Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'd say the lads are passing the ball like crazy at football training, one point for a goal, two points for a kicked point, three points for a handpassed point and five points for a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Gz100 wrote: »
    Hi, I know its very late in the year but im living in the tullamore area recently moved and I am wondering if there are any junior teams to join in the area. a good six years out of practice.

I might be able to put you in contact with someone. Hurling/football? Where abouts in the Tullamore area? There are lots of clubs around Tullamore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Lola18

I'm 23 and looking for a camogie or ladies football club. Living in citywest bit dont drive so saggart area or Tallaght area would suit best. Appreciate any suggestion anyone might have.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Gz100

The Bogman wrote: »
    I might be able to put you in contact with someone. Hurling/football? Where abouts in the Tullamore area? There are lots of clubs around Tullamore

TBH I dont mind which, I use to play both codes when I was younger, I am living in the town itself.cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Banner GAA Ennis are starting a senior camogie club in September
    First training September 7th
    Further details from their Facebook page
    No real experience required :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Jaker

Hi.

What would be a good club for Hurling in and around Eastpoint - Vincents? I am terribly out of practice (5-6 years at least)

I'm looking for similar, any luck with this one Conor?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Hey am looking for a hurling club to join for next year, am based in Walkinstown!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

B î. Vioviú

• Registered Users Posts: 10,839 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Vanolder wrote: »
    B î. Vioviú

I never leave home without one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 emilys94

Any high enough standard (intermediate or senior) camogie and gaelic teams near NUIG? moving at the end of the month and want to train and maybe transfer over ;) have played county at all grades for wicklow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 harper72

Lola 18

I'm 23 and looking for a camogie or ladies football club. Living in citywest bit dont drive so saggart area or Tallaght area would suit best. Appreciate any suggestion anyone might have.

If you are in the tallaght direction you should try Thomas Davis as they offer both ladies football and camogie. They have two ladies football teams one at senior and one at junior. The senior team won the all Ireland club championship last year. They would accommodate you on either team. They are also a dual club who offer camogie. If you want more details you can email thomasdavisladiesfootball@hotmail.com who I am sure will gladly show you around their facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Hi guys,

I am looking for a camogie or ladies football team around beaumont, dublin 9 or 5. I haven't played in about ten years so i would be at beginners level basically. Anyone know any clubs that would be suitable for someone like me?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

emilys94 wrote: »
    Any high enough standard (intermediate or senior) camogie and gaelic teams near NUIG? moving at the end of the month and want to train and maybe transfer over ;) have played county at all grades for wicklow!

From my understanding you can't actually get a transfer on the basis going away for college. If you do manage do, Salthill, St James' and St Michael's play senior. Depends really on where you're living in Galway but all 3 clubs are only a bus ride from the city.
    More likely to get game time at St Michael's though. Salthill have teams at senior, inter & junior, and are current county champs, while James' are on the back of plenty under-age success at both minor & U-21 titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 certain

I've a friend looking to play/train with a ladies football team somewhere around Clonskeagh/UCD. Any suggestions? Ideally a club with an Inter/Senior team as she's looking to improve from the training. Thanks!

Our ladies GAA teams (Senior and Junior) train in UCD so would be a good option. New players are always welcome, even for training

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Thanks Certain! I've passed on that number. What club is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 moctodliamg

Been working in Dublin for the past 2 years, looking for a hurling team to join up with in Dublin.

I'm 24, from Cork. Living in city centre, working in Saggart, so willing to travel.

Played to minor level with a Junior club in Cork.

Haven't played in a few years so fitness needs to improve but willing to put in the effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 certain

Moctodliamg,
    I recommend St Brendans, based in the grounds of St Brendans Hospital. Good club and great lads- mostly from the country.
    You could walk to their pitch from city centre.
    DIT are moving in there and the facilities are being improved for that also.
    They have a good social scene as well.
    PM me if interested and I can give u a contact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Any South Tipp football clubs looking for players? Asking for my brother, he's currently 24 and hasn't played football since secondary. Looking for a club to get back into things/to start with. Good fitness level. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

any football clubs training around Birr co offaly , i'm struggling to find a club to train with after moving down this month

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭El Viz

I'll probably have better luck posting this here.
    Well I never gave up playing cause I never actually started. I was more content watching, even back in my school days.

I'm actually a fit person and workout a lot, so I'm wondering if there is any hope for this 30 year old to finally start soloing with any amount of respect?

Based in the Dublin city centre area and will to travel in order to find a suitable club.

• Advertisement

El Viz wrote: »
    I'll probably have better luck posting this here.
    Well I never gave up playing cause I never actually started. I was more content watching, even back in my school days.

I'm actually a fit person and workout a lot, so I'm wondering if there is any hope for this 30 year old to finally start soloing with any amount of respect?

Based in the Dublin city centre area and will to travel in order to find a suitable club.

Realt Dearg. We're based in Terenure, and plenty of our players came to the game late. I like to think that we are very welcoming of people of all abilities, and that you'll be glad you came down and gave it a go. If you don't do it, you'll have all your life to wonder if you would have enjoyed it. By all means come down, train, have the craic. It's a great sport to be a part of, no matter what club you go to, but here I can guarantee you wouldn't be alone in never having played, would be made feel welcome, and would be part of a club that has a team playing at the lowest grade (don't be fooled though, there's no such thing as recreational hurling like 5 a side soccer, the intensity will be there either way). www.realtdearg.ie contacts section has phone numbers for the committee, and email addresses etc. Get in touch lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Is there any kind of winter hurling league in Dublin?

Deedsie wrote: »
    Is there any kind of winter hurling league in Dublin?

No. The regular league often drags on into the winter, but they've never intentionally ran a league that time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 10 steno

Erin Go Bragh GAA looking for players in Dublin 15.
    Our league winning hurlers are looking for new players for next season. We are based in the Clonee/Littlepace/Castaheaney/Ongar area of Dublin 15 and we have been hurling since 2007. Our team is made up of local players and players from the hurling counties of Tipperary, Cork, Limerick, Waterford, Galway, Offaly, Laois as well as the strongholds of Kildare. Meath, Carlow, Sligo, Mayo and Armagh. Anyone interested can contact Gareth Dalton 0876995134 or Karl Johnson 0872352074 we're also on facebook, twitter and our website eringobraghgaa.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10 steno

Forgot to mention the Erin Go Bragh Ladies Section are looking for players too!. Based in Littlepace/Castaheaney/Ongar/Clonee in Dublin 15. Any one interested can contact Kevin 0878220612 or Ciara 0879147154 or drop a pm to me or check out our website facebook or twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 7 colmcille

Club Name : Naomh Colmcille CLG

(Off the Balheary Road opposite the old Motorola Building).

Code : Football

Level played : Junior

Contact details : colmcillechair@hotmail.com, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Naomh-Colmcille-CLG/116051948138?sk=photos#!/colmcilles.bar?fref=ts

Any other info : We're always looking for Players for our Adult Junior team (Training Tuesday & Thursday @ 7pm) & We have Juvenile Training on Saturday Mornings from 12-1pm & are looking for Children aged between 9 and 12 to join us.

Facilities : Our Club House has a large hall, full changing facilities & has recently been extended to include new conference rooms, we have a Floodlit training area beside our Pitch.

We have full bar facilities which are open every night & are available to hire for functions, our hall & conference rooms are also available to hire for use by different groups in our local community. We currently hire out to groups ranging from Irish Dance classes to Dog Training & Bird shows.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2 evan123

Looking for a team to play hurling and possibly football for in 2014 at junior , u21 and minor level . Based in south tipp but willing to travel anywhere in tipp waterford and possibly carlow , laois or east cork . Sorry if i have done this wrong as i am new to boards !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭Gael85

[B]St James Gaels GAA 2014
    St James Gaels 2014
    Club Name:St James Gaels[/B]
    Location:Iveagh Grounds,Crumlin Rd,Dublin12.Areas recruit from:Walkinstown,Drimnagh,Crumlin,Dollphins Barn,Kimmage,Harold Cross,The Liberties,Kilmainham,Bluebell
    Code (football): Gaelic Football
    Level played:Junior A(Junior A Championship/Division 6 League),Junior B(Junior D Championship/Division 10 South League),Minor,U16,U14,U12,U10,U8
    Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels will commence pre season training for next season in January and we are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club.We have 2 progressing adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior B team. We are based southside in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 15-20 minutes from city centre.http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact 27,56a,77a,151 buses pass the pitch,17,18,121,122,123,150 buses go near the pitch as well.
    We have excellent floodlight training facilities,astro pitch training pitch and floodlite pitch.

Both Junior teams are looking to progress a step further next year,first team won Junior B championship last year and are looking to get promoted in league next year. The second team won cup this season and will also seeking to gain promotion next season.

We will be starting training in early January and train every Monday and Wednesday nights in Iveagh Grounds Crumlin Road at 7.30pm,we have a mix of players from all over the country Kerry, Laois,Cork,Mayo,Galway,Clare,Donegal ,Sligo,Down and even a couple of Austrailians.We also enjoy and organise many social events/fundraisers throughout the year(including end of season trip) so all welcome to play or even train.For more info please contact email: info@stjamesgaels.com

http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact
    https://www.facebook.com/StJamesGaels
    http://www.stjamesgaels.com/home/club-shop

Junior A contact
    aaronirl@hotmail.com
    Junior B contact
    axelf82@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭coolock94

im interested in going back into Gaelic football after 4 years out of it im 19 and am an average player used to play for innis fails,,, looking for somewhere in coolock or close by...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

coolock94 wrote: »
    im interested in going back into Gaelic football after 4 years out of it im 19 and am an average player used to play for innis fails,,, looking for somewhere in coolock or close by...

If you don't want to go back to Innisfails I suppose Parnells are the next closest to you. Top class facilities (really top class) and would have Senior and some junior teams so they could cater for whatever standard you are at.

Advertisement