Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Singles, Timothy Croughs , Inchicore - Starts 20/2 for 10 weeks

Options
  • 14-02-2010 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

Saturday Singles Competition
    Venue Crough's Pub Inchicore (Opposite Workmans Club)
    Competition commences Saturday 20th February 5pm.
    Format 3x601 games double start. Final 5x601 games.
    Entrance Fee 10 Euro per player.
    Weekly prizefund 300-400 Euro

After 10 weeks top 20 qualifiers play of for guaranteed prizefund of 1200 Euro

Nice venue -- All Pints 3 Euro 30 cents (No this is not a mistake}
    Info Ring Bobby 0863177914
    All players welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Thanks for that Andy, might try make it down saturday after my match its a nice change with the 601 and the double start, plus the price of a pint is unreal your basically gonna be scuttered on 30 quid:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

heading out on saturday,hate double start but it's all practice

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Gringo180 wrote: »
    plus the price of a pint is unreal your basically gonna be scuttered on 30 quid:D

Ya feckin lightweight!

Dont forget about this lads, no excuses now.

If anyone reckons they can make it and will be running a bit late either ring Bobby on the number above or pm myself for my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭whaaames

Reckon a few top class players will turn up...?

whaaames wrote: »
    Reckon a few top class players will turn up...?

Describe top class for me please, my definition might be different to yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭whaaames

I don't mean disrespect or anything...

Like possible tv quality, 85/90 average players, much better than me i mean ha...
    I can see how that could be misunderstood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Ah sucks.
    I only read this today. I'll probably go his saturday so.

Did you get a good turn out Andy?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭btx170

Week One Results
    Last 8
    Eugene McArdle bt JP Kinsella
    Shane O'Connor bt Graham Rooney
    Paul Ryan bt Jimmy Murphy
    James Hoban bt Steven Andrews

Semi Finals
    Eugene McArdle 2 Shane O'Connor 0
    Paul Ryan 2 James Hoban 0

Final
    Paul Ryan 3 Eugene McArdle 0

Good turn out. Excellent days darts.
    Friendly atmosphere and good cheap drink--3-30 All pints:)
    Competition every Saturday 5pm. All players welcome.

Will be heading down this saturday as I've no football match this weekend:D
    What was the turnout like on saturday like lads?

Mid 40s. Nice set up down there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

wow ... 40+ people. impressive.
    does this place have dartboards?
    or they all yours andy?

seriously, nice set up you got going there. I'll be down on saturday forsure.

LighterGuy wrote: »
    wow ... 40+ people. impressive.
    does this place have dartboards?
    or they all yours andy?

Its not really anything to do with me. I was just plugging it for Bobby, the bloke that is running it.

I think they might have one board during the week and the space to put the other three up for the Saturday comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thedivil

Was there myself.Got knocked out by my mate Ste Andrews in 1st round.Its a nice set-up and everything is ran smoothly.I was very impressed with the darts thrown that day.Why pubs in the southside dont do this is beyond me

Good turnout --39 Players with quite a few young players participating which is good to see. Very good standard with some great darts played. Winner on the day was the excellent Shane O'Connor who started off playing competively as a raw sixteen year old in a similar such Saturday competition in the nearby Horse and Jockey. Shane beat last week's impressive winner Paul Ryan in the final. This is Paul's first year playing competitive darts and he is rapidly making a name for himself.

Week No 2 Results
    Last 8
    Sean McArdle bt John Dunne
    Shane O'Connor bt Keith Crook
    Mark Kinsella bt Jason McCann
    Paul Ryan bt Ben Stenson
    Semi-Finals
    Shane O'Connor 2 Sean Mc Ardle 0
    Paul Ryan 2 Mark Kinsella 0
    Final
    Shane O'Connor 3 Paul Ryan 0

Competition every Saturday 5pm with a minimum 300 Euro guaranteed. After 10 weeks Top 20 qualifiers compete for 1200 Euro.Points are awarded weekly based on performance. Players must participate in at least 3 competitions to be eligible for overall finals. All players welcome. Will post points table after week 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭damo180

any results on this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thedivil

I think the Final yesterday was
    Shane O'Connor v Eugene McArdle

Good turn out. Very high standard overall with some excellent individual performances most notably from Shane O'Connor, Eugene McArdle, Sean McArdle, Glen Speerin, Steven Andrews and Dave Byrne. The Final between Shane O'Connor and Eugene McArdle was an outstanding game with both players rising to the occasion. Eugene got off to a sluggish start and Shane capitalised by coasting into an early 2-0 lead. Eugene hit back with a fabulous 18 darts game in leg 3 despite Shane hitting a 140 and a 180. However any hope of a sustained comeback was emphatically extinguished in the next when Shane closed the match down with an amazing 15 darts game. Remember all games are 601 Double Start. TV stuff - Bring on the Power

Week No 3 Results
    Last 8
    Glen Speerin bt Frank Kelly
    Shane O'Connor bt Ciaran Satell
    Sean McArdle bt Steven Andrews
    Eugene McArdle bt JP Kinsella
    S/Finals
    Shane O'Connor bt Glen Speerin 2-0
    Eugene McArdle bt Sean McArdle 2-1
    Final
    Shane O'Connor 3 Eugene McArdle 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dartstalk

hey was anyone else out at this i want to know who the big lad was that beat garrett grey i've watched him 2 times lately and have to say very impressed every one knows garrett is a top player but this lad didn't seem to mind that and when under sever pressure on 126 hit to win

as the above comment said very good standard

i know most of the lads but have never seen this young lad before i heard on the night he is a dublin player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭MACK DE KNIFE

ok lads jus posting on ur thread 2 see if any of you lads interested in playing at the big exhib. in the noggin inn?? not many places left 2 play.... post up :Don our thread or send in pms 2 myself or wayne.. thanx......:D

• Advertisement

Good turnout and excellent overall standard. Established players Anto McCracken and Shane O’Connor played some outstanding darts in battling through to the final. Surprisingly this eagerly awaited clash proved to be a bit of a damp squib as neither player quite lived up to expectations. Other players of note on the day were Ross O’Brien, Aiden McCabe, Mark Kinsella, Ciaran Satell and Gary Buchanan.
    On a more general note it was noticeable that some players are still struggling to adapt to the double start format. Personally I think all competitive games should be double start as it enables players to focus on this important aspect of the game. Finishing is generally poor in Dublin darts leagues and incorporating the double start format in competitions would certainly help to address this problem.

Week No 4 Results
    Last 8
    Anto McCracken bt Gary Buchanan
    Mark Kinsella bt Graham Rooney
    Shane O’Connor bt Ciaran Satell
    Aiden McCabe bt Paul Ryan
    S/Finals
    Anto McCracken 2 Mark Kinsella 1
    Shane O’Connor 2 Aiden McCabe 1
    Final
    Shane O’Connor 3 Anto McCracken 0

PS -Will post Points Table later

Points Table Week No 4

1.Shane O'Connor 36
    2.Paul Ryan 23
    3.Mark Kinsella 16
    4.Eugene McArdle 16
    5.Sean McArdle 12
    6.JP Kinsella 10
    7.Graham Rooney 10
    8.James Hoban 10
    9.Anto McCracken 9
    10.Frank Kelly 8
    11.Steven Andrews 8
    12.Ciaran Satell 8
    13.Jason McCann 7
    14.Ben Stenson 7
    15.Gary Buchanan 7
    16.Jimmy Murphy 6
    17.Glen Spearing 6
    18.Aiden McCabe 6
    19.Keith Crook 6
    20.Mark James 6

Top 20 Players play off for 1200 Euro after 10 weeks.
    All Players must participate in at least 3 Competitions to be eligible for play offs
    Week 5 coming up this Saturday so anybody who has not paid us a visit should do so soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1 the bat

what way does the point system work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭damo180

heard a rumour that Shane O Connor was asked to stop turning up for this comp,because he was winning it most wks, could anyone shed any light on this.
    If its true, it makes a complete mockery of the tournament, and the organiser should be ashamed of himself

damo180 wrote: »
    heard a rumour that Shane O Connor was asked to stop turning up for this comp,because he was winning it most wks, could anyone shed any light on this.
    If its true, it makes a complete mockery of the tournament, and the organiser should be ashamed of himself
    Although I agree with you that Shane shouldn't of been asked not to play (allegedly) I dont think you should of posted the last part of your comment, Bobby is a sound bloke and this tournament is a cracking set-up so I dont think he should be ashamed of himself at all.

Week No 5 Results

Numbers down somewhat this week.This can perhaps be attributed to financial constraints due to a disasterous Cheltenham and Paddy's Day falling in midweek rather than a diminishing of interest in the Competition. Overall standard keeps improving and again there were some excellent individual performances. Promising youth player John Seagrave was particularly impressive and looks a work in progress. The final between an ever present Shane O'Connor and John Paul Kinsella was an exceptionally high scoring game which could have gone either way as both players missed doubles. Shane's superior finishing power, which is a feature of his overall game eventually won the day but both players are to be commended for a thrilling finale.
    Last 8
    JP Kinsella bt Arthur O'Brien
    Gary Buchanan bt Jason McCann
    Shane O'Connor bt Eugene McArdle
    Anto McCracken bt Sean McArdle
    S/Finals
    Shane O'Connor 2 Anto McCracken 0
    JP Kinsella 2 Gary Buchanan 1
    Final
    Shane O'Connor 3 JP Kinsella 1

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

Good to see Mac Cracken coming back to some sort of form... Wp shane as always.... If you cant beat em, practice.!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 maverick180

its me shane o connor do ya think i shold turn out tomorrow because i am no going all i am doing is trying to better myself by playing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i think you should go and play, i always enjoy playing you and if i lose i never mind because i know its because im not good enough yet. Only way to get better is to play good players.

If you were asked not to go i'd give bobby a ring and see what his opinion is now. If he's following this thread im sure he'll see that people generally think that even if you win it every week, its for the better of the tournament if you are throwing high quality darts.

Half contemplating the trip over from swords tomorrow. Havnt decided yet, wanted practice before Green Isle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

its me shane o connor do ya think i shold turn out tomorrow because i am no going all i am doing is trying to better myself by playing

Shane, save yourself for sunday, its your round... If it aint ur round, its Glenns, if it aint Glenns its mine, but its never mac Crackens:D

Advertisement