Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

jammstarr wrote: »
    Sorry to interrupt, just thought I'd give a bit of an update: not going inpatient as I'm thankfully more stable now, but am going to a day hospital instead.

Glad to hear you're doing a bit better man :)

Girl :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Apologies :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Kaching wrote: »
    doubt it

I'm 19 years, and one week old :rolleyes:

I'm going to fail my leaving cert again. ****. Everytime I go to school, or enter it, or think about the exams themselves, I feel so sick and anxious, and I just can't retain any information.

Shits slowly starting to snowball now it seems :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

I thought you were a man aswell...don't know why!

Things are going good for me :D keep fighting peops!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭talullah

Always nice to hear when people are doing better! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Snap reaction, injured myself. Pretty bad, why do i yo yo so much, no wonder i can't keep friends :(

Snap reaction, injured myself. Pretty bad, why do i yo yo so much, no wonder i can't keep friends :(

Feck, you SH'd?

Is it ok? Clean, sorted out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Feeling pretty low this evening, not sure why.

Hope the rest of you are doing well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's wrapped hope it should be ok. Can't stand this mood swing ****. I feel guilty and awful

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cmj2

Can't sleep. Hate feeling of dread in my stomach. Feels like I'm going to choke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Managed to sleep again but woke up in the pits of depression.

Pretty low meself, trying to motivate but not much happening yet. Hopefully dog will drag me outside. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Tried sleeping. Didn't work. My throat is really really sore. And I'm drifting back into dangerous "focus on the past" territory right now, which always brings me down.
    Also I'm really starting to feel lonely over here. :( When I get back to Ireland I need to make more friends. I seem to have difficulty staying in touch with/holding onto them.

Tried sleeping. Didn't work. My throat is really really sore. And I'm drifting back into dangerous "focus on the past" territory right now, which always brings me down.
    Also I'm really starting to feel lonely over here. :( When I get back to Ireland I need to make more friends. I seem to have difficulty staying in touch with/holding onto them.

I've been dredging up the past too, but managed to pull up some good stuff too. When are you back to ireland?

Captain G, I'm always pretty lonely despite living at home so I can't even imagine how low you are over there. I know it's not the same as having real company but feel free to message or whatever :o

Just out of curiosity are there many westerners where you are?

All i can say is well done on posting. Felt really hard for me. Same as you, this new 'needing help' thing is annoying to me since i used to be so strong. The one person who i thought would stick by has run.

Keep posting, or pm if you like.

Grem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RavenMirror

All i can say is well done on posting. Felt really hard for me. Same as you, this new 'needing help' thing is annoying to me since i used to be so strong. The one person who i thought would stick by has run.

Keep posting, or pm if you like.

Grem
    Thank you, I really appreciate that.

My therapist tells me every week I'm doing alot better than I think I am, and that I'm too hard on myself...and I try really really hard to believe it. I know that logically, I should believe it, but I can't - I just can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 crunchyogurt

I believe there's a couple of students on here. How do ye cope with the increasing workload and stress generally?

The only way that Im able to work on assigments is in small chunks. Ive have such poor concentration, Im not able to focus on something for extended periods of time. Finding the motivation to actually sit down and do something is very hard as well. Im in a very demanding course and Iv been struggling since day one. Theres a fairly good chance I wont make it into the next year.

• Advertisement

Thank you, I really appreciate that.

My therapist tells me every week I'm doing alot better than I think I am, and that I'm too hard on myself...and I try really really hard to believe it. I know that logically, I should believe it, but I can't - I just can't.

A lot in common, between paranoia and self-loathing i'm not always sure what i am or if i believe anything. Hopefully this will be a good place for you, it's been good to me so far. The talking (and of course the odd rant) are helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Had a bit of a flip out in college yesterday. I can feel the panic building again today :(

I'm oddly proud of myself. I saw my other blades on sale for a really low price yesterday and I didn't buy them. I'll regret it once this one's done with but I'm enjoying it right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

I've been dredging up the past too, but managed to pull up some good stuff too. When are you back to ireland?
    Any good stuff I pull out gets quickly overshadowed by bad stuff. In many cases, the good and bad stuff involve the same people.
    Not back to Ireland until June but I know if I went home I wouldn't be any happier. Where I live is pretty isolated from my friends. And a lot of them aren't really friends anyway, more like casual acquaintances that talk to me when it suits them and ignore me the rest of the time.

Part of the reason I came to China was to try and escape the unhappiness I felt back home. It worked for a few weeks but everything's catching up to me now. :(
    Captain G, I'm always pretty lonely despite living at home so I can't even imagine how low you are over there. I know it's not the same as having real company but feel free to message or whatever :o

Just out of curiosity are there many westerners where you are?

None whatsoever. There are three of us teaching English (me, an Italian girl and an American guy) and we're the only three Westerners I've seen since leaving Beijing and coming here. The other teachers are really nice but there's only so much stuff I can talk to them about.

Had resisted as long as possible but have to start taking antibiotics for my throat now. Can't even sleep now with it. :(

Hope everybody's doing ok today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I just realised how conflicting my emotions are. Get pretty down when I'm lonely, and I just moved to Canada by myself so happens quite often. But this weekend I had the chance to go to a grad student conference with social events, but I wasn't in the mood to be around people :confused: There's no win with me!

Happy enough today cause I'm taking the day off from study and just relaxing, but it will probably stress me out more when I'm behind tomorrow :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Have a throat infecton coming over me. Lovely. My mood is not as bad however so Im doing ok this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I just get very drunk and listen to loud music at the weekend to drown out my self critical inner voice and to stave off the loneliness.

Don't drink myself, but It helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Febe00

I'm 7 weeks pregnant and doc advised I come off the 20 mg of lexapro I've been on since my daughter was born in 2008. I reduced from 20 to 0 mg in 8 days and coped quite well emotionally. Day 2 off all med I started getting brain zaps, These were only every now and then so I thought this was going very well. However, they have got progressively worse over the past two days.

I can only describe them as electric shock type sensations that start deep in the brain and zap outwards, they even travel through my tounge and lips, it is followed by a shape zap across my skin on face and outer arms. This all lasts about 5 seconds and is followed by a dizzy disoriented feeling for about 2/3 seconds. This is draining me physically. 

Yesterday this happened every time I moved my eyes at all, so literally all day long! So far today it's only when I move my head to other side or get up and walk, although as the day gets on they are becoming more regular. 

I know these are a side affect of withdrawal and doc says should not last more than two weeks, but I've read on the net that they last a lot longer. I'm afraid I will have to ring in to work sick on Monday as I can't function correctly with this happening. I was out sick the week before last week with nausea so don't want to ring in again this week. I'm afraid I'll lose my job. They don't know I'm pregnant but do know I'm on medication. In the last hour my mood has dropped so much it has shocked me, my husband has left to go to work cause I think I'm just annoying him so much. I just feel utterly useless, I'm always fighting something and I'm emotionally drained.  I feel like such a disappointment to everyone. I don't know how I can face work on Monday I'm a joke. I should be happy the brain zaps are not as bad today but oh no I'm a blubbering mess 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Doing low enough today, no motivation to do anything.
    Wish I could just give myself a good kick and start living.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement