Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭stoppress

asark wrote: »
    Just a suggestion – here is a simple but very effective exercise one can do every morning (5 – 10 minutes). It works on many levels – give it a try.
    http://www.ehow.com/video_8246714_morning-meridian-revitalizing-warm_up-exercises.html
    and another version of it
    http://video.answers.com/how-to-perform-the-swing-in-qi-gong-68733642

Hi their asark, nice to see you around. I well definitely check out the links [for once not youtube] as soon as the net connection recovers from exhaustion. :D

aaahh yes just did a yahoo on occupational therapy... not that I would expect much from it myself but I suppose it cant hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Any of you guys ever visit a counsellor in college? I imagine the first time is fairly awkward? I'm awaiting an appointment and tbh, I'm absolutely dreading it :/

Any of you guys ever visit a counsellor in college? I imagine the first time is fairly awkward? I'm awaiting an appointment and tbh, I'm absolutely dreading it :/

Sorry cant help their as I never went that far with my education. I would expect they will be no different to any other councillor though and if that the case your first meeting well may be a bit stop and go.
    By that I mean unless you have a few preplanned questions worked out in you head you may find yourself embarrassed and staring at your feet ot at the wall trying to ovoid the councilor.
    What ever way it well go do not expect them to say much to you and dont expect any advice from them but they may offer homework to help you in order to get around the advice thing.
    Also its my thinking they are not big on been see to be over friendly so bar a handshake which I tend to ovoid like the plague you would get much in the way off contact.
    PS... they may depending on how hey see your issues ask for some details from you such as your GP and nearest family member phone number but I think thats routine.
    All the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

tired and low going to sleep yet again. meeting doc on friday i am not taking these medication after that appt I dont care what he says.
    night all and be safe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭HarrisonLennon

Can't sleep, anxious and stressed, friend found dead Sunday in bed. 23.. It's freaked me out.

I'm going to start meditating to cope with it all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Can't sleep, anxious and stressed, friend found dead Sunday in bed. 23.. It's freaked me out.

I'm going to start meditating to cope with it all

:( sorry to hear about your friend.

I'm in a horrible cycle at the moment, really need to see my therapist but she's gone away on holidays for another 2 weeks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Hersheys wrote: »
    Bad dreams :(

Aaaargh, know that feeling! There've been times where I've been doing really well for days on end, weeks even.....and then one bad dream is enough to kick me back for days at a time. Now that I'm dwelling on the possibility of bad dreams I could well end up having one soon. :( Hopefully not though!

I have. First counsellor I saw didn't really help much at all; I was in a state of confusion and he made it seem like he expected me to know exactly what was wrong with me before he'd try helping me. So I lost faith in the whole thing until it got to a stage where I had no choice but to go back. The next counsellor I saw was a great help; mostly what I needed was somewhere to vent and she was a great listener. She gave some handy advice too.

Overall you may not gain much out of counselling but you haven't really got anything to lose either so definitely go for it. It's perfectly natural to be nervous, the counsellor will be fully aware of this. It's important not to pin all your hopes onto it being some sort of magic cure ('cause magic cures sadly just don't exist) but it's equally important to be willing to give it a go and see what benefit you can get from it. :)

Well how about this. 5 days in my my membership off boards a mod else where here has taken it upon themselves to tell me to F*** off or be banned.
    Nice.
    Class.
    So as I have a very fragile and sensitive mind I have decided to retire from boards to save myself been driven to to the brink.
    Hope the rest off you do ok here
    All the best and apologies to any one who I may have unintentionally annoyed.
    Bye.
    Stoppress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Thanks for the info guys :D

Was all going well depression and anxiety-wise today until I got on the bus to get home and was slagged continuously by 4 scumbags for no apparent reason. Had to get off the bus early and walk home. During the walk I had my first ever full-on anxiety attack :( Was not nice. Getting sick of this crap now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

stoppress wrote: »
    Well how about this. 5 days in my my membership off boards a mod else where here has taken it upon themselves to tell me to F*** off or be banned.
    Nice.
    Class.
    So as I have a very fragile and sensitive mind I have decided to retire from boards to save myself been driven to to the brink.
    Bye.
    Stoppress.

To be fair, you did post in the thunderdome...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Longest uninterrupted sleep I've had in months, midnight until 5 am. After last night I was exhausted so needed the rest. Feel empty/numb this morning though :( I'm trying to have another snooze before the alarm goes off, I'll take dreamless sleep any night over the bad nights!

