and play forza with me haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

This thread is full of lulz!

RoverJames wrote: »
    Tell them the low mileage was a big attraction and now you feel the mileage is not genuine, in addition do highlight the car is not right after their "mechanic" attempting to fix it.

If they fix the shafts you have still gotten a very bad deal unfortunately, no one is ripping you apart, its just folks hate to see someone getting done over :)

Well, I overreacted here a bit...
    All I can say - I'll see you tomorrow night
    Stubborn may be I am...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Just stand your ground.

If you want the car then insist that it is repaired. I would also be looking for something off the price for the mileage being wrong.

If it was me...I'd take my money back...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Totally Agree with previous poster, get your money back, that car is going to cause more trouble than good.

you asked for advice about this garage and you got it and now your experiencing the "customer support" that such a garage will give u.

They have your cash, they'll just brush you to one side now and feed u a load of sh*t.

Regarding the mileage issue, IF and thats a BIG IF I was keeping the car, I'd want cash back.

I went up looking at cars before in this garage, I could'nt believe the pieces of sh*t he was selling and his sales techniques are a different story all together.

My cousin bought a car off him when he was startin off to drive, he got a loan, paid 6k! for a civic, I remember when he got it, I was in shock at the state of the yoke! But he thought it was "cool looking"! it all bits of sh*t hangin from it, spoilers, kits etc he did'nt have the car for long and it was causing him nothing but grief, everything that could go wrong, was going wrong. He had to pay his 6k loan and had to pay the cost of some major parts being replaced, I think in all that car cost him upwards of 10k, he did'nt have a bit of luck with it and its somewhere layed up in a drive way now and he's still payin that loan

I'm not shocked that he gave u a car with incorrect mileage or the fact it wasn't even road worthy, I am shocked though that someone would buy it! Look at the used car market these days, u could pick up a lovely little car with GENUINE mileage, a genuine service history, in top condition! If u have cash, you'll find a gem.

End of the day, If I was in your shoes, go up, stand your ground, don't let him feed u rubbish and get ur money back or something back cause of the mileage issue and the rest of the hassle he's caused.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement