Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I cannot decide if it's my job or my life that's driving me round the bend..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

cloud493 wrote: »
    Well they accepted me, I'm on the course. They must be mental or something.

Congratulations Cloud . Well done:)

I cannot decide if it's my job or my life that's driving me round the bend..

Perhaps it is time to take a break!

A holiday well away from work may give you time to reflect on your job and alternatives. Whatever you do , don't let your job break you. There are more important things than work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

There's nothing like stargazing on a night light tonight and realising how vast the universe is and how insignificant your problems are in the grand scheme of things. Even the biggest problems seem trivial.

Has cheered me right up for the time being :)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭murria

There's nothing like stargazing on a night light tonight and realising how vast the universe is and how insignificant your problems are in the grand scheme of things. Even the biggest problems seem trivial.

Has cheered me right up for the time being :)

Too right! Its good to slow right down and just experience all the amazing stuff thats going on around us all the time. Hope your exam went well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

murria wrote: »
    Too right! Its good to slow right down and just experience all the amazing stuff thats going on around us all the time. Hope your exam went well.

It went well enough. Fairly sure I passed overall anyway which is all that matters :L Thanks :)

'Living in the Now!':)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Rant on; having a very useless, lonely confused head type day. Don't know how or why i got up, don't want to exist really at the moment.. Nothing in particular at me, just brain ache i guess. /rant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I came on here months ago extremely depressed, spent 3 months in and out of the hospital psychiatric unit. Was very close to suicide as with treatment resistant depression, nothing was working after several failed medications. I am happy to report that the cocktail of meds I'm currently taking have saved my life. I've been well for 4 weeks and have successfully come off valium in the last couple of weeks.

I'm on cymbalta 120mg and mirtazapine 15mg also known as California rocket fuel. I did well for the first week but anxiety creeped back. This is when the psych added in seroquel 75mg twice a day. From then on I've been consistently better. So thankfully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

lukesmom wrote: »
    I came on here months ago extremely depressed, spent 3 months in and out of the hospital psychiatric unit. Was very close to suicide as with treatment resistant depression, nothing was working after several failed medications. I am happy to report that the cocktail of meds I'm currently taking have saved my life. I've been well for 4 weeks and have successfully come off valium in the last couple of weeks.

I'm on cymbalta 120mg and mirtazapine 15mg also known as California rocket fuel. I did well for the first week but anxiety creeped back. This is when the psych added in seroquel 75mg twice a day. From then on I've been consistently better. So thankfully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Very glad you found a combination that works for you. Seroquel is very helpful for me too i find.. Hope this is your path away from it all. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Very glad you found a combination that works for you. Seroquel is very helpful for me too i find.. Hope this is your path away from it all. :)

Thanks a lot.

It's good to have some nice news at times. I'm very much a whinger/complainer on this thread, mainly because i feel i give out enough to the few people that are still my friends.

It's good to have some nice news at times. I'm very much a whinger/complainer on this thread, mainly because i feel i give out enough to the few people that are still my friends.

Completely agree with you Gremlinertia. It's inspiring to know that its possible to come through the darkness. Continue to whinge and moan so we know you are still with us, I start to worry when people go quiet around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

I'm in a hell of my own doing. I must be the most awful person because suffering like this is only for bad people. I want the pain to end. Can't stop crying im weak. Only bought up to be shoved back down again

Don't be afraid to say what is going on in your head. That is why we have this wonderful forum. Better to let it out than keep it in and make yourself sick.
    We are all soldiers fighting the same enemy, Depression.
    We are here for each other.:)

handbagmad wrote: »
    I'm in a hell of my own doing. I must be the most awful person because suffering like this is only for bad people. I want the pain to end. Can't stop crying im weak. Only bought up to be shoved back down again

It is good to cry, releasing tears is part of the healing process.
    You are being very hard on yourself. You need to be gentle and kind to yourself. I guess you need to start putting yourself first. The pain will end with time.
    Take one day at a time.
    Your fellow soldiers on this forum are always here for you!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Just checking in here. (So folks don't worry!!)

All good here. Still med free. Finishing up with therapist soon so that will be the real test as to how I'm doing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Good to hear hershey :)
    I'm due at pieta house today, think I'l cancel.

Friday 13th!
    Hi All,

Just a reminder!

Coffee and Chat @8.30pm Friday 13th September,

Venue Main Bar , Red Cow , Naas Road, Dublin.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭tosspot15

Had a great weekend. Friday until Sunday I was great. Monday all fine, Tuesday, fine, today I was great. Got home from work this evening, talked to a friend for a short while on skype.

Felt normal. Then...in the past 2 hours, wham. Feel horrible. I have that horrible sinking feeling in my stomach, feel miserable.

I hate this shít, they way it comes in waves. I think I'll go to bed and hope I wake up feeling better.
    Friday 13th!
    Hi All,

Just a reminder!

Coffee and Chat @8.30pm Friday 13th September,

Venue Main Bar , Red Cow , Naas Road, Dublin.

Sounds lovely, but I dont think I'd be comfortable going to something like that. I'm always far too silent and uncomfortable when meeting new people.

• Advertisement

I'm tempted and not tempted to go. Think I'd be the youngest there.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

Just checking back in after another big episode... Feeling a bit better now

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm tempted and not tempted to go. Think I'd be the youngest there.

Ah go on go! It's good to mix with people of different ages, you might be able to teach some of the old dogs new tricks.
    tosspot15 wrote: »
    Sounds lovely, but I dont think I'd be comfortable going to something like that. I'm always far too silent and uncomfortable when meeting new people.

I doubt anyone would mind you being silent, everyone who goes will have an understanding of social anxiety and depression. That's the point of this meetup nobody will be the odd-one-out. Think about it before you make up your mind.

It has just been pointed out to me that i don't communicate anymore, i do the usual weather and local news banter and shut down.. I find it more worrying that i didn't notice.. It's funny how ignorant you can be of yourself sometimes.

Tired, ended up helping out in a pub last night so had to talk a load of weather/possible gossip/yada yada, it was difficult to start but i got through.

It's just frightening how stressed i get about it, i get headaches and can't be good for my heart either..

Ah go on go! It's good to mix with people of different ages, you might be able to teach some of the old dogs new tricks.

I doubt anyone would mind you being silent, everyone who goes will have an understanding of social anxiety and depression. That's the point of this meetup nobody will be the odd-one-out. Think about it before you make up your mind.

Thanks Murria,

There is an old saying, 'ye won't know unless ye go!'

I am looking forward to meeting every one of my comrades who help me fight Depression , week in , week out .:)

Depression does not discriminate in terms of age, sex, personality, background etc.

The one thing we most certainly have in common is Depression

Quiet enough on here lately, hoping that's a good sign.. :)

I have my second pieta house tomorrow. Last week was ok, I got a fellow Brit :)

Good stuff. Sounds like a good start which is a big part of it..

I haven't been doing anything of late except taking my tablets, therapy wasn't working too well.. Once this busy patch is over will have to try a new approach..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

just had a **** experience with a psychitrist in the mental health unit.first doctor took my details and did the questionaire bollocks.very dismissive of my symptoms which are severe anxiety and a depression resulting from this.ive felt like im struggling to breath and have constant awareness of this,cannot relax for months now.ive got sleeping problems including sleep paralysis which ive had had for years and wake up exhausted each day,apparently this is normal and everyone has this!?wtf..he instead chose to focus on my social phobia which isnt my main problem.im taking 250mg of lyrica because of the side effects from lexapro and other ssris and having no joy from this med."why are you here?" and "what do you expect us to do?" were just examples of the horrible comments from this prick.he said go back to your GP and double your dose,read self help books(already done that countless times!)go for therapy(been there,done that).by the time the consultant came in this other clown had made his mind up for him.
    i feel like im now trapped in this alone,im off work because i feel like im having a breakdown in there.does lyrica help for my problem or anyone have expierence with it?dont know whether to double the lyrica or go back on a higher dose of effexor or lexapro which wasnt helping at all.mental health services are a ****ing joke,id pinned my hopes on this appointment and feel absolutely crushed right now.ive been referred to galway services as it was my hometown unit i was at but work and live in galway.hope they are more clued up! btw these guys were indian and clueless imo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement