Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

biketard wrote: »
    Is listen back working for other people today? It seems like they've changed something and now I'm getting a (non-functioning) pop-up audio window as soon as I go on there, with no chance to close it or choose which date I want. No doubt my work firewall is interfering with it, but I get the feeling something's changed.

Noticed that, couldn't listen to any podcasts either. I have adblock enabled. I disabled and it played. Also played a popup video ad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Really? I have AdBlocker enabled (Safari) and have no problem listening live or listening back on the new 98FM website. What browser are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well at least now when Foley is late they can start the show properly without the annoying rays late intro music !

What ? When Ray is late now they can start the show properly as suze can work the desk unless I heard it wrong.

Also the accent impressions were brilliant. Sooo funny.

Right so Adelle isn't on the show anymore after today the lads have just said.

• Advertisement

Hang on why was there no news at 9:30 I've only listened to two podcasts this week as I'm not in the country and the wifi I'm using is patchy at best( although okay atm) so haven't listened live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Hang on why was there no news at 9:30 I've only listened to two podcasts this week as I'm not in the country and the wifi I'm using is patchy at best( although okay atm) so haven't listened live.

Asked the same thing yesterday. Very strange.
    iseegirls wrote: »
    There was no 9.30 news today. Is that a recent change as well? JP gave his traffic update - but then went straight into a song and movie reviews.

Awh no! :-( Dammit, thats disappointing that Adelle isn't going to be on anymore...she really added a lot when she was on...but as of Monday I would expect to see some serious changes with Muireann on board...hopefully a format change too!

IUA14 wrote: »
    Awh no! :-( Dammit, thats disappointing that Adelle isn't going to be on anymore...she really added a lot when she was on...but as of Monday I would expect to see some serious changes with Muireann on board...hopefully a format change too!

I agree as in the 98fm show Adelle has been just brilliant and so funny and she gelled so well with the two lads as they have been friends for years and it shows.

Yeah she has been great, hopefully she stays on the podcast at least.

On another note I hope Foley was listening to The Big Ride Home this evening...from 6 to 6:45 it was unbelievable stuff...he may have stolen the lads "Is it just me or is the music better on 98FM" line but with Coco Jambo, Eiffel 65, The Offspring, Bewitched, Love Inc. and Basement Jaxx...Quilty's owning it too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Really? I have AdBlocker enabled (Safari) and have no problem listening live or listening back on the new 98FM website. What browser are you using?

Chrome .

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Travismccoy

Coco Jambo, Eiffel 65, The Offspring, Bewitched, Love Inc. and Basement Jaxx...Quilty's owning it too!

Was this all in a row?! Wow, keep it up 98 :D

Yeah, a quality 45 mins of radio from Quilty and 98!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

15 minutes in and looking forward to Muireann on the show already. As Ray said "now with 3 of us, we can do so much more than we could before."

Obrieski wrote: »
    15 minutes in and looking forward to Muireann on the show already. As Ray said "now with 3 of us, we can do so much more than we could before."

Is she there now ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is she there now ?

Yes. They're already talking over each other haha.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ray pretty much confirmed as well she's taken Adelle's position so she's in charge of the timekeeping and the movement of the show. She might not be involved as much as might think and so far the format is exactly the same so that's a disappointment. The podcast should be fun today.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Loughc wrote: »
    ...She might not be involved as much as might think and so far the format is exactly the same so that's a disappointment...

Yeah, listening from about 7:10 until this half hour, she's had little-to-no input. All she did was the 'talking-over-each-other' bit, and responded once or twice to something Ray said. But otherwise she hasn't contributed at all.

But in saying that, the 07:00 - 08:00 hour is packed with front pages, gossip boys, eh, yeah, ok, etc., so there wasn't really any place for her to contribute.

And I'm finding the front pages thing really annoying now - they spend ages doing the whole front pages thing, and then almost straight after, there is that 98 second news at 07:30, which is basically a repeat of what we've just heard. And because there's only 98 seconds, we actually get more info from Ray & JP's front pages. Seems kinda pointless. Either lose the news or lose the front pages segment.

P.S. I'm really gonna miss Adelle :( What'll she be doing now/where's she going in the station?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Loughc wrote: »
    Ray pretty much confirmed as well she's taken Adelle's position so she's in charge of the timekeeping and the movement of the show. She might not be involved as much as might think and so far the format is exactly the same so that's a disappointment. The podcast should be fun today.

Wouldn't the movement of the show be Suz's responsibility as producer? I thought Adelle was just their manager.

Didn't hear today, but I reckon Muireann could add a lot to it. :)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Wouldn't the movement of the show be Suz's responsibility as producer? I thought Adelle was just their manager.

Didn't hear today, but I reckon Muireann could add a lot to it. :)

I thought it would have been the producers job too but that's what Ray said live on air this morning...

So far she didn't add anything to the show other than the bits and pieces that Adelle would chime in with. But I'm sure over time she'll become more involved in it.

• Advertisement

Adelle is still involved with the show but not on air anymore, when they had spoken a while ago they had mentioned that Adelle was planning a few big events for the show so I think she is going to be around just not heard. Given she is Assistant Programme Director I am sure she has enough things going on to keep her busy, working with the other shows and not just Ray's.

Interesting that Foley said in the podcast today no more format changes...not sure whether to believe that though. I'm sure overtime Muireann will become more involved in things, its probably a little intimidating for her to join the two lads who have been on air together for over 10 years and know each other inside out.

Hope Adelle still pops up on the podcast, though he dodged that question from a podcaster today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Yesterday's podcast was very good, enjoyed all the radio talk. They can't go a week without taking a swipe at Ray Darcy haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Woo he's playing the frames. Miss those tunes from today fm days

Just listening to the podcast only bit from today and I get the impression that ray went on a beauty of a rant at the start of the show. I can understand him to a point even though I've never worked in radio and I didn't notice that hising sound at the start but now I really hear it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

While the rants are amusing (the moving of the mic arm this morning was hilarious), I'm getting increasingly worried that he's going to take it too far some day. :\

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    While the rants are amusing (the moving of the mic arm this morning was hilarious), I'm getting increasingly worried that he's going to take it too far some day. :\

Yeah one of fhese days he won't say "I'm only messing." and name names and go too far. I like that he's trying to make things right and have the best quality show though. Is it me or is deeno not on as much now ? Worried about that.

The hiss on the podcast is really annoying this week, is it just me or as it gotten worse?

Enjoyed this mornings show...the Darcy slagging after 9 was gas..."Ray Darcy is a miserable old git who would be crap doing the telly".

Ray hosting The Seven O'Clock Show on TV3 tonight again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I can never really notice the hiss, maybe it's more apparent when listening with earphones.

It's great Ray has a bit of TV work again; he's good at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Loving the podcast only bits. Ray's Cancun holiday story was great (and horrifying).

• Advertisement

"The man is a ghooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooost!"

Advertisement