Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Pineapple202

Hi I'm looking t o join a gaelic ladies team in south dublin. Living in Dun Laoghaire so anywhere in the surrounding areas. Im my late 20's, was fairly decent back in school but well out of practice now so mainly looking for a club not expecting amazing talent! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Hi I'm looking t o join a gaelic ladies team in south dublin. Living in Dun Laoghaire so anywhere in the surrounding areas. Im my late 20's, was fairly decent back in school but well out of practice now so mainly looking for a club not expecting amazing talent! Thanks

Cuala would be the closest to you. Their clubhouse in based in Dalkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

I'm looking for a football club to join near University of Limerick where I attend. The college doesn't have a team to suit my level.

What would be the football club nearest to UL? I'm only 19 so I just want to play junior/reserve/u21 level to keep my skills up - training is my priority.

I know it's late in the season but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 YOUNGGUN

Hi All,

I'm in my late 20's (nearly 30!) living in the Cabinteely / Dun Laoghaire area and looking to get back into football after an absence of nearly 4 years.

Due to work and study commitments I've put 'going back to play' on the to do list for too long.

I played on University team and a little Inter County, but haven't kicked a ball in a long time. Still heading to the gym and that but not doing any mental training. Would love to get at it again, however erratic work pattern can be difficult to overcome at times.

Any suggestions and/or contacts for a club that would accommodate a washed up "Gawson" needing a good kick up the arse in South Dublin??

YOUNGGUN wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm in my late 20's (nearly 30!) living in the Cabinteely / Dun Laoghaire area and looking to get back into football after an absence of nearly 4 years.

Due to work and study commitments I've put 'going back to play' on the to do list for too long.

I played on University team and a little Inter County, but haven't kicked a ball in a long time. Still heading to the gym and that but not doing any mental training. Would love to get at it again, however erratic work pattern can be difficult to overcome at times.

Any suggestions and/or contacts for a club that would accommodate a washed up "Gawson" needing a good kick up the arse in South Dublin??

Kilmacud Crokes I would say would suit you best. Not that far away from you and would have teams to cater for all levels.

What level would you say you are? Senior, Inter, Junior??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Gael85

Gael85 wrote: »
    St James Gaels 2012
    Club Name:St James Gaels
    Location:Iveagh Grounds,Crumlin Rd,Dublin12.Areas recruit from:Walkinstown,Drimnagh,Crumlin,Kimmage,Harold Cross,The Liberties
    Code (football): Gaelic Football
    Level played:Junior A,Junior C,Minor,U16,U14,U12,U10,U8
    Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels will commence pre season training for next season in January and we are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club.We have 2 progressing adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior C team. We are based southside in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 15-20 minutes from city centre. 27,56,56a,77a,151 buses pass the pitch,17,18,121,122,123,150 buses go near the pitch as well.
    We have excellent floodlight training facilities,astro pitch training pitch and floodlite pitch.

Both Junior teams had a decent season in 2011 and will be looking to progress a step further next year,first team just missed out on promotion and got to semi final of junior championship and second team lost out in promotion playoff game.

We will be starting training on 9th January and train every monday and wednesday nights in Iveagh Grounds Crumlin Road at 7.30pm,we have a mix of players from all over the country Kerry, Laois,Cork,Mayo,Galway,Clare,Donegal ,Sligo,Down and even a couple of Austrailians.We also enjoy and organise many social events/fundraisers throughout the year(including end of season trip) so all welcome to train or play.For more info please contact me @axelf82@hotmail.com

http://www.stjamesgaels.com/

St James Gaels Junior C team still looking for new players,must be able to train at least once a week, training Mon&Wed nights and playing challenge games up to end of November and then back training first week in January.
    any more info email Aidan axelf82@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 28 hurler123

anyone recommend Faughs?do they have many teams,train hard etc......

• Registered Users Posts: 4 _and_

hurler123 wrote: »
    anyone recommend Faughs?do they have many teams,train hard etc......

Senior and Junior A, C and D.

In response to your questions on the other thread, there's a strong juvenile section now bringing lads through so there'd be a mixture of home grown talent and country fellas.

There'd still be a good KK contingent knocking around though. KK would be well represented in both management and players with the Seniors this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Osmago

Would anyone here recomend joining Kilmacud Crokes hurling club?

Here's a bit of a background on myself......

I'm only 22 but have played Senior Hurling for a club in Cork since I was 18, albeit a panel member for the most part and playing championship for the Junior A team. I've recently moved to Dublin, Ranelagh to be precise. Kilmacud Crokes are relatively close to me (I would get the Luas). Are they the best club to join for me?? I know they only won the county the other day so I have a couple of months to think about it anyway.

Any info/feedback would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Osmago wrote: »
    Would anyone here recomend joining Kilmacud Crokes hurling club?

Here's a bit of a background on myself......

I'm only 22 but have played Senior Hurling for a club in Cork since I was 18, albeit a panel member for the most part and playing championship for the Junior A team. I've recently moved to Dublin, Ranelagh to be precise. Kilmacud Crokes are relatively close to me (I would get the Luas). Are they the best club to join for me?? I know they only won the county the other day so I have a couple of months to think about it anyway.

Any info/feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Crokes would be one of the best clubs in the area in terms of strength of the team to be fair. The