Last night was a particularly bad night, I'm still reeling from it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

stoppress wrote: »
    Nice.
    Class.
    Bye.
    Stoppress.

please don't drag disputes from another forum into this one.

take it up with the mod in question or in help desk/DRP

So had me appt this morning. Have to stop taking current meds immediatly(lexapro and zispin) wait till monday and then start new meds effexor and a thing called seroqul. So I'm expecting a bit of a rollercoaster ride for the next few weeks.
    Watch this space..............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Are you happy with that ashblag? I'm on a drug similiar to effexor (well in the same family) and seroquel and find them great. I just take seroquel when I need it - it makes me VERY sleepy but great for a nights sleep and for anxiety

neemish wrote: »
    Are you happy with that ashblag? I'm on a drug similiar to effexor (well in the same family) and seroquel and find them great. I just take seroquel when I need it - it makes me VERY sleepy but great for a nights sleep and for anxiety

I think I am neemish just not looking forward to the transition period. Im really so glad to be coming of that zispin horrible drug from my experience of it. I'll see how I get on with the seroquel im quite a gittery anxious mess at the moment so im told it should really help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Ya seroquel is good, much better for us than valium/xanax etc as you can be on it for longer. I was the same with zispin - it turned me into a zombie.

The transition won't be easy - has the dr given you any tips on how to make it easier on yourself? Maybe if there's someone you can check in with and talk to. Lots of treats for yourself and minding yourself well? I don't know, but maybe if you know there might be a difficult time, you can put some little things in place that might help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Enjoying college so far overall have to say, but this week I've been a mess in many other ways, panicky and just plain freaking out (behind a facade of course, other people shouldn't be able to tell).

Very tired too but I was expecting that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Have you just started college flyswatter? It's a big upheaval so only normal to feel stressed out and stuff. If you keep tabs on yourself and make sure to look after yourself hopefully things will get a bit better in the next few weeks once things start to settle down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I find that even in college, I make no friends :o ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Seren_ wrote: »
    Have you just started college flyswatter? It's a big upheaval so only normal to feel stressed out and stuff. If you keep tabs on yourself and make sure to look after yourself hopefully things will get a bit better in the next few weeks once things start to settle down.

No, not really. Started a new course but I've been through the college process before for a year or two.

I like the course so far, just a combination of different things really like bad memories creeping in from the past and stuff that was in my mind but wasn't reality as such. Strange that is happening as usually my mind has a metaphorical brick wall in it that would stop past thoughts creeping in and bothering me.

feeling really poorly today dont know if its the start of a flu or from stopping the meds. shivering also feels my heart is fluttering. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

cloud493 wrote: »
    I find that even in college, I make no friends :o ah well.

You have a lot of friends here, anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A flop onto a nightshift tonight, been awake since eight. Hum. Anyhoo, how is everyone getting on?.

havent even gotten dressed today dont have the energy. Cant explain how im feeling am very gittery and have a million thoughts going through my mind.
    Starting new meds tomorrrow so trying to stay positive

darkhorse wrote: »
    You have a lot of friends here, anyway.

True that :)

5 weeks now, no self injury.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

ashblag wrote: »
    havent even gotten dressed today dont have the energy. Cant explain how im feeling am very gittery and have a million thoughts going through my mind.
    Starting new meds tomorrrow so trying to stay positive

I understand you are switching on to serequel?. It's a good drug, keeps me fairly calm and can be used on the long term unlike valium etc.

Regardless i hope it works for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Have a hospital appointment this morning, and I'm so anxious about it :/ couldn't sleep at all last night. The doctors there (not for mental health stuff) always give out to me for not sticking to their instructions, which is the worst for me 'cause then I just get all rebellious and go "Feck that, I won't do what they tell me". Which is stupid of me anyway.... argh.

Hope everyone is doing okay this morning x

Seren_ wrote: »
    Have a hospital appointment this morning, and I'm so anxious about it :/ couldn't sleep at all last night. The doctors there (not for mental health stuff) always give out to me for not sticking to their instructions, which is the worst for me 'cause then I just get all rebellious and go "Feck that, I won't do what they tell me". Which is stupid of me anyway.... argh.

Hope everyone is doing okay this morning x

Hope that goes ok for you seren x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Things have been getting bad, and I hadn't even noticed.

I thought it was because I was sick (as in physically, Migraine has been a complete bitch lately) but I have to face the facts. Depression has been doing its innocuos, sneaky thing again. 1pm yesterday I looked around and noticed the curtains were still drawn, I was still in my dressing gown, unwashed, hair unbrushed. The place is a tip. Hadn't been outside for days and no desire to either. No headache so no excuse.

It's back.

Kick in the arse time. Dishwasher and washing machine loaded and on the go. Shower, do hair and make-up and get out of here and get some things done.

Weird thing is, I don't feel down, just meh. That's how it starts though. Does this mean my meds are no longer working?

Anyway, will push on. Hope everyone is doing ok.

Sardy x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement