Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Singles, Timothy Croughs , Inchicore - Starts 20/2 for 10 weeks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Ah james went on to the semi final after beating me. could have been a different story.

i think i have 4 points now, i cant make the final of the 10 tournaments due to the rushtown league running their singles tournament that day. so its next saturday with a good run or bust

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

btx170 wrote: »
    Same as. Played well and got to quarter finals both occasions he togged out . Up against eventual winner each time so not disgraced. Said he needed more drink :) Donegal prices in this venue 3 Euro 30 cents all pints.
    How are you keeping yourself ? Well I hope. I see you are still heavily involved in the Darts up there. Sure why not. I can't seem to get away from them myself though I do not play a lot nowadays. The remote control on my darts hasn't worked for some time :) Good to hear from you. Take care and drop in next time you visit the big smoke.
    Yeah I will drop down to this the next time I'm up which will be sooner rater than later as I'm due a trip up and our league finished last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

Hey bobby any chance of maybe sticking up the top 30 before the final two saturdays so me and the other lads know what we need to do to qualify cheers stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

S.T.D Ste wrote: »
    Hey bobby any chance of maybe sticking up the top 30 before the final two saturdays so me and the other lads know what we need to do to qualify cheers stephen
    Yeah I wouldn't mind knowing how many points im off the top 20, id say id have to work miracle's to qualify now:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭btx170

Week No 8 Points
    Having problems posting extended Points Table. I am going to try sending it as an attachment. Gringo you are in trouble as regards points unless you turn it on the next couple of weeks.

• Advertisement

Apologies for incorrect spelling of your name. I assumed it was Steven rather than Stephen for some reason. Will give you your proper title in future posts. I would estimate that 12 or 13 points will be required for qualification.You have a bit of work to do but you should be OK if you turn out next two weeks.

Hey bobby, im not on that list but im wondering am i right in thinking

ive been twice, Last 16 twice and i thus have 4 points????

i can only attend this saturday and not next saturday so i need to make up the points this week or im not going to make it

Week No 8 Points
    Having problems posting extended Points Table. I am going to try sending it as an attachment. Gringo you are in trouble as regards points unless you turn it on the next couple of weeks.

Cheers bobby

will see ya saturday and don't worry with won't fall out over a spelling
    :):):):)

Hey bobby, im not on that list but im wondering am i right in thinking

ive been twice, Last 16 twice and i thus have 4 points????

i can only attend this saturday and not next saturday so i need to make up the points this week or im not going to make it

Correct and right. Not all names are on the list.You will just have to win Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

bobbyweek8.jpg

• Advertisement

Semi final might squeeze me in

Final should be good enough

i'll just have to have a good day saturday

Just an Update to this

Shane won Week 9 with a 3-0 win over John Burke

i once again let a win slip through my hands after putting myself firmly in a winning position and not hitting my doubles, gonna have to sort myself out, i can clearly do it, just need to tighten up on doubles. Annoying so it is

Very poor turnout. Most disappointing :( Next week is the last week of this particular competition. Many players still in contention for qualifying places. Provisional date for overall finals is Saturday 1st May 2-30pm. I had hoped to make this an ongoing Saturday competition but will now be reviewing the feasibility of doing so given the inadequate player response over the last couple of weeks.

Week No 9 Results
    John Burke bt Graham Rooney
    Shane O'Connor bt Ross O'Brien
    Paul Ryan bt JP Kinsella
    Mark Kinsella bt James Kinsella

S/Finals
    John Burke bt Paul Ryan
    Shane O'Connor bt Mark Kinsella

Final
    Shane O'Connor 3 John Burke 0

Last chance to qualify for overall Finals tomorrow. There are many players who could still make the top 20 with a good showing in Week 10. So no excuses lads if you are not in you cannot win. Usual 5pm start. Good luck all. Overall final with 1200 Euro prize money will take place Saturday 1st May 2-30pm

Disappointing turnout but exceptional standard of darts. Saw at least 10 maximums and four sub 18 dart games. Not bad for 601 double start.

Last 8
    JP Kinsella bt Gareth Gray
    Paul Ryan bt Eamon Walsh
    Arthur O'Brien bt Ben Stenson
    Graham Rooney bt Andy Poole

S/Finals
    Graham Rooney bt Arthur O'Brien
    JP Kinsella bt Paul Ryan

Final
    JP Kinsella 3 Graham Rooney 1

I would like to thank all the players who participated in this competition with a special thanks to those players who made the effort to turn out most weeks when available. In contrast some players, having acquired sufficient points for qualification in the early rounds did not bother to support the competition in subsequent weeks. This unsatisfactory practise contributed to a marked dimunition of support in the latter weeks. Despite this hiccup the competition was generally well supported and the overall standard of darts was top class. The final of this competition takes place on Sat 1st May 2-30 pm with the Top 20 qualifiers competing for a 1200 Euro prize fund. Congratulations to all qualifiers and commiserations to those players who did not quite make the finals. Immediately after the finals the usual 5pm start competition will take place with all players welcome. Should be a good days darts

Having a bit of a problem posting Top 20 table. Please find attached

wooooooooo slipped into the last 20 taught i'd blown it by not been able to turn up saturday gone looking forward to it now .

cheers bobby for a super comp

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

Was gonna go up and support Anto, Shane, Glenn, and Gareth, but just a shame it is clashing with a comp in kilkienny, one which Shane has won in the past and most of the Dublin lads support.:rolleyes:

Dicie wrote: »
    Was gonna go up and support Anto, Shane, Glenn, and Gareth, but just a shame it is clashing with a comp in kilkienny, one which Shane has won in the past and most of the Dublin lads support.:rolleyes:

This competition has been running for 10 weeks and obviously we clash with other competitions or alternatively they clash with us from time to time. Regretably this is the case in this instance but then **** happens. Besides we are not exactly the INDO but merely a local competition. I adhere in principle to the policy of avoiding a clash of competitions when possiible. However continuity is vital to the success of this competition hence it follows that our finals should take place as advertised. Besides I think you are exaggerating somewhat the extent of traditional Dublin support for this particular competition in Kilkenny.

• Advertisement

This competition has been running for 10 weeks and obviously we clash with other competitions or alternatively they clash with us from time to time. Regretably this is the case in this instance but then **** happens. Besides we are not exactly the INDO but merely a local competition. I adhere in principle to the policy of avoiding a clash of competitions when possiible. However continuity is vital to the success of this competition hence it follows that our finals should take place as advertised. Besides I think you are exaggerating somewhat the extent of traditional Dublin support for this particular competition in Kilkenny.

So, your saying if your finals wasnt on, that the likes of Shane, Gareth, Glenn, sean mac cardle, Anto, and possibly others wud not come down to kilkenny, maybe it is you who is exaggerating!!!

Gl to all in the finals...

wooooooooo slipped into the last 20 taught i'd blown it by not been able to turn up saturday gone looking forward to it now .

cheers bobby for a super comp

Was about to dig out your number to contact you but obviosly I do not need to ring you now, Congratulations on qualifying for finals. Will see you Saturday (Without hangover) and best of luck. We are doing another competition, after the overall finals ,at 5pm so bring a few of the lads with you.

So, your saying if your finals wasnt on, that the likes of Shane, Gareth, Glenn, sean mac cardle, Anto, and possibly others wud not come down to kilkenny, maybe it is you who is exaggerating!!!

Gl to all in the finals...
    I have no intention of engaging in any needless dialogue based on conjecture. Suffice to say that it is indeed possible that some and I stress some of the aforementioned players might indeed travel to Kilkenny on a given day but I suggest that any damage we would do this competition would be minimal. It is hard enough to get Anto out for a league match:)
    Lighten up Dicie.

I have no intention of engaging in any needless dialogue based on conjecture. Suffice to say that it is indeed possible that some and I stress some of the aforementioned players might indeed travel to Kilkenny on a given day but I suggest that any damage we would do this competition would be minimal. It is hard enough to get Anto out for a league match:)
    Lighten up Dicie.

Whatta waste of a decent player..... Said yesterday he was finished travelling....:D

What kind of new competition will you be running at 5pm bobby?

What kind of new competition will you be running at 5pm bobby?

Have not worked out details as yet but there will be a competition to facilitate players not involved in earlier overall finals. Would expect to get 30 -40 players on the day so should be no problem. I had hoped to make this competition an ongoing one with another competition starting immediately after this one. That may still happen but for the present I am just playing it by ear as I have to consult with management.Will have relevant info for you by Saturday so hopefully will talk to you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 thedemon

wat way u doing the prize money on saturday bobby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 doubletrouble

Whatta waste of a decent player..... Said yesterday he was finished travelling....:D
    Decent player? who said that herman:p

Decent player? who said that herman:p

Drunken slip i wid say..... :D

• Advertisement

thedemon wrote: »
    wat way u doing the prize money on saturday bobby

Winner 400 Euro
    R/UP 200 Euro
    S/F 100 Euro
    Q/F 60 Euro