Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

EI209 wrote: »
    Hi all,

First post on Boards here.

Was wondering if antine had old Ray Foley Show podcasts from back in the day on Today FM. Particularly ones with Gauntlets and the last ever Today FM show.

If anybody dies and would be willing to send me them I'd be happy to PM young Email address for you to send them to me.

Having done a quick search somebody on this thread said they'd some before and would put them in Dropbox. Don't know if they did or not but I couldn't see that they'd put a link to them and did a search on Dropbox and couldn't find them.

Really appreciate any help and still miss the old show!

Thanks again.

I believe that was me that said that. I think I have a number of old podcasts on a hard drive somewhere, I know I definitely have the very last Today FM show, so I'll have a look over the week and try and get them uploaded somewhere for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 EI209

IUA14 wrote: »
    All podcasts as far back as 2011 are up on the 98FM website under The Ray Foley Show podcasts tab...just go to the very last page of them and enjoy!

Might just be me but the earliest Podcast I can find there is from the 14th February 2014.

It was podcasts from the old lunchtime show I was looking for.

Thanks anyway though.

Edit: Just seen your post wnolan. Thank you, would really appreciate that!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Might just be me but the earliest Podcast I can find there is from the 14th February 2014.

It was podcasts from the old lunchtime show I was looking for.

Thanks anyway though.

Edit: Just seen your post wnolan. Thank you, would really appreciate that!

That's strange cause I am listening to one from September 19th 2011 right now on the 98FM site. If you go to 98FM.com and click the podcasts tab at the top of the page...then filter by show in the drop down menu and select "The Ray Foley Show"...it will bring up all the latest podcasts on the first page but click to page 65 and you'll be back to August 2011 with the podcasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

If anybody dies and would be willing to send me them

I would but I'm not planning on dying :pac:

Lads off for the week...balls!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lads off for the week...balls!

Some life they have! Always off on holliers! It's not the same without them in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Yep, Dermot and Dave as well :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Synode wrote: »
    Yep, Dermot and Dave as well :mad:

They always seem to be off at the same time. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Ah balls, not sure who I'll "move the dial" to for the week... Who do you guys usually turn to?

Is it Damien McCaul that's in for them?

Old podcasts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Ah balls, not sure who I'll "move the dial" to for the week... Who do you guys usually turn to?

Have been listening to txfm a lot more now even when the lads are on tbh. I find it hard to listen to the music they play compared to today fm, plus there's less banter with them with all the competitions and different slots they are oblidged to fill. Listen between 8.20 and 9 so I suppose it's not the full show

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No it's Andy Clarke in for them this week, it's usually Damien McCaul but I think he's filling in for someone else this week.

They really should replace Ray & JP with some sort of Duo act, the morning show lacks alot of go about it when it's just one man and his microphone.

That's strange cause I am listening to one from September 19th 2011 right now on the 98FM site. If you go to 98FM.com and click the podcasts tab at the top of the page...then filter by show in the drop down menu and select "The Ray Foley Show"...it will bring up all the latest podcasts on the first page but click to page 65 and you'll be back to August 2011 with the podcasts.

Ah thanks I have it now, I was looking on the podcasts tab on the actual Ray Foley Show page.

Listening back to some great Gauntlets - The leaf blower and Paddys day anthems are my favourite. had forgotten about Ireland Oh yeah by Ann Gleeson too. Brilliant!

They don't have the last Today Fm show up there for some reason though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Have they stopped giving out €200 for every right answer on the free money minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,691 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Have they stopped giving out €200 for every right answer on the free money minute?

I think they have yeah. I'm guessing they have continued what they did on that friday where they kept going until they got all ten.

Also I really don't like what they have done with the dj jayo music at the start. Not liking it at all!

Yeah you get all 10 right or you get nothing.

I'm the same with the DJ Jayo music, really don't like the new intro for it at all and its much better as a twice weekly feature not a daily thing. If they were looking to add different features on other days I would love to see Newsbusters, Feedback or The Gauntlet return...or even Foley's Friday Face-off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

The Gauntlet was brilliant

The lads won both awards that the show and 98FM were nominated for at the media awards tonight for The Naked Breakfast, fairplay and well deserved! Foley tweeted a picture and JP looks absolutely hammered!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

98FM really need to get their **** together with Listen Back...latest is parts of some shows will go up and hours will be missing, this morning 6-7 of Foley non-existent. The app is worse, last October is the latest ep there.

• Advertisement

I use an app called Podcast Addict and all the latest apps are up there. Maybe you could try using it? Also, the soundcloud links are usually posted on Ray's twitter so you could get them there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Does dara quilty still give out the answers to Rays quiz in the morning? What time does he do it or is it just randomly?

He does yeah and I think its around 4:40 or so! Usually in the first hour of his show!

Is there any chance someone could get the last Today FM show uploaded somewhere tonight or tomorrow morning?It's the only one not on the 98FM website. I'm flying out to see a friend in America and want something good to listen to!

Don't want anyone to go out of there way to do it but if anyone can I'd really appreciate it!ðŸ˜႒

Thanks

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Sorry about the delay.

Only noticed now that the lads put up a podcast-ey video on the rayfoleyshow YouTube channel back in January. I guess the were thinking of doing a weekly one but they told nobody so nobody saw it?

https://youtu.be/uiAXzD00dZw

Only getting around to listening to yesterday's podcast. "You can't say that ray." 😄

http://youtu.be/_WdTyjwkXK0
    was this song used as a bed when the boyos were on a previous parish ? The first thirty seconds looped ? Without the vocals obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    http://youtu.be/_WdTyjwkXK0
    was this song used as a bed when the boyos were on a previous parish ? The first thirty seconds looped ? Without the vocals obviously.

could be this one

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote:

Yeah I think so. It definitely sounds like one of the beds they used. Also pretty sure Chris Moyles used to use this back in the day too

Advertisement