Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Singles, Timothy Croughs , Inchicore - Starts 20/2 for 10 weeks

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 thedemon

fairplay bobby.yur a good man.
    wat comp is on at 5 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Is the new comp at 5 going to be a new format or keep the 601 double start

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭btx170

Is the new comp at 5 going to be a new format or keep the 601 double start
    No change. Still double start. I believe double start should be in all games. It is a great equaliser. Gives everybody a chance even against the darts. I saw Phil Taylor taking 12 Darts to get away in the City West. Besides it is good practise for doubles. Standard of finishing in darts nowadays is very poor. The old adage trebles for show doubles for dough springs to mind. I often witness even good players squaring up for a finish after 12 darts and taking another 12 to finish. Believe me their is a method in my madness. You will just have to get used to it D. Besides a lot of players prefer the double start.
    I am starting a Singles League soon -Round Robin basis . Will post details later. Saturday Competition will continue but on a week to week basis rather than the 10 week qualification process until the Singles League is completed in June. Then we hope to recommence with Top 20 format again.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

btx170 wrote: »
    No change. Still double start. I believe double start should be in all games. It is a great equaliser. Gives everybody a chance even against the darts. I saw Phil Taylor taking 12 Darts to get away in the City West. Besides it is good practise for doubles. Standard of finishing in darts nowadays is very poor. The old adage trebles for show doubles for dough springs to mind. I often witness even good players squaring up for a finish after 12 darts and taking another 12 to finish. Believe me their is a method in my madness. You will just have to get used to it D. Besides a lot of players prefer the double start.
    I am starting a Singles League soon -Round Robin basis . Will post details later. Saturday Competition will continue but on a week to week basis rather than the 10 week qualification process until the Singles League is completed in June. Then we hope to recommence with Top 20 format again.

SIngles leagues are the way forward... Even ahead of your standard pub team league, singles leagues are proper darts...We ran one in mallow, where each player played each other twice... You might have to play 3 or 4 games on the one night, but it was excellent value for money and improved darts no end down here.

Strong field for finals and some excellent darts. A lot of tight games and some hard luck stories. Eventually the refreshingly unassuming but very capable David Byrne and the flamboyant and sometimes brillant Anto McCracken faced off in the final. Anto emerged a deserving 3-1 winner though David pushed him all the way. Anto was a worthy winner on the day having disposed of notable players such as Gareth Gray and Shane O'Connor in earlier rounds. Anyway it is good to see "carrot top" showing a bit of form again.
    Congratulations to all prize winners and thanks to all the players who participated and contributed to the undoubted success of this competition

Last 8
    Shane O'Connor bt Andy Poole
    Dave Byrne bt JP Kinsella
    Anto McCracken bt Gareth Gray
    Sean McArdle bt Graham Rooney

S/Finals
    Anto McCracken bt Shane O'Connor
    Dave Byrne bt Sean McArdle

Final
    Anto McCracken 3 Dave Byrne 1

• Advertisement

Saturday Competition defered for time being. Clash of fixtures over coming weeks. Will review situation after City West competition in June.

btx170 wrote: »
    Saturday Competition defered for time being. Clash of fixtures over coming weeks. Will review situation after City West competition in June.

Had plans to pop out this saturday as im up there for the comp the following day, is there something else on in the area???

i believe there was non darts related trouble last week. Is that part of why its not on?

i believe there was non darts related trouble last week. Is that part of why its not on?

Cud be the shock of Mac cracken winning something!!!! Or was there 2vltm4y.gif

The Latter, but from what i hear it had nothing to do with the darts

• Advertisement

The Latter, but from what i hear it had nothing to do with the darts

Wud be shocked if it had, know most of em that go to Bobbys comps, and have to say not 1 of em is a trouble maker..... Unless of course they were trying to get Anto to buy a drink....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 thedemon

wats the story on the nite league during the summer ?

Advertisement