Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

nesf wrote: »
    Psychologist appointments changed from monthly to weekly and a meet up with my psychiatrist, who I wasn't supposed to see til June, arranged. Hmmm.

Hope it all goes ok, will you have hassle getting that amount of time off work?

Welcome along Poppy, hope you find it as useful as the rest of us have.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Gillo wrote: »
    Hope it all goes ok, will you have hassle getting that amount of time off work?

No, I work part time hours which are very flexible. I'm not able to commit to full time work at this stage. I was pretty out of it until quite recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 _Moss_

Hi I'm a first time poster here. I've been suffering from depression/anxiety for as long as I can remember but only admitted it to myself a few years ago after a series of panic attacks. I was brought to the family GP and was put on anti-depressants. There was no suggestion of therapy or councelling so I figured I was ok while just on Lustral, no panic attacks but still had a few black days.

Two years ago I moved into Galway City and started to turn things around. Last year I came off of Lustral, the weaning process was difficult. The panic attacks came back and the black days seemed endless. My OH was there for me and helped me see that I didn't need to fall back on the medication. At that stage I was so weak and the medication was a crutch, so if I didn't come off it then I probably would be on medication for years to come.

I was great for a few months, but things turned sour on the job front and am now unemployed again. I've been trying to come to terms with my depression/anxiety, you know digging deep and talking about it with my OH. I used to just close up and sit in the dark while he tried to coax me out of my black mood.

I'm really trying to beat the black dog but this week has been so hard. I'm really trying to force myself to get up and smile when all I want to do is curl up and have a good cry to myself.

Apologies for the big long post! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10 poppyflowers

Thanks for the welcome Gilo, just getting used to settings on boards and exploring the site as whole, alot to take in. There is alot to be said for a thread like this. I better head to bed, feeling a bit light headed from hours at this laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Derp derp made it to 5 weeks, broke.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Welcome _Moss_ as others have said, post away here, great place for a rant and you'll be listened to..

Grem

cloud493 wrote: »

Five weeks is a great achievement, don't knock yourself for "broke". You did five weeks you know you can do it again, then add another week one.
    I know it's something completely different but I found when giving up cigarette's, a lot of it was about frame of mind, I didn't actually give up just decided not to have them for a while, it took the pressure of "never again" (ok, I'll admit I was a cranky fart to be around when I was coming off them).

Step by step. Make it 6 weeks next time. :)

Thanks Grem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

That is fairly amazing cloud. I'm on 8 days. It's a personal record. So from where I am, 5 weeks looks like Everest. So well done on getting to there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Thanks guys :) try, try, and try again I guess. How is everyone else?

That's all you can do cloud493.
    Doing ok that's, another very quiet weekend though.

****. Thanks for asking. :)

Better day today so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Not having a good day
    Think i will back on the tablets soon. Ive re started counsilling, so hopefully it will work out

Had a rough week but woke up feeling better today. Slept fairly ok so I think that helped. Trying to encourage myself to go for a walk now or something.

Hi Snoopy1, how long are you off the tablets? I hope councilling will go well for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Not having a good day
    Think i will back on the tablets soon.

snap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

_Moss_ wrote: »
    Had a rough week but woke up feeling better today. Slept fairly ok so I think that helped. Trying to encourage myself to go for a walk now or something.

Hi Snoopy1, how long are you off the tablets? I hope councilling will go well for you :)

Im off them about a month. I just cold turkey'd . Dont really feel any different. The tablets didnt make me feel any better and i just feel the same now.
    Ive been at work all weekend, and i injured my already injured shoulder at work yesterday, so i'm hoping this is just a down patch.
    I came off night shift a week ago, so really hoping the fact that im not doing 12 hour nights anymore is going to help me get some sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭talullah

Oh the annoyance of being so painfully shy and anxious... :( have counceling on tuesday but never told the boss and turns out i'm down to work...aaaaaarrrrrgh i hate this :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭MS.ing

Temaz wrote: »
    Feeling pretty bad the last few days.

same here. Im lost. its like Im in this world on my own. is there anyone out there? :p:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Lousy insomnia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

why us guys ?? i dont deserve it ye dont deserve it, where is the fairness ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Feeling pretty bad. The only person that used talk to me is getting married and won't talk to me anymore. So very alone. Stressed with work and a few other things going on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Phi3 that's terrible, loneliness is a horrible thing. I hope you meet someone to chat with..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

phi3 wrote: »
    Feeling pretty bad. The only person that used talk to me is getting married and won't talk to me anymore. So very alone. Stressed with work and a few other things going on.
    You poor thing :( You know we're always here if you need a chat! Make sure and be kind to yourself too if work is stressing you out. Stuff like having a hot bath/shower, painting my nails or going for a walk are things that I find help me when I'm feeling stressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

I've been taking 10mg lexapro for the last few years and life was great but my counsellor insists I don't need them etc. so I'm nearly off them now and I'm back to being anxious, nervous, blushing etc. anyone any advise what I will do now? My counsellor hates medication and says people who take it miss out on life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

scarymoon1 wrote: »
    I've been taking 10mg lexapro for the last few years and life was great but my counsellor insists I don't need them etc. so I'm nearly off them now and I'm back to being anxious, nervous, blushing etc. anyone any advise what I will do now? My counsellor hates medication and says people who take it miss out on life.

Your counsellor isn't medically qualified to take you off them and shouldn't in any reality have the right to stop you taking them.

I'd go to your doctor instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

scarymoon1 wrote: »

A different counsellor. I know plenty of people are pro- or anti- medication, but I can't stand this 'missing out on life' attitude. It's almost invariably said by people who have never been on medication themselves. If you think you need a different opinion, get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

I'm beginning to miss out on life now as in work I feel anxious and I'm beginning to avoid conversations, with the medication I loved talking to people. I felt so much better on the medication so il probably go back to my gp and see what she says. This is the second time I've come off them and felt terrible as my counsellor is so anti medication for long periods of time. I don't see the problem though if they help me not be soo anxious.

• Advertisement

Had an absolutely awful dream last night and haven't been able to get it out of my head all day, back to feeling crap again. I don't mind a few days of low moods but am heading away for the weekend so don't want to ruin it being in crap form.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement