Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    Sallins/Naas area...

Looking for a very Junior Hurling / Football club to join haven't played in years...
    Sallins have a junior hurling team, their footballers are Intermediate but they have a B team too.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Ratoath GAA Club, based in Ratoath Co Meath, are inviting both male and female footballers, hurlers, camog's to start January in style by getting involved with one of Meath's most successful clubs, Awarded Meath Club of the Year 2012 . Based just off the M50, Juntion 5 on the M3 or Junction 3 on the M2. Ratoath have teams at all levels with football teams at Intermediate and Junior levels and Intermediate in hurling, camogie and Ladies Football, catering for all players regardless of ability or experience.

With top class facilities, including floodlit all-weather pitch, 3 adult grass pitches, new state-of-the-art gym to open Feb 2013, sports hall, club bar available to all members, why not get in touch with us today!

To get in contact with Ratoath, simply visit our website, www.Ratoathgaa.ie, Email: ratoathgaa@eircom.net or Tel: 01 8027744.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭bener

Hi there,
    I sent an email to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭anbodhran

I've recently moved to the Dublin 14 area and am looking to at least train and possibly join a club in the area.

I'd be coming back to the game after a couple of years out travelling, so I'd be expecting to play a little bit of intermediate before regaining some fitness to be considered for the seniors.

If anyone had any advice on the matter or contacts I'd appreciate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 castleknock hurling

anbodhran wrote: »
    I've recently moved to the Dublin 14 area and am looking to at least train and possibly join a club in the area.

I'd be coming back to the game after a couple of years out travelling, so I'd be expecting to play a little bit of intermediate before regaining some fitness to be considered for the seniors.

If anyone had any advice on the matter or contacts I'd appreciate.

Is it for hurling or football? We can probably facilitate you either way.
    if you're happy to travel (and we have a few lads coming from that side of the city) then get in touch on castleknockhurling@gmail.com and I'll fill you in on the details.
    I've post about a page back giving some of the details of the club but drop me an e-mail and we'll see if we can do anything.

• Advertisement

if you're happy to travel (and we have a few lads coming from that side of the city) then get in touch on castleknockhurling@gmail.com and I'll fill you in on the details.
    I've post about a page back giving some of the details of the club but drop me an e-mail and we'll see if we can do anything.

Thanks very much. It'd be for football.

anbodhran wrote: »
    Thanks very much. It'd be for football.

Grand, as you may know the first team footballers are currently in the junior all-Ireland club semi final so I don't think they're looking for any late recruits to the team right now :D but the second and third team are back doing preseason along with some first team lads coming back form injury so if you email me your number, I'll pass it on to the football mentors and someone will be in touch

Grand, as you may know the first team footballers are currently in the junior all-Ireland club semi final so I don't think they're looking for any late recruits to the team right now :D but the second and third team are back doing preseason along with some first team lads coming back form injury so if you email me your number, I'll pass it on to the football mentors and someone will be in touch

Thanks for getting back in touch.

To be honest, your 2nds and 3rds would probably be a bit lower than what I'd be aiming for. I'm a former county U21 coming back from a period away, so a junior outfit wouldn't be a great fit for me. Best of luck with the whole project though - ye seem to be making great strides.

I'm conscious about hogging the thread, so please feel free to PM me if you want folks. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Where abouts in Castleknock is your grounds? Is it easily accesible by public transport? I am thinking on joining a junior club but would be travelling from the Stoneybatter area on bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wanderers ballyboden

I am involved with the Ballyboden Wanderers based in the Dublin 14/16/24 area and we are looking for new players for the upcoming season. We are training 4 times a week at the moment for preseason and would welcome players of all levels to come up and have a look. We have an ex Kerry intercounty player training and managing the teams so the training is top quality. If you are interested you can contact me at mthompson@jamestown.net

• Advertisement

Where abouts in Castleknock is your grounds? Is it easily accesible by public transport? I am thinking on joining a junior club but would be travelling from the Stoneybatter area on bus.

The grounds are about a 10 minute walk from the carpenter pub in Carpenterstown, or about 20 minutes walk from Coolmine train station. I think it's the 37 comes out from Stoneybatter, there's definitely a bus stop directly outside the carpenter anyway, I can check and find out for you if you like.

Is it hurling or football or both you'd be interested in?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 The middle inch

Ballyfermot De La Salle mens football.

Ballyfermot De La Salle have two mens team who play in divisions 7 and 10 in Dublin. The club has just commenced training for the new season and would be delighted to welcome any new players interested in playing ball. Players of any ability and indeed players who have not played gaelic football previously are welcome to join up. Training takes place on Tuesday and Thursday nights at 7 normally at The Gaels pitches. If anyone is looking for further details, you can send me a pm, or have a look at the Ballyfermot De La Salle GAA Club Facebook page or follow the club on Twitter @BallyfermotDLS. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 failer

Innisfails in Balgriffin are back on the hunt for players this year for our Div 5 football team. Based near the N32 and just off the Malahide Rd we have excellent facilities with a fully floodlit all weather pitch good enough for even the Dublin Senior Team to avail of for their training this year. So you could expect to be training along side some of the biggest names in Dublin Football. The Dubs aint bad either....lol.
    If you are interested in popping along to one of our sessions on a Tuesday or a Thursday evening then please feel free and ask for me (Tony) or reply here and we can have a chat.

Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Mike O' Brien

celtic123 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just moved to dublin am looking for a hurling time to train with during the week. I play hurling for a club in sligo so looking for somewhere that the standard isn't too high:)

Based in the north side, hope ye can help!

Raheny junior hurling ain't bad. Pm for info

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pbob

hi guys im moving to london in 6 weeks and i wanna keep up the hurling im not the gr8est but ill do a job :) i play junior-intermediate hurling in Kerry at the moment and i was wondering what would be the best club to go to travel wise and some hints and tips. ill be living in South gate near the tube station (north london near enfield) at the start. iv seen a few on google maps but dont know witch 1 to pick. Thanks guys, PS i dont have a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cunnine3

Club: St Brendan's
    Level: Junior Football and Hurling
    Hi all

St Brendan’s hurlers are recruiting for the 2013 season.
    We are located in Grangegorman. Close to the pheonix park, Phibsboro, Glasnevin, Drumcondra and the centre of town.

We’re a small club – largely run by the players, for the players – located in Grangegorman. We feild 2 football and 1 hurling team.

The club has a rich history and at present we hurl in AHL Division 6 and Junior C Championship. Our football teams are in Division 8 and 10 North City. We’ve had some success in the recent past, winning two league titles and making it as far as the Championship final in 2010. We’re looking to build on this in the coming year and are seeking new players to join the effort.

So if you’re looking to return to hurling or football, or indeed interested in giving it a spin for the first time, St Brendan’s is the club for you.

We’re drawn from across the country and while we take our hurling seriously, there’s a lively social side to the club too.

We’re conveniently located in Grangegorman, between Smithfield and North Circular Road and accessible by a range of public transport options.

So if you’re interested, or would like some further information PM me or drop an email to stbrendans.hurlers@gmail.com or eugenej.cunningham@gmail.com. We're back training in late January so hope to see some of ye then!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

Based in Rathmines looking for a football club to at least train with possibly join - looking at junior level havent played in 3 or 4 years. PM me if ye know of anywhere near -

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jack Kiernan

Great idea

Over the last few months we've seen quite a number of threads popping up where people are either looking for a new club to join, or a poster representing a club wants to advertise for new players and the like. With that in mind we've set up this new thread so posters can either spread the word about who they play for, or find out more about other GAA clubs without cluttering the rest of the forum.

If this is successful we would hope that in time this will be a great reference guide for people to find out as much information as possible about the clubs in their area. As well as that, if anyone is looking for a club to join in a particular county just give a shout out here and something should crop up. Any threads in the future advertising a certain club will be merged into this one, and I've also posted up a little template if people wish to use that as a starting point to telling us a bit about the club and what you do!

Same rules apply as per the rest of the forum, no spamming, no posting of personal details, particularly if you wish to exchange mobile numbers please do so via PM.

Club Name:
    Level played:
    Contact details:
    Any other info:
    [/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jack Kiernan

that s a great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Perth Shamrocks hurling Club

Club Name: Perth Shamrocks Hurling Club
    Code hurling
    Level played: Senior
    Contact details: perthshamrocks@gmail.com
    Any other info.

Perth Shamrocks Hurling club is welcoming players of all abilities as well as volunteers, trainers, and new fans to join the club for the 2013 season.
    Training starts on Tuesday 19th of February at RA Cooke reserve Morley at 6.30pm and training will continue each Tuesday and Thursday. The venue may change so please contact the club for updates.

As a Club we have built up a network of contacts that can provide advice on visas, work, travel and accommodation.

For more information feel free to contact us:
    Facebook - Perth Shamrocks Hurling Club
    E-mail - perthshamrocks@gmail.com
    Gerard Dinan 044 972 1001
    Ger Mullally 040 700 0071
    Nick McNamara 042 451 5337

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Perth Shamrocks hurling Club

Perth Shamrocks Hurling club is welcoming players of all abilities as well as volunteers, trainers, and new fans to join the club for the 2013 season.
    Training starts on Tuesday 19th of February at RA Cooke reserve Morley at 6.30pm and training will continue each Tuesday and Thursday. The venue may change so please contact the club for updates.

As a Club we have built up a network of contacts that can provide advice on visas, work, travel and accommodation.

Facebook - Perth Shamrocks Hurling Club
    E-mail - perthshamrocks@gmail.com
    Gerard Dinan 044 972 1001
    Ger Mullally 040 700 0071
    Nick McNamara 042 451 5337

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cearrbhach

Club Name: Dorset GAA
    Code Football
    Level played: Junior
    Contact details:
    Any other info.

Hi guys, we are looking for anybody who wants to give the game ago. It would be great to get a mens & Ladies team up and running. The first session is this Sunday 10th March at 11.00am. We have the development officer from the county coming down to take the session so come down and take part. The session will take place at Queens Park Golf Course, Queens Park West Drive, Bournemouth BH8 9bY. Its close to Fitness First. Everybody welcome so spread the word and bring a friend!!

For information the Facebook page is

Facebook - Dorset GAA - http://www.facebook.com/DorsetGaagaelicathleticassociationengland
    http://www.facebook.com/BournemouthIrishSociety

• Registered Users Posts: 2 s_hannon

Are you living or working in dublin 4 or surrounding areas?

Have you an interest in Joining a well established ladies football set up?
    Are you a confident player?
    Maybe you have never played before and are looking for a new challenge?
    If so, we have a team for you.
    Clanna Gael Fontenoy are recruiting Ladies of all abilities,standards and ages to come train with our Junior or Senior team.

Think your interested? Maybe you would you like to come down and try for one night to see how you feel about it? No problem.

We train every Monday and Wednesday nights.
    Junior: 7-8pm
    Senior: 7:30-8:30 pm

serenahannon@yahoo.ie or on 0857562466 (text for a call back)

Clanna Gael Fontenoy,
    Sean Moore Road,
    Ringsend,
    Dublin 4

find us on facebook and twitter..
    Clanna gael Fontenoy

• Registered Users Posts: 2 s_hannon

Are you living or working in dublin 4 or surrounding areas?

Have you an interest in Joining a well established ladies football set up?
    Are you a confident player?
    Maybe you have never played before and are looking for a new challenge?
    If so, we have a team for you.
    Clanna Gael Fontenoy are recruiting Ladies of all abilities,standards and ages to come train with our Junior or Senior team.

Think your interested? Maybe you would you like to come down and try for one night to see how you feel about it? No problem.

We train every Monday and Wednesday nights.
    Junior: 7-8pm
    Senior: 7:30-8:30 pm

serenahannon@yahoo.ie or on 0857562466 (text for a call back)

Clanna Gael Fontenoy,
    Sean Moore Road,
    Ringsend,
    Dublin 4

find us on facebook and twitter..
    Clanna gael Fontenoy

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rossie4ever

Hi all,

Looking to join Kilmacud Crokes gaa club to improve my fitness but can't find any info on who to contact from their website?
    I haven't played gaelic in about 7 years and to be honest I wasn't that great so just wondering does anyone know does the club have teams that cater for all levels??
    I would be grateful if anyone could help me.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eireoglondon

Have you recently moved to London or a looking at moving over? We maybe able to assist you with getting work.

Eire Og London's newest and most central club are currently recruiting players for the players for the coming season.

The club is fortunate to have excellent facilities at our disposal. We have use of the latest generation of floodlit astroturf pitch, a grass pitch, an indoor seven a side hall, changing rooms and secure car parking.

New players and members are welcome to get involved with the club. Contact Paul Maher - Manager - manager@eireoglondon.org. or check out http://eireoglondon.org/newplayers

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Happyturtle00

We are currently looking for new players for our ladies football team.
    All new players welcome :)

Club Name: Ballyboden Wanderers
    Code (hurling/football/handball): Football
    Level played:Junior ladies
    Contact details:Call Louise on 086 8333 587 or email her here louiseoloughlin@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Osmago

Anybody know what Clanna Gael Fontenoy in Ringsend are like for Adult hurling and what the club itself is like?

I can see from their website that they have a senior and junior team. Living nearby in Ranelagh and hoping to play hurling and Clanna Gael seems to be the most convenient for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eireoglondon

Osmago wrote: »
    Anybody know what Clanna Gael Fontenoy in Ringsend are like for Adult hurling and what the club itself is like?

I can see from their website that they have a senior and junior team. Living nearby in Ranelagh and hoping to play hurling and Clanna Gael seems to be the most convenient for me
    Osmago,

Clans are my home club in Dublin. They have a great setup and top class facilities two flood lit pitches etc.

There are good bunch of lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Osmago

Thanks for the reply!

Would you be able to PM me with training details, like if the juniors and seniors train together?....and also maybe name and number of who would be best to get in touch with?

Thanks very much!

Advertisement