Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "WWE NXT" thread ***Contains SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Are Punk and Cole on commentary again this week? This will determine whether or not I watch the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Charisteas wrote: »
    Are Punk and Cole on commentary again this week? This will determine whether or not I watch the show.

Nope, it's back to Cole and Matthews

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

bonerm wrote: »
    Not a big wrestling fan here so sorry if this seems like a stupid question but is this news about Aloisia "real-real" or just part of some storyline? (ie yes I know the pix are real - I think she did them when she was 18 and broke - but is she really Persona non grata at WWE now or just part of some future storyline?). :confused: Seem like a stupid reason to fire someone considering they're going for a job that involves them prancing around in a bikini half the time.

WWE has gone PG for real. The reason they give would be valid were it not for the fact that other women they hired since going PG have also modelled for Playboy. So it is a bit hypocritical. It could be a cover for her being beyond awful in the ring. That would not stop them hiring extremely good looking girls that can't wrestle, but Aloisia is, ahem, not exactly going to have 1000 ships launched over her beauty anytime soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

So A.J. was eliminated from the competition this week which means either Kaitlyn or Naomi will be the next 'breakout diva'. Quite harsh on A.J. since she clearly knows more about the business than the other two and actually had the best match of the series with Naomi earlier in the evening.

I suspect all three will end up on TV eventually anyway just like in previous seasons. I voted Kaitlyn to win as even though she lacks in-ring skills she has good charisma. Oh yeah and she's gorgeous.

Cole and Matthews were good again on commentary. Both were texting and playing computer games when the first trivia competition was taking place. Highlight of the show though was Michael Cole going apesh*t, J.R. style, over this move:

'THE OCTOPUS! THE OCTOPUS! THE OCTOPUS! THE OCTOPUS! THE OCTOPUS! THE OCTOPUS! THE OCTOPUS! THE OCTOPUS! TAP OUT! TAP OUT! TAP OUT! GO TO SLEEP! DO WHATEVER YOU DO...AJ WINS!

I love Cole.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭super182

Josh Matthews should replace Jerry Lawler on raw. Him and Cole are brilliant together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Haven't seen much of this. AJ is nice, reasonable in the ring too by the looks of things. I'm sure they'll find room for her somewhere. Kaitlyn will win I'd imagine. Agreed on Cole and Matthews too, sounds like they're enjoying themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Sorry lads Kaitlyn looks like a man. :(

Aj and Naomi are so much more sexier though. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

AJ>Kaitlyn> Naomi if I were forced to choose! Surprisingly decent match between AJ and Naomi too I must say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

'THE OCTOPUS! THE OCTOPUS! THE OCTOPUS! THE OCTOPUS! THE OCTOPUS! THE OCTOPUS! THE OCTOPUS! THE OCTOPUS! TAP OUT! TAP OUT! TAP OUT! GO TO SLEEP! DO WHATEVER YOU DO...AJ WINS!

I love Cole.

She's no Masato Yossino.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,151 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source
    WWE officials have reportedly discussed having the next season of NXT, the fifth, to feature Rookies with their WWE Legend fathers. Some of the father and son teams WWE could have access to include Brett & Ted DiBiase, Richie & Ricky Steamboat, Bo & Mike Rotundo, among others.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

This week's NXT is quite enjoyable -- although it's probably only 25 minutes long if you cut out the rock's promo segment recap.

Capped off by an enjoyable match between DB and DB :)

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/17929

Part of the reason WWE is keeping NXT around is because they still have international TV clearances for the show. Season 5 will begin this Tuesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Anybody still watching this?probably my favourite WWE show at the moment,has the perfect mix of storylines/skits and good wrestling matches.Plus William Regal is immense on commentary,and he's the GM now too.

The regulars on the show are all of a decent standard (besides Titus O'Neill who is horrible!)but Johnny Curtis and Derrick Bateman are the two standouts for me,both of them have much more well defined characters then most of the mid-carders on Raw or SD!,and Maxine is more entertaining then just about every other diva on the roster.

A great little show all round,hopefully auld Vince remains uninterested in it for the foreseable future!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I stopped watching it as Titus and Young are terrible.

might give it another chance now Regal is even more involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Yeah I stopped watching ages ago and it's now fallen behind Ring Ka King in my list of priorities, although I can always try and make time for Willy Regal.

Is Regal face or heel? Not that it matters, he's a legend either way.

Face

Season 5 has been going for nearly a year :eek:

Last episode was the 1 year birthday of Season 5 according to Matt Striker!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭cena

Why has season 5 gone on for so long. I stopped watching after it stopped series linking on sky one night. I thought it was no longer on sky when it wasn't recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

cena wrote: »
    Why has season 5 gone on for so long. I stopped watching after it stopped series linking on sky one night. I thought it was no longer on sky when it wasn't recording.
    I reckon the contract is for NXT, rather than WWE programming. WWE probably dont want the bother of starting a new season with new guys so are just leaving the current one running for as long as they can.

• Advertisement

I watched this weeks show.

I have to say Curtis, Titus and Young are terrible. I really don't enjoy watching them at all.

Bateman is brilliant though.

sad to see Percy was toned down so much since his original NXT run. Himself and Riley could make a pretty good tag team if WWE ever bothered with tag teams.

Johnny Curtis is class,he plays the slimy prickish type heel to perfection imo!

I think Darren Young's improved a tonne since the Nexus debuted last year too,O'Neill is brutal though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

PLEASE, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME ON THIS ONE

I know some people on here may have never watched this era of NXT or watched and were mystified by the love some people (me) give it. But I don't know what happened this week but it seems the writers of Friends, Scrubs and Always Sunny in Philadelphia took over the show. It is the same fun wrestling show highlighted by a fab Tyson Kidd vs Michael McGillitcutty but now it is PACKED with funny one liners and wrestlers getting off with Divas. I'd go into specifics but I don't want to spoil it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I literally just got the last three weeks' NXT before entering this thread. When did the Kidd/McGillicutty start? That looks like the kind of feud that could elevate those guys above the lower-midcard if it were on a show anybody watches.

rovert wrote: »
    PLEASE, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME ON THIS ONE

I take it back, Curtis is great.

Bateman is one lucky SOB.

Still have no time for Young though

I literally just got the last three weeks' NXT before entering this thread. When did the Kidd/McGillicutty start? That looks like the kind of feud that could elevate those guys above the lower-midcard if it were on a show anybody watches.

Without checking the last two or three weeks.

Tyson is a PHENOMENAL baby face and a underrated promo these days. I was honestly fantasy booking what he in his current role could do with Austin Aries in TNA today. That match be deadly.

How come Tyson can't get on Smackdown? It makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

DM-ICE wrote: »
    How come Tyson can't get on Smackdown? It makes no sense.

If you compare the amount of talent WWE has on their roster to the number of stars it makes no sense at all. There is so much talent just floundering there.

Tyson showed a lot of potential back in ECW as a singles guy. Its odd that they went ahead and paired him up with Smith at that point. It held him back imo as Smith was not a natural performer. Kidd is showing again that he is a natural performer.

• Advertisement

Advertisement