Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Flashbacks there lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,691 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The one that Jamesreeves posted was a bed now listening to it, but the one I posted was on the show or maybe the podcast but I'm leaning towards the actual show.

Mrmac84 I think it shows we might listen to ray a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Ray who ? He went off the radar since he moved to 98fm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Ray Foley. His name is on the thread. And a mug I have

Synode wrote: »
    Ray Foley. His name is on the thread. And a mug I have

I'm really jealous you have a mug.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Tis a great mug

Tis a great mug

Yes I've no doubt it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 corcaigh_abu

Tis a great mug

Ya, it's particularly wide and relatively short, just like the lads

Tis a great mug

Also EI209, I've all the podcasts from August 2010 downloaded if you're interested. I listen back when I'm out of new material to listen to. They really had a fantastic show back then and honestly I think Ann had a lot to do with that.

Finally, anyone else get annoyed at the blatant plugging of the show on Ray's Twitter. I know social media is the new advertising medium but if you're not able to get people on to play Eh Yeah Ok direct from the listeners every morning then I think it's time for the chop. Same with Free Money Minute.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Foley is 6'2". What height are you big man?

• Advertisement

Foley is wide and JP is short. Thought that was obvious enough......

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Foley is wide and JP is short. Thought that was obvious enough......

Not really but the joke is much better now that you've explained it. :p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Also EI209, I've all the podcasts from August 2010 downloaded if you're interested. I listen back when I'm out of new material to listen to. They really had a fantastic show back then and honestly I think Ann had a lot to do with that.

Finally, anyone else get annoyed at the blatant plugging of the show on Ray's Twitter. I know social media is the new advertising medium but if you're not able to get people on to play Eh Yeah Ok direct from the listeners every morning then I think it's time for the chop. Same with Free Money Minute.

I don't use Twitter that much, but isn't the Twitter account the show's Twitter, not Ray's? Like, isn't it @rayfoleyshow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Absolutely disgusted, appaled and discombobulated by the uncouth language Ray used this morning after the half 6 news. I for one will be sending a letter of complaint post haste!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Will you be reporting him and his stupid show to the...eh... watchdog for discrimination in media broadcast society?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Absolutely disgusted, appaled and discombobulated by the uncouth language Ray used this morning after the half 6 news. I for one will be sending a letter of complaint post haste!

I miss the first hour of the show as I'm still snoozing... what did he say that was so bad?

Loughc wrote: »
    I miss the first hour of the show as I'm still snoozing... what did he say that was so bad?

He said ****ing and didn't catch himself. To be fair he was very appologetic and he rarely swears on air so it'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Well it is "The Ray Foley Show' Twitter, not Ray Foley's twitter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    He said ****ing and didn't catch himself. To be fair he was very appologetic and he rarely swears on air so it'll be grand.
    10:20 into the podcast for anyone who wants to here it!

10:20 into the podcast for anyone who wants to here it!

Yeah. Was that deeno laughing uncontrollably or JP or ray ? Very strange laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah. Was that deeno laughing uncontrollably or JP or ray ? Very strange laugh.

Pretty sure it was deeno.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Listening to yesterdays podcast today. Hilarious when Foley drops the f-bomb! He clearly wasn't thinking at all! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Aaw, Shauna is on with Ray. Makes me wish she was still on the NTN Podcast :(

Yeah she's good craic alright!

Brendão wrote: »
    Aaw, Shauna is on with Ray. Makes me wish she was still on the NTN Podcast :(

Really what was she on about ?

Donuts haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Looks like Ray Foley Show is the most listened to show in Dublin (outside of Radio 1) between around 6.15-6.45am in the latest JNLRs. :D

iseegirls wrote: »
    Looks like Ray Foley Show is the most listened to show in Dublin (outside of Radio 1) between around 6.15-6.45am in the latest JNLRs. :D

Not to dampen that statistic, but they're only live for 15 minutes of that. :pac:

"98FM continues to grow their market share in Dublin with a 1.2% increase in All Adults and 2.6% for 20-44 and we see increases in listenership for 98FM’s Breakfast with Ray Foley and Adrian Kennedy, both up by 2,000 and 1,000 listeners respectively."

• Advertisement

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Not to dampen that statistic, but they're only live for 15 minutes of that. :pac:

Yes but the live fifteen minutes are the best of the show.

Advertisement