Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I'm now finding myself on a downer. I'm feeling my self esteem drop, uninteresting ...stupid etc. I had a good couple of days with the guy I'm seeing, and now he's gone home. and I don't know when I'll see him again. I don't want to jump in and make plans because I want him to show interest. and he does seem it a lot of the time. but I don't know what's making me like this now. I think it started with realising not hearing from the people I had an interview with last week means I haven't gotten the job, and looking for a job constantly makes me feel bad, because I can't get one. I can't even get an internship ffs.

and with this guy, I can already feel myself becoming less and less fun with him, because of my insecurities. i'm very tired, so that may also be contributing to my mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I think this thread could work alot better if we take an interest in and help each other, rather than focus on our own problems, as the depressed are prone to do., myself included.

So maybe reach out to some-one on the thread everyone! It would also take your mind off your own problems.

That's such a nice idea :)
    There's no way I could take part in it because I'm the most selfish person ever when I'm feeling down and I tend not to post here when I'm fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Feeling pretty low tonight, my mind is racing which normally never happens me. Seriously doubt I'll get much sleep tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If anyone wants(needs) someone to talk to when they're down, feel free to message me anyone. I'm better helping people when I'm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 brayguy

How is this situation going for you ? when i read your post i thought it was so similar a storey to mine i couldnt believe it ??
    hi thrilled skinny, i haven't been back to work yet....honestly not up to going in, it was hard enough to face without the disciplinary proceedings,now it's just harder.I don't have a doctor yet,but have an appointment with a hse psychiatrist so i'm hopeful they can recommend someone good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Well, nearly another shift at work over, get a bit anxious about leaving but not too bad so far so sleep should come. To the rest of you who are awake now and later i hope that your day is at least ok. And if it's not going so well, at least there's this thread to release it on. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mikeingalway

Hey guys , anybody know cost of Lexapro 15 MG for a months supply ?

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 4 backgarden

mod edit: please note - medical advice of any kind is not allowed

I went to the GP this morning. It was pretty terrifying. I had the main stuff written out beforehand and just gave him the note when I went in. He set up an appointment with the psychiatrist in two weeks time. I got to spend ages talking with the nurse as well. They seem to be taking it seriously enough, which I'm delighted with. Although I got a call from the nurse and got dragged back in to get a 'Cutting is BAD!!!' talk from her :rolleyes: Her talk was almost funny in some way.

And apparently they spoke to the counselling service. I've been waiting ages to find out if/when I get to switch counsellor and when I might get an appointment. I just got a call to say I've an appointment with the head of the counselling service and it's next week. That is scarily fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Aoifums wrote: »
    And apparently they spoke to the counselling service. I've been waiting ages to find out if/when I get to switch counsellor and when I might get an appointment. I just got a call to say I've an appointment with the head of the counselling service and it's next week. That is scarily fast.

And somewhat impressive. Better than waiting a scarily long time though.

All the best with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Hey guys , anybody know cost of Lexapro 15 MG for a months supply ?

Mike

About €60

I've decided to call pieta house and tell them to give my time slot to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Mars Bar wrote: »
    And somewhat impressive. Better than waiting a scarily long time though.

All the best with it!

yeah 2 months down and 7 more to go for me . You're lucky :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

cloud493 wrote: »
    I've decided to call pieta house and tell them to give my time slot to someone else.

How come? and have you been there before?

If anyone wants(needs) someone to talk to when they're down, feel free to message me anyone. I'm better helping people when I'm down.

That's nice Cloud493!

I have been there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Are you sure about doing that? I could give loads of reasons to go but it's your decision and I've been putting off going back to a counsellor since Christmas do can't say much, but you a probably better off going.

Well I'm finding it quite unhelpful. And I'm sure someone else could use that time-slot. I'l just find another way to get through this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Paranoia getting worse, thought people on the street might attack me today (I've never been attacked in my life and all these guys were smaller than me and not threats etc). Getting low over it. Still, I take comfort in that I know these fears are irrational.

• Advertisement

nesf wrote: »
    Paranoia getting worse, thought people on the street might attack me today (I've never been attacked in my life and all these guys were smaller than me and not threats etc). Getting low over it. Still, I take comfort in that I know these fears are irrational.

Knowing that they are irrational fears is a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭talullah

:( cant get out of this super low, it's rediculous. Doesnt feel like the tabs im on do anything. It's so frustrating i just dont know why i bother anymore.:(

talullah wrote: »
    :( cant get out of this super low, it's rediculous. Doesnt feel like the tabs im on do anything. It's so frustrating i just dont know why i bother anymore.:(

How long have you been on the tabs?

Knowing that they are irrational fears is a good sign.

Yes. Lowest dose of antipsychotics in 8 years is taking some getting used to. :/

Nesf do you mind me asking what you suffer from?

I haven't felt like staying in bed for a day in weeks, until now.

I haven't felt like staying in bed for a day in weeks, until now.

What's up?

Nesf do you mind me asking what you suffer from?

Latest diagnosis was schizotypal personality disorder with some schizoid features, a mood disorder (possibly bipolar, possibly not) and a past psychotic disorder (possibly brief psychotic disorder or similar).

All in flux.

What's up?

himself seems off with me, and I tried to explain something, but it didn't seem to do any good. i don't like people being pissed off with me, or thinking i'm being not nice about something. It's bothering me that we didn't really get to talk about it before he went to bed. so in a way I dunno if i'm bothered he's pissed with me, or I'm angry with him for not talking.

either way this is got me down. i don't like not talking about things, because i'm fairly sure this could've been sorted. but now i'll be thinking about it for a while, and it'll be keeping me awake. and i'll want to stay in bed tomorrow. all while he goes about his day as normal. I wish I could just get on with things.

• Advertisement

I am insomniac AGAIN. Anyone else still up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement