Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 helen48

In a way i wish I had an empty house,wouldn't have 2 talk to anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Applied for this today,it's free and can't make me feel any worse:

http://www.aware.ie/help/support/awares_life_skills_programme/

I looked it over and it sounds pretty good. I might look into heading to a different venue for it as there's a couple at my usual who rub me up the wrong way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I forgot about a doctor's appointment last week. I only realised afterwards, and it's been a week now and I'm too embarrassed to go back.
    I hate this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

jammstarr wrote: »

I looked it over and it sounds pretty good. I might look into heading to a different venue for it as there's a couple at my usual who rub me up the wrong way.
    Glad I'm not the only one with that problem!

Feeling really low this afternoon. Sun is shining, off for the weekend, no idea why:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭thrilledskinny

Ditto Gillo !
    Was about to post on here and say 'no one seems to have posted in a day' and well then you post !!

Having /had a awfulish day.

Sometimes just feeling I cant cope with things, and I'm off work so what exactly do i have to cope with !
    Wonder am i self obsesed sometimes, with nothing or no one to distract me from my own woes.

Maybe, hopefully your wknd off will cheer you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭frulewis

i know doctors aren't meant to be the cure to all your problems but you'd think mine would make some sort of an effort every time I go in to her she says oh I can actually see you're very down much more than last time I think we should increase your lexapro gggrrr all she does is shove medication at me but i suppose what else can she do i've just had a few ****e weeks and there's nothing I can do to make the gloom lift, rant over!

Funny I was thinking the same thing, where is everybody?

Yeah, I'm hoping the weekend cheers me up, I'm heading down to Kerry for some mountaineering and was really looking forward to it. Now I'm thinking I hardly know the other people in the club going and I'm shy too. Feck it, I'll get away from Dublin for a bit.

How are you finding being off work?
    I used to find I'd too much time to "mull" over things and was constantly finding thing to keep me busy- the house was like a show house with the amount of cleaning I did!
    Hope things aren't too bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭frulewis

Applied for this today,it's free and can't make me feel any worse:

http://www.aware.ie/help/support/awares_life_skills_programme/

Just after signing up for it as well fingers crossed it gives us a boost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Hi All,
    I just want to say that it really hurts me to read that there is so many people out depressed and distressed, because I just like people and I think life is too short for unhappiness. Before any of you wonder to yourselves, who is this guy, is he for real, I want you to know that I am just an ordinary fella. In fact, I may be seen by some to be ugly, overly fat and bald, but hey it takes all sorts to make a world. Did I mention that I am 56 this month and I have lost 2 teeth on the top and 3 on the bottom, which really affects my singing. I was'nt a great singer before, but I like to sing when I have a few drinks, say about 7 or 8
    sorry I lost my train of thought(it's only since I was diagnosed with diabetes 7 year's ago, I blame it on all the tablets that I'm on, ya see it affected my memory, also my blood pressure(I need 5 tablets to control that, then there's the high cholesterel. Anyway, not to make light of your problem, I just want to tell you before I go and take my heart tablets, about when one of my kids came to me a few weeks ago and told me that she felt a bit down and depressed, I got a pen and paper and wrote "Here's a little note I wrote and I'm gonna sing it note for note, don't worry, be happy". I gave it to her and told to go on UTube and type it in and listen to it. Well, she came back a few minutes later and she could'nt talk for laughing. What I'm trying to tell you is there is always hope.
    So please Don't Worry, Be Happy.
    John:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I've been going further and further down for 2 weeks now, don't know whats wrong just that i feel like curling up into a ball and crying to hold myself together.

Hi Cloud 493,

Please dont despair. Talk to a friend and tell them about the way you feel. If you dont feel that you can talk to a friend or a family member, then talk to your doctor. Remember, there is always someone who will be will to listen to you, no matter what your problem.
    John:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 _Moss_

Wednesday I was at my parents, someone commented on how quiet I was and asked why am I moody. I hate that, me being quiet automatically means I'm moody :rolleyes:

I got a call yesterday for an interview next week, really brightened my day up. Nerves are starting to set in though..

cloud493 wrote: »
    I've been going further and further down for 2 weeks now, don't know whats wrong just that i feel like curling up into a ball and crying to hold myself together.
    Maybe let yourself cry, let it all out. I'm not saying you're like that but I really hate the whole macho big men don't cry; real people realise that sometimes they are weak and that's perfectly ok.

Really hope that comes across in the helpful way it's meant as, either way hope things start to pick up cloud493.

That's cool about the interview Moss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

well done on getting an interview moss, have one myself for next week too. there's a lot riding on it tbh, and as with any interview i'm already in a constant state of nervousness.

another big thing getting me down, haven't managed to get through that much of my mindfullness book, to be able to be ok with feeling like this. i suppose in a way i am anyway, it means i don't have to deal with anybody, i can just stay in my room all day and all night.

Gillo wrote: »
    Maybe let yourself cry, let it all out. I'm not saying you're like that but I really hate the whole macho big men don't cry; real people realise that sometimes they are weak and that's perfectly ok.

Really hope that comes across in the helpful way it's meant as, either way hope things start to pick up cloud493.

That's cool about the interview Moss!

I agree cloud493, maybe you should let yourself cry. I found it helped me after I had been holding it in. Crying is a sort of release? Maybe put on a movie and wrap yourself in your duvet.

Thanks Gillo, I was so happy I gushed down the phone at the guy. He probably thinks I'm a teeny bopper now :o

Is anyone else taking part in the Darkness into Light walk? Here's a link if anyones interested: http://dil.pieta.ie/

I won't thank you. Just have to endure another bad bit. The darkness into light thing is a good idea :)

I was going to do it, but then read that you've to pay €20 to do it :confused:

Oh its a sponsorship thing isn't it, someone told me about it. Still a good idea I guess.

Sure, well you know we all deal with it differently so I hope you get past the bad bit soon.
    My cousin told me about it yesterday :)

I know :( the tickets are pricey at €25, but €20 if 5 or more are bought. €15 for students, OAPs and jobseekers.
    But you get tea! (trying to put a positive spin on it)

• Advertisement

I'l find a way :)( the old way, probably.

And its still a good cause like, might go myself. Its a terribly good service, needs the funding like.

_Moss_ wrote: »
    Sure, well you know we all deal with it differently so I hope you get past the bad bit soon.
    My cousin told me about it yesterday :)

I know :( the tickets are pricey at €25, but €20 if 5 or more are bought. €15 for students, OAPs and jobseekers.
    But you get tea! (trying to put a positive spin on it)
    Tea??? I did it two years ago and there were hot dogs, reason enough to do it again, apart from it being an absolutely great cross.
    Hoping to do it this year but no car means it a hard place to get to.
    For anyone worrieing about fitness there's loads who walk it, at 5 km, that's about a hours walk.

I dunno :) if not I can always make myself a hot choccy when I get home. I've taken part in the hospice memorial walk two years in a row, and last year I did the mini marathon. Supposed to motivate me to keep fit but it doesn't work.
    A 5km walk is easy, wear comfy runners and trackies, and go at your own pace it's not a race :)

EDIT: And it's for a really good cause!

And its a really good cause :) degausserxo is doing it I believe it(might have spelt that wrong)

so so down

so so down

What's up?

broke up

Oh dear :( I'm sorry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@ Stupidusername, hopefully you've had some sleep. Breaking up is hard, worse when you need the person, i know it's a platitude but the pain will lessen. *Hugs*

• Advertisement

Hi Stupidusername,

Sorry to hear that, but it will pass. I know its not what you want to hear right now, but there is plenty of fish in the sea. So what I want you to do is
    pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again.
    John:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement