Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast with Ray (Foley) and Jay [Cork's Red FM, 6am-9am]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    He started on November 19th according to their facebook

I thought they finished on Today FM on the 2nd and then had two weeks off? IIRC some of us were up waiting at 6 on the 19th and it turned out he wasn't on until the next week.

EDIT: Nope, you were right. Must be going insane here. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 39,682 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I thought they finished on Today FM on the 2nd and then had two weeks off? IIRC some of us were up waiting at 6 on the 19th and it turned out he wasn't on until the next week.

EDIT: Nope, you were right. Must be going insane here. :P

I was trying to find the date but couldn't earlier. KC is having a party for his first year broadcasting from 12-2:30. I wonder will ray, JP, Phil and Deeno do the same ?

I've 97 podcasts of the 98fm show on the downcast app. I downloaded two today from during the good weather. I should remember more of the bits they but I don't.

Phil: sexy...well you can't say it. A female dog.
    Deeno: sexy bitch ?

Were they talking about horse racing today ? A horse with handcuffs ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Hey.... how ya doin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Seren_ wrote: »
    Hey.... how ya doin?

is that you... Broadcaster Philip Egan?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Just a thought, but when Adrian and Jeremy come on-board it might be an idea to switch them to mornings and Ray & JP to mid-morning. Adrian and Jeremy have the strong Dublin following that the lads lack, and that could prompt people to switch at the busy periods. Meanwhile the lads have shown they can do well maintaining an audience with a strong lead-in. It's not quality they lack, just a strong Dublin base to work off. Adrian and Jeremy could give them that and stop the rot, leaving all parties better off in the long run.

There's another idea for free 98, eventually you're gonna have to start paying me for them though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

leggo wrote: »
    Just a thought, but when Adrian and Jeremy come on-board it might be an idea to switch them to mornings and Ray & JP to mid-morning. Adrian and Jeremy have the strong Dublin following that the lads lack, and that could prompt people to switch at the busy periods. Meanwhile the lads have shown they can do well maintaining an audience with a strong lead-in. It's not quality they lack, just a strong Dublin base to work off. Adrian and Jeremy could give them that and stop the rot, leaving all parties better off in the long run.

There's another idea for free 98, eventually you're gonna have to start paying me for them though. :p

Would putting them against D'Arcy really be a good idea? Somehow, he manages to maintain a very strong audience base.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Adrian and Jeremy face the same battle, and all 98FM are competing for is Dublin (where local radio still holds its own strongly against the nationals). A large portion of Darcy's audience will already know Foley, so that battle could get interesting fast. Besides, I don't imagine that a large number of the audience 98 are hoping Adrian and Jeremy bring in will crossover with Darcy's (the people I know who listen to one certainly don't listen to the other), it's two different strands of the same basic demo, so the risk of people switching off en masse would be relatively low.

• Advertisement

Nicely done by Deeno and Phil on swapping the sport and weather. Standing at a bus stop laughing like a crazy person with some strange looks.

Deeno: there's lots of semi in this.

Hehehe.

holidays are coming. Holidays are coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Why do they take their holidays together? Can they not alternated to make sure one of them is there to keep the show going? It the small things that count to building that audience. JIM and Nobby do it very well on FM104 which is leaving them for dust in the ratings.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ah for **** sake!

Listening to Monday's podcast now... was it REALLY necessary to read out the headlines about Love/Hate? Now I know
    Nidge doesn't die
    which, OK, was fairly obvious because why would they, but Jesus come on like. If this was two months time and it slipped out then fair enough, but I didn't want to know anything about the bloody thing.

Ah for **** sake!

Listening to Monday's podcast now... was it REALLY necessary to read out the headlines about Love/Hate? Now I know
    Nidge doesn't die
    which, OK, was fairly obvious because why would they, but Jesus come on like. If this was two months time and it slipped out then fair enough, but I didn't want to know anything about the bloody thing.

Eh, it was the podcast. If it was on air it would be an issue, but not the podcast.

I'm sure they were not the only people talking about it.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Eh, it was the podcast. If it was on air it would be an issue, but not the podcast.

I'm sure they were not the only people talking about it.

It was the on air part of the podcast.

It was the on air part of the podcast.

Just thinking, I would only have a problem if it aired in the States or something and not here, but 99% of people who were going to watch it, would have watched it live. How long do they have to wait before they can talk about a popular show?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Just thinking, I would only have a problem if it aired in the States or something and not here, but 99% of people who were going to watch it, would have watched it live. How long do they have to wait before they can talk about a popular show?

I wouldn't mind them talking about it the day after if they'd just said "Possible Love/Hate spoiler, if you want to know nothing don't listen." or something. I don't have a problem with people discussing spoilers soon after as long as they give some bit of warning so that you can avoid it if you want.

Like, Ray himself said he was only on series 1 and that he had had it ruined for him, so he should know like. They said
    that the guy who killed the cat dies. Now the cat is killed in the first episode of the series (I know that from the sh*tstorm that ensued) so once I sit down to watch the series I'll know pretty much instantly what the big finale will entail

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ray's "DING DONG DEENO" always has me in stitches.

I love rays enthusiasm for the quiz and the ding dong deeno part especially. Very funny. And Donal the guy from ah yeah okay who kept getting so close is on LIVE tomorrow. Should be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Will 'The Gauntlet' ever come back I wonder. I really think Phil and Deeno would be good value for it too. Main problem being that Deeno is nowhere near the lads studio I'd assume.

Have it on once a fortnight, but announce the theme a week in advance so Phil & Deeno have plenty of time to prepare. I'd love it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Yer man Donal was a good laugh. Seems like he may be a new Nordie, with the lads passing the crap they don't want to do over to him :-)

Hey........how are you doing.

:D:D man Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Will 'The Gauntlet' ever come back I wonder. I really think Phil and Deeno would be good value for it too. Main problem being that Deeno is nowhere near the lads studio I'd assume.

Have it on once a fortnight, but announce the theme a week in advance so Phil & Deeno have plenty of time to prepare. I'd love it! :)

I was thinking the same thing recently, the Gauntlet was one of the best and funniest things about Foley's old show.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

So...is that the end of the Donal guy?

Nice singing by Deeno this morning kind of.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭elmoslats

Jason Todd wrote: »

they did it for awhile on 98... they used to do it with barry. i don't know why they stopped, they should bring it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

A wee bit of a breakdown this morning! Don't think they got to Eh Yeah Okay or the news. Ara sure, we all have days like that at work now and again.

Seren_ wrote: »
    A wee bit of a breakdown this morning! Don't think they got to Eh Yeah Okay or the news. Ara sure, we all have days like that at work now and again.

Breakdown ? Have the early mornings finally broken ray ? I haven't listened to the podcast yet btw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Is it just me, or is there CONSTANTLY technical issues at 98. Dermot and Dave suffer a bit too, but not to the extent Foley does.

Advertisement