Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

cloud493 wrote: »
    There you go, she who dares wins :D

I know buddy it just gets harder and i'm so tired x i just need a break from everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well all you have to do is keep going for now, can't be this hard for ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

ashblag wrote: »
    cloud493 wrote: »
    There you go, she who dares wins :D

I know buddy it just gets harder and i'm so tired x i just need a break from everything

Try your best to snooze ash and it will all seem easier in the morning xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bip232

hi i'm new, I've had depression/anxiety issues been on/off medication for a few years now. I'm on the meds at the moment and seem to be managing the panic attacks but most days I finish work and head to bed for the rest of the day if I do go for a night out with friends I drink a crazy amount in an attempt to relax around people. My GP wants to refer me to a psychiatrist for an assesment but I'm just so worried they'll see me as a time waster and send me on my way... also I previously dropped out of college because of all this and I'm heading back this year,i'm just petrified i'll leave again. Any advice/tips would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

How many people here have read The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle? Did you find it helped? I've found it to be the bedrock of my sanity. I read some of it every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

How many people here have read The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle? Did you find it helped? I've found it to be the bedrock of my sanity. I read some of it every day.

Yeah I have, read it the first time in 2006, didn't mean a thing to me. reread it in 2008 and it clicked, his book after A New Earth is very good also

I tell what is really great from Eckhart, his 10 podcasts with Oprah which goes through each chapter of the New Earth and he answers questions from people all around the world about the concepts on the book.

The 10 classes are available for free from Itunes from the Oprah's section in Religion and Spirituality podcasts. Helped me a lot over the years since I started listening to those podcasts, I've changed career and a lot of my attitudes on life, hope these will help someone else too

Having flashbacks everytime I try to sleep. Not fun :( I feel panicked. Big deep breaths. Awful urge to cut myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

trigger26 wrote: »
    Yeah I have, read it the first time in 2006, didn't mean a thing to me. reread it in 2008 and it clicked, his book after A New Earth is very good also

I tell what is really great from Eckhart, his 10 podcasts with Oprah which goes through each chapter of the New Earth and he answers questions from people all around the world about the concepts on the book.

The 10 classes are available for free from Itunes from the Oprah's section in Religion and Spirituality podcasts. Helped me a lot over the years since I started listening to those podcasts, I've changed career and a lot of my attitudes on life, hope these will help someone else too

Thanks, I'll check out the podcasts.

I advise everyone in this thread to read The Power of Now. It could have a huge influence on your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

trigger26 wrote: »

Thanks, I'll check out the podcasts.

I advise everyone in this thread to read The Power of Now. It could have a huge influence on your life.

Thanks for the tips. I have the Power of Now already and only sort of read a bit of it a few years ago. Funnily enough it turned up the other day when I wasn't looking for it, will have a read of it again. Also going to check out those podcasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Hersheys wrote: »
    Having flashbacks everytime I try to sleep. Not fun :( I feel panicked. Big deep breaths. Awful urge to cut myself though.

Sorry to hear that Hershey. Are things any better now? Saw you posted this last night.

• Advertisement

G-Money wrote: »

Sorry to hear that Hershey. Are things any better now? Saw you posted this last night.

I didn't cut. Managed to calm down without taking meds too but still had a bad sleep :-/ think I'm stressing about seeing the new doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Two whole hours of sleep last night. Am exhausted. Hopefully tonight will be better. Was taking something to help me sleep for the past few weeks, but need to get back to a more natural sleep pattern. hate this part of it though!

Took on too much personal stuff for the last few days with medical apps and now feeling emotionally drained. Why do I do it???!

Got about an hours worth of sleep last night, ended up just getting up and watching crap tv all night.

You were sensible to get up though. I lay there like an eejit all night

My sister normally gets up about half six anyway, so I was a bit more prepared. Taking her to school woke up me a bit and stuff, cold walk.

I've a similar problem neemish! I'm trying to get develop a new sleeping pattern (am up earlier in the mornings) and trying not to take anything to help me sleep. Bad dreams have kept me awake for the past few nights, I think it's a combination of the lack of sleeping medication and that I've had a few medical appointments.

But today my problem ends - I don't have any medical appointments for the forseeable future and that scares me! Before I always knew I had xyz coming up and I could always contact my doctor, but now I've nearly a months wait to see my therapist and the new doctor that I've registered with just sent me on my merry way really. So it's all up in the air - before I had the problem of too many things going on, now I've the problem that I don't have enough!!!

I've a similar problem neemish! I'm trying to get develop a new sleeping pattern (am up earlier in the mornings) and trying not to take anything to help me sleep. Bad dreams have kept me awake for the past few nights, I think it's a combination of the lack of sleeping medication and that I've had a few medical appointments.

But today my problem ends - I don't have any medical appointments for the forseeable future and that scares me! Before I always knew I had xyz coming up and I could always contact my doctor, but now I've nearly a months wait to see my therapist and the new doctor that I've registered with just sent me on my merry way really. So it's all up in the air - before I had the problem of too many things going on, now I've the problem that I don't have enough!!!

It's either a feast or a famine! I'm seeing my therapist twice a week and saw my consultant recently. Was glad to get that one out of the way! He makes me nervous for some reason. The therapist is brilliant - would be lost without her.

I'm in a similar situation with flashbacks. The problem is that I don't have the full memory - just bits and pieces. I find it hard, because when i get a "flash" I don't know where it fits into the picture. And sometimes Its just an overwhelming emotion, but I know that it's not connected to anything in the present.

Cloud, how do you find it living with your sister? When I'm down, I find younger people(teens) and kids hard to take

Flashbacks suck!!

I would happily spend my days in a panicked state rather than have to spend a night with flashbacks. I know exactly what the flashbacks are from (abuse) so I do give my poor auld teddy bears some abuse during the night (thinking they're people trying to hurt me!)

I could do with seeing my new therapist more than once a month but she's on holidays. And I just can't face opening up to one more person about it.

I know what you mean. Mine gets to hear pretty much everything. There's no way I could talk to people about it. How would I explain it?
    My teddys are safe enough! I lie there paralysed shaking with fear.

neemish wrote: »
    I know what you mean. Mine gets to hear pretty much everything. There's no way I could talk to people about it. How would I explain it?
    My teddys are safe enough! I lie there paralysed shaking with fear.
    Nah I'm pretty good at telling my therapist and doctor most things. Problem now is that I've had to move to the complete opposite end of the county for work and it's too far to commute to see them. So I need to find new people in my new place to talk to about my crazy.

• Advertisement

Still haven't changed my GP from when I moved a few years ago - we work on the phone and I see her every few months. It works ok, not brilliant but i couldn't change

I'm gonna need to contact my GP and make arrangements to collect a prescription!! Have about 3 weeks of meds supplies left.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Headhog

Weird last night I slept properly for the first time in MONTHS!! I think its because I'm weening myself off Effexor. Also I've had less intense dreams. Hope this continues

Headhog wrote: »
    Weird last night I slept properly for the first time in MONTHS!! I think its because I'm weening myself off Effexor. Also I've had less intense dreams. Hope this continues

That's great news headhog :) hope you sleep again tonight.

Bad night again, didn't get a great sleep. So so so tired today! And on the edge of panic, can feel it brewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

bip232 wrote: »
    hi i'm new, I've had depression/anxiety issues been on/off medication for a few years now. I'm on the meds at the moment and seem to be managing the panic attacks but most days I finish work and head to bed for the rest of the day if I do go for a night out with friends I drink a crazy amount in an attempt to relax around people. My GP wants to refer me to a psychiatrist for an assesment but I'm just so worried they'll see me as a time waster and send me on my way... also I previously dropped out of college because of all this and I'm heading back this year,i'm just petrified i'll leave again. Any advice/tips would be great

You shouldn't be worried that they'll see you as a time waster. Their job is to help people with depression/anxiety issues. If it wasn't for people like us they'd have no job!
    Good luck with college. Try to focus on the end goal and that you can get there by taking each day as a step towards it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

exhausted! to say the least

Good exhausted or bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

How are you doing ashblag? Have the effects of the new meds settled down at all?

I'm a bit..well, I don't know what I am. Trying to distract myself from a b&p. Ugh:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

girlonfire wrote: »
    How are you doing ashblag? Have the effects of the new meds settled down at all?

I'm a bit..well, I don't know what I am. Trying to distract myself from a b&p. Ugh:(

Drink a gallon of water and go out for a walk!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement