Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a car from Japcars.ie(Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Thank you all for your advises and comments. It's great to see people care for others in a way they can!
    What happened today. The guy I was dealing with wasn't there, but anyway I went straight to Darren/the mechanic there/. I've told him what's the story with the car, he checked if he has the parts, removed the car he was working on at the moment and began fixing mine straight away. It took about 2h. I did a test drive, not a sign of the problem - he's replaced the shafts and cv joints. Now car drives, sounds, looks great and is ready for NCT. Look I may not be mechanic myself, but I know thing or two about cars.
    I see on their web page that my old car is already up for sale and it will be gone soon as it's a great car to have. Only reason to replace it was I needed small, reliable 5 doors car that goes easy on petrol.
    I may not leave a positive comment about Jap Cars, but it won't be a negative one. I was more stressed and worried than I should. Yes, some/many/ people have had troubles with them, but come on... do you really expect to find a good old car every time you check a garage. I went to 12 garages before I called JCD and believe me - all Yaris's, Vitz's were crap for silly money and anywhere I've tried to trade-in my Honda HRV I was given SILLY money. One clown has told me 1950 Euro for my car when only alarm, sound system and sound deadening costed me 1500 Euro/ and I've done it myself, haven't paid to someone to do it/...
    Fair enough deal I got from them, fair enough service, lovely little car in very good state now/clocked or no, whatever/.
    So I'd say I'm neutral.
    Be careful what you're doing and what you're buying, it's only up to you where to spend your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

And it has no NCT!

Jesus you got shafted, excusing the pun.

Did they pay to fix everything, and I hope they're paying for the NCT too!

Did they clarify the mismatched mileage?

And just because you spent so much on doing stuff doesn't mean you'll get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

peposhi wrote: »
    Be careful what you're doing and what you're buying, it's only up to you where to spend your money.

Erm ......

Have you read through this thread ??

And it has no NCT!

Jesus you got shafted, excusing the pun.

Did they pay to fix everything, and I hope they're paying for the NCT too!

Did they clarify the mismatched mileage?

And just because you spent so much on doing stuff doesn't mean you'll get it back.
    This car has just been imported, I'm first owner here. Have no worries about NCT, at all.
    Haven't paid anything to fix it and wont' pay anything...

homer90 wrote: »
    Erm ......

Have you read through this thread ??

Exactly what I've done. Read, think, decided to risk, satisfied now.
    I've said, everyone makes a decision for himself, so I did. And I think was the right one.

If the car ot JCD service prove me wrong, I'd be the first to come and say out loud that!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Exactly what I've done. Read, think, decided to risk, satisfied now.
    I've said, everyone makes a decision for himself, so I did. And I think was the right one.

If the car ot JCD service prove me wrong, I'd be the first to come and say out loud that!!!

Fair enough I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Keep us updated on how it gets on at the NCT etc, this thread is keeping us in laughs here in the office.

Keep us updated on how it gets on at the NCT etc, this thread is keeping us in laughs here in the office.

In fairness if the chap has been caught by a dodgy dealer it's not really funny. The thread should ideally be used to inform him if he runs into further difficulty about how to best deal with it. I'm all for taking the p but when someone has maybe bought a lemon it isn't really amusing.

I can imagine all the lads in the office chuckling away at this while the expensive autos ye drive are depreciating like a carvery lunch at half two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

This car has just been imported, I'm first owner here. Have no worries about NCT, at all.
    Haven't paid anything to fix it and wont' pay anything...

Have they changed they tyres to a compound more suitable to this country?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Sorry to hear you bought from them op.

I had the misfortune of buying my first car from them. I got it at about €1000 off the market value at the time but with no gaurentee. I figured I was taking a risk, but the €1000 would couver that risk.

A coil pack, and gear box later I was down. I also found out someone blown the warning lights on the dash so you couldn't see a warning light notifiying you that the lamda sensor (?) and the fuel air yoke-a-me-bob were gone.

I put it down to a good (albeit expensive) lesson.

They are a shower of cowboys who I wouldn't go near with a barge pole. Anyone else thinking about them - forget it.

• Advertisement

May be your 100% warranted, perfectly looked after car will suffer an engine blow tomorrow in the middle of nowhere and then we'll talk about laugh :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Glad it worked out for you.....Was going to buy from them but found a cleaner motor not too far away instead....:D

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

RoverJames wrote: »
    In fairness if the chap has been caught by a dodgy dealer it's not really funny. The thread should ideally be used to inform him if he runs into further difficulty about how to best deal with it. I'm all for taking the p but when someone has maybe bought a lemon it isn't really amusing.

I can imagine all the lads in the office chuckling away at this while the expensive autos ye drive are depreciating like a carvery lunch at half two.

The laughs are coming not from him being caught by a dodgy dealer, but rather him coming on here asking about them, receiving about a dozen opinions all of which are 100% negative, then ignoring that body of opinion and buying a car which has no NCT, has the mileage incorrectly advertised, doesn't enquire about that, drives the car off and gets about ten feet down the road before the front of the car threatens to fall off.

As long as people remain willing to deal with dealers like that, they'll stay in business laughing their holes off at anyone daft enough to hand over cash to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

May be your 100% warranted, perfectly looked after car will suffer an engine blow tomorrow in the middle of nowhere and then we'll talk about laugh :):)

I doubt you'll be laughing if you expect them to honour their warrany.

TwoShedsJackson
    I bet you try this car you'd buy it... And not only for weekend shopping :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I bet you try this car you'd buy it

Not with a failed engine and dodgy mileage...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

doublefacepalm.jpg

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Not with a failed engine and dodgy mileage...
    failed engine ?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

Saab Ed wrote: »
    OP have you any link to this car so we can give our opinion on it. Some of these jap import dealers ask and get mad money for cars. All I can say from my days of selling jappos ( many many moons ago ) is that they are ALL clocked. Every single one.
    how do you know this?

bryaner wrote: »
    Op disappeared I smell a rat.
    Check yourself first :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

the bolt wrote: »
    how do you know this?

The fact that 99% of Japanese imports are sold on without the auction sheet! They always get lost on the boat :rolleyes:

Absurdum wrote: »
    The fact that 99% of Japanese imports are sold on without the auction sheet! They always get lost on the boat :rolleyes:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

TwoShedsJackson
    I bet you try this car you'd buy it... And not only for weekend shopping :):):)
    Check yourself first :)

So wait, you're now moving onto insulting other posters?

To be honest, it seems as if you're insulting your own intelligence here.

So wait, you're now moving onto insulting other posters?

To be honest, it seems as if you're insulting your own intelligence here.
    Hold on!

That was not an insult. It's supposed to be ironic - same as the one he's used

Intelligence is a matter of discussions in other treads, as far as I know. Why is so difficult for you to understand that this car is good, no matter how bad opinion people have about the seller...

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

Hold on!

That was not an insult. It's supposed to be ironic - same as the one he's used

Intelligence is a matter of discussions in other treads, as far as I know. Why is so difficult for you to understand that this car is good, no matter how bad opinion people have about the seller...

The car is not good though thats the thing, you said yourself their was immediate work needed on it and even after that it wasnt driving right and needed more work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

This thread is EPIC!

japcars are a joke. overpriced pieces of crap on their forecourts. went looking a few times when i wanted a mirage mivec, and the state of the cars there...

@ the OP...im in a state of disbelief!

Car has passed NCT yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Car has passed NCT yesterday.

No offence, but that's hardly a green light saying it's perfect. If I were you I'd maybe spend a couple of quid and have a mechanic look at it to be sure. No harm knowing if anythings up while you still may have time.

Did they change the tyres and autobox fluid?

EPM wrote: »
    No offence, but that's hardly a green light saying it's perfect. If I were you I'd maybe spend a couple of quid and have a mechanic look at it to be sure. No harm knowing if anythings up while you still may have time.

Did they change the tyres and autobox fluid?

yes, both

I got it entirely checked by mechanic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ah sure as long as your happy with it then your sorted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement