Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

hi, never tried this drug but let me know if it works as i have tried everything else. Although i am just looking for a short term drug for anxious/ nervousness when I plan to take a flight somewhere.

Does anyone else expereince nothing after taking a valium, xanex, lexaton....etc, etc. Is is possible that some people like me just dont respond to these drugs?? or have a higher immunity to them, yet i would be afraid to take too many!!

Is there another answer to this.... by the way i need more than camomile tea as once advised!!!? thanks all same.

Maybe i should take something more long acting in the run up to the flight?

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭pejay

rustopher wrote: »
    hi, never tried this drug but let me know if it works as i have tried everything else. Although i am just looking for a short term drug for anxious/ nervousness when I plan to take a flight somewhere.

Does anyone else expereince nothing after taking a valium, xanex, lexaton....etc, etc. Is is possible that some people like me just dont respond to these drugs?? or have a higher immunity to them, yet i would be afraid to take too many!!

Is there another answer to this.... by the way i need more than camomile tea as once advised!!!? thanks all same.

Maybe i should take something more long acting in the run up to the flight?

cheers!

I am currently in the process of not taking valium as doc reckons i have become resistant to it so i have gone from 6mg down to 2mg to say all the anxiety is crap shakes funny feelings in my head groggyness sick of going through it now,

I have tried lexaton,xanax valium and nothing worked i am currently also on serequel for my bipolar.

Valium is meant to be long acting but i find on a very anxious day i need it every 2/3 hours depending on how i am feeling.

Just started this new drug now and like i said it is used for nerve pain ie shingles and that but recently they found it helps with anxiety i have been on it 5 days now and some of the anxiousness has gone lets say from the neck down but my head woooooow its so wonky lol i keep saying its the meds and hopefully it will pass so going to stick with it and see although i dont know i can put up with the side effects

Does anxiety give strange feelings in the head?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

I take Lyrica along with others. On it about a year or more now. No complaints or side affects to report

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

jammstarr wrote: »
    I take Lyrica along with others. On it about a year or more now. No complaints or side affects to report
    I took zanax but it didn't work for me. Sleeping tablets don't work either.
    I took lyrica for pain relief, but I hated the side effects

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

pejay wrote: »
    Does anxiety give strange feelings in the head?????

Yup. It's a few things at once. You can feel 'unreal', or slightly disconnected from reality. Sometimes even a bit paranoid as you don't feel you can trust your surroundings. Everyone gets different symptoms in different strengths.

The adrenaline flowing in you can cause your pupils to dilate so they take in more light, which is the visual aspect that can make you feel unreal, scared etc. You can also feel dizzy, lightheaded, etc. it's a combination of these things that gives you those strange feelings.

*You are NOT going crazy.* Breathe deeply and slowly from your stomach for about 10 minutes and the symptoms should pass or ease. Or go running for as long as you can, that will 'use up' a lot of the adrenaline.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

wow... i would be weary of side effects or addiction when it comes to medication, look after that. Dont think i will have this problem however as nothing seems to work for me:(:mad:

Do you take it for anxiety may i ask and also did the grogginess feeling go away after a while thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

How is everyone today?

I'm doing pretty okay at the minute, it's nice for a change! Trying to get a hold on my eating disorder too, which isn't going too well but at least it's a start. Joined weight watchers to give me a structure to stick to so we'll see how it goes.

banquo wrote: »
    Yup. It's a few things at once. You can feel 'unreal', or slightly disconnected from reality. Sometimes even a bit paranoid as you don't feel you can trust your surroundings. Everyone gets different symptoms in different strengths.

The adrenaline flowing in you can cause your pupils to dilate so they take in more light, which is the visual aspect that can make you feel unreal, scared etc. You can also feel dizzy, lightheaded, etc. it's a combination of these things that gives you those strange feelings.

*You are NOT going crazy.* Breathe deeply and slowly from your stomach for about 10 minutes and the symptoms should pass or ease. Or go running for as long as you can, that will 'use up' a lot of the adrenaline.

Ah thanks for that yes i find everything feels bright like there is a light shining into my eyes i find though if i take deep breaths i get dizzy and then a minor panic attack starts and i get scared then i will pass out anxiety is an awful thing to live with i relapsed 6 months ago and still have not found the right med yet.

My head feels heavy also sometimes and like there is someone inside it pulling at my brain lol sounds mad i know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

How is everyone today?

I'm doing pretty okay at the minute, it's nice for a change! Trying to get a hold on my eating disorder too, which isn't going too well but at least it's a start. Joined weight watchers to give me a structure to stick to so we'll see how it goes.

As far as I know they recommend you don't go to WW if you've an eating disorder.

pejay wrote: »
    Do you take it for anxiety may i ask and also did the grogginess feeling go away after a while thanks

I take it with two other medications for both depression and anxiety. I take one in the morning and one in the evening with the other meds. Never really noticed any grogginess with them I must say however with my others at night I do find they hit me hard but that could just be the others.

I take it with two other medications for both depression and anxiety. I take one in the morning and one in the evening with the other meds. Never really noticed any grogginess with them I must say however with my others at night I do find they hit me hard but that could just be the others.[/QUOTE

Yes i take mine with valium and serequel

and 25mg twice daily of the lycria what dosage are you on

Jam what other meds are you on

do you find the lyrica helps the anxiety

Thanks for your response

I take it with two other medications for both depression and anxiety. I take one in the morning and one in the evening with the other meds. Never really noticed any grogginess with them I must say however with my others at night I do find they hit me hard but that could just be the others.

Yeah they knock you out i sleep well with them i must say

150 mg here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

re meds - i've had to pretty much eliminate some of mine becuase of work. Unfortunately either seroquel or zimovane make it very difficult to get up in the morning and there is abad hangover effect. I also feel very "flat" when taken on a regular basis.

So toughing it but anxiety levels arent great but what can you do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Hope everyone's doing alright :)

neemish wrote: »
    re meds - i've had to pretty much eliminate some of mine becuase of work. Unfortunately either seroquel or zimovane make it very difficult to get up in the morning and there is abad hangover effect. I also feel very "flat" when taken on a regular basis.

So toughing it but anxiety levels arent great but what can you do

Do you find the serequel helps what dose are you on.

I hate the hungover feeling in the morning well all day actually it only starts lifting at 6pm when i am due to take next lot.

I find that groggy /hungover feeling makes you panick and feel on edge what do you think

As far as I know they recommend you don't go to WW if you've an eating disorder.

hmm... I've been discussing starting it with my therapist for a while and she thinks it should be okay for me right now. Doctor said it was okay too as long as I'm careful. I never said it to the leader of the ww meeting though... I'm not sure if I should now in case they kick me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Is weight watchers generally good/successful or what?

I've no experience with it.

• Advertisement

flyswatter wrote: »
    Is weight watchers generally good/successful or what?

I've no experience with it.

I joined it before but never went to the meetings or ate properly. I hear it's decent enough though as it's not gimmicky

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

How is everyone today?

My psychologists have warned me against anything of that sorts altogether. They run a healthy lifestyles support group in my counselling centre for people with issues.

I really think the constant weigh ins and talk about weight loss is not good if you have an eating disorder. Your aims right now should not be to lose weight, but to control your habits in a healthy manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Sleep is for boring people. Hello sun.

It was nice and nippy last night, did me a treat :pac:

cloud493 wrote: »
    It was nice and nippy last night, did me a treat :pac:

Nippy yeah i woke up this morning with teeth chattering could not stop it lmao i thought oh no here we go a reaction or something the meds are doing to me was nearly setting myself up for a bad day AGAIN just cause of teeth chattering

I really regret saying that I joined now :o:(

I don't know, I feel like I'll be okay, and if I think I'm getting too obsessive I'll quit. My therapist and doctor are keeping an eye on it. I have a few other health problems that are really affected badly by my weight so I'm doing it for health more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

It just sent alarm bells off for me, but I'm not going to lecture you. I just know for me that would probably be the worst thing I could do aside from a full relapse.

I was with two friends the other day and for 20 minutes they talked about eating habits and weight loss and I wanted to run from the room. To be in a meeting where that was the key focus would be hell for me and my recovery. And I have a lot of issues with the weight watchers plan too. But its your choice.

just want to know with anyone suffering anxiety does simple things in daily life work them up such as going for a bathe or a shower sounds mad i know and i cannot explain it just simple things like that set me off.

My day would just be to lie on the couch with a duvet and moan all day that i am tired just wondered if anybody else felt like this sometimes on a daily basis thanks guys

Does anyone else have, I don't know if its an issue really, with losing weight? I've lost more than I thought, if that makes sense, without a conscience effort to do so.

• Advertisement

It just sent alarm bells off for me, but I'm not going to lecture you. I just know for me that would probably be the worst thing I could do aside from a full relapse.

I was with two friends the other day and for 20 minutes they talked about eating habits and weight loss and I wanted to run from the room. To be in a meeting where that was the key focus would be hell for me and my recovery. And I have a lot of issues with the weight watchers plan too. But its your choice.

Sorry for being so defensive! And thanks as well, I know you all were just trying to watch out for me. I used to be like that too, but since I got depressed 2 years ago it moved from ed-nos to binge eating and I didn't care about the number on the scales. I've been kinda getting better with my habits so I thought ww would be a good idea because I need something to help with motivation. I wouldn't be overly enamoured with the plan either, but I use what suits me from it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement