Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Snow at times next week especially after midweek

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Su Campu wrote: »
    No, it means that owenc has been banned! :D

Oh god !! Say it ain't so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yummy charts tonight with things getting colder and colder and possibly snowier ;)

Lets hope for a continuation of the improvement.

By the way i think many on here are certainly underestimating the cold that is beginning to arrive tonight and will sweep south later tomorrow and stay with us and deepend for the next 5-7 days with low pressures arriving from all angles and snow events possible at any time.

Tasty output.

Potential interest for northeastern Ireland over next 24 hours is this convection over the Irish sea developing, winds veer east/northeast in next 24 hours and this could push onto coast of east NI and eastern northern leinster. Very slow moving activity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 athlone

jambofc wrote: »
    looks to me like a week when you're better off sticking you're head out the window and hoping,i have a feeling we will all get a nice surprise at some stage during the week.

They know everything......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Interesting that on the latest met.ie reports that Malin Head is on -1c, and Johnstown Castle is on 0c. Apart from Oak Park, which is on -2c, the current values from these stations are cooler than what inland stations are showing. :eek:

• Advertisement

Off topic, but can I just say that vodafone broadband is ****e. :mad:

Sorry, just had to get that off my breasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Off topic, but can I just say that vodafone broadband is ****e. :mad:

Sorry, just had to get that off my breasts.

Yep I would go for O2 or Meteor on the basis that they offer EDGE (2.5G) which is the next best thing if 3G goes down.

Vodafone Only offers 3G OR GPRS (2G) whic GPRS is a fair drop from 3G and EDGE and 3 don't offer 2G OR 2.5G at all so if 3G drops youre screwed

Back to weather and here in Clonsilla, maybe its just me was out earlier it felt cold but no where near the temperatures in January, is it a safe bet that we wont see the January temperatures this time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Any showers that fall tonight should be of snow if you are more than 40 miles inland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Danno wrote: »
    Any showers that fall tonight should be of snow if you are more than 40 miles inland.
    Nice to hear Danno, but there doesn't seem to be any precip around here according to the radar unfortunately:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Might be a shower kicking off over the Slieve Blooms soon... keep an eye out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Not only is there no sign of snow, its about 4c. At least its cloudy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Hi all!
    Still lurking around the weather forum after the snow event over Jan!!
    Anyway, it is currently snowing here outside Enniskillen as if there's no tomorrow!! In all my life I have never seen so much snow, must be at least 4 inches and it's still continuing to fall!! All the trees, and power lines are covered as well. I've never seen anything like it. The main road from Donegal -Dublin is eerily quiet, haven't heard a single car, lorry , or bus pass on what is normally one of the busiest routes in Co. Fermanagh. I will try and see if I can take a few photos and post them here later.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Hi all!
    Anyway, it is currently snowing here outside Enniskillen as if there's no tomorrow!! In all my life I have never seen so much snow, must be at least 4 inches and it's still continuing to fall!! All the trees, and power lines are covered as well. I've never seen anything like it. The main road from Donegal -Dublin is eerily quiet, haven't heard a single car, lorry , or bus pass on what is normally one of the busiest routes in Co. Fermanagh. I will try and see if I can take a few photos and post them here later.

Good stuff - looks like a pretty hefty slow moving shower over you at the moment.

-2.6c here and clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

No idea if it fell overnight as rain, sleet or wet snow but it was wet (black ice) on the roads and cars in Cork City this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

For the east today, with 950hPa (~330m) temperatures of +1 or +2°C and 850hPa ThetaW of +2°C, conditions would still suggest snow above about ~200-250m.

10021712_1700.gif

10021712_1700.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Bright morning in Dublin's city centre, not much cloud around. It was -2 at 7am in D16 this morning so the anticipated drop in temps has happened. Once again hard to imagine snow during the daytime in the Dublin area today, tonight might bring something different though but is probably unlikely at low levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KathleenF

Snow this morning for about 15 minutes in West Cork - really thick wet heavy snow but no staying power I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

KathleenF wrote: »
    Snow this morning for about 15 minutes in West Cork - really thick wet heavy snow but no staying power I'd say.

whereabouts in west cork? could see showers on the radar alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Hi all!

That's brilliant! Great to see low level snow is possible today. I'm looking at a large shower that has exploded into life just a mile or 2 off the North Down coast here - it looks like it's just going to miss me though :rolleyes: If it did reach here, it should fall as snow - the current air temp/dew point is 0.9C/-0.3C

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭pauldry

snowed in ballymote but slushy stuff enormous snowflakes as I drove through Gurteen. They were like baby snowballs

• Advertisement

very quiet on here today - has the optimism for snow yesterday been diminished by overnight charts? Mt Cranium's forecast still has ground for optimism if we can get precipitation at some stage later in the week.

11c at the moment in the belly button of Ireland (according to IWN) :eek:

105405.jpg

Micro-climate...:pac:

very quiet on here today - has the optimism for snow yesterday been diminished by overnight charts? Mt Cranium's forecast still has ground for optimism if we can get precipitation at some stage later in the week.

There has been falls of snow around Tyrone and Fermanagh reasonably appreciable amounts.

With the low slowly moving precip is going to move around very slowly.

Were still in the same position.

Right now the cold is beginning to push southwards, and will be complete by this evening.

Saturday is consistently being pinpointed for a possible event with charts showing a shortwave pushing across the country in the morning and through the day with snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

nothing to get excited about here in meath :(
    looks like any snowfall wont be happening around here,yet again!!!!!!
    getting fed up waiting,worst snow fall winter around here for years.
    roll on the long evenings and warm sunshine at this stage.(not really a bit of reverse psychology) :rolleyes:

11c at the moment in the belly button of Ireland (according to IWN) :eek:

105405.jpg

Micro-climate...:pac:

seems a bit out of kilter alright! i wonder whats happening in coleraine on owenc's hill - rumour has it they're applying for the winter olympics shortly given 2010 snowfall levels.

What's really a kick in the teeth it that a big bash of snow is likely to hit central England tomorrow.

And that happens by sheer luck.:rolleyes:

We are struggling for precip over Ireland until possibly Saturday, showers etc yes but no prolonged stuff by the looks of stuff at the moment

jambofc wrote: »
    nothing to get excited about here in meath :(
    looks like any snowfall wont be happening around here,yet again!!!!!!
    getting fed up waiting,worst snow fall winter around here for years.
    roll on the long evenings and warm sunshine at this stage.(not really a bit of reverse psychology) :rolleyes:

Same here Jambofc. Roll on summer is right. This constant chill is getting wearisome at this stage. It is not even an interesting cold, just standard uncomfortable stuff which does not promise anything special down the line. My thoughts are increasingly turning to warm summer evenings, warm summer showers and dramatic sky scapes. Winter 09/10, be off with you, we've had enough of your false promises.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭arctictree

Some hefty radar echoes off the Louth coast. I wonder if any will make it inland or head south. The animation shows them as very static.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭Speak Now

seems a bit out of kilter alright! i wonder whats happening in coleraine on owenc's hill - rumour has it there applying for the winter olympics shortly given 2010 snowfall levels.

He's on irelandsweather forum prediciting an ice day :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

What's really a kick in the teeth it that a big bash of snow is likely to hit central England tomorrow.

And that happens by sheer luck.:rolleyes:

We are struggling for precip over Ireland until possibly Saturday, showers etc yes but no prolonged stuff by the looks of stuff at the moment

Yeah, but temps over southern England will be quite mild, 7 or 8c tomorrow, so snow confined to northern edge of band. At least we should stay on the colder side (and hopefully get a few showers blown in from the Irish Sea).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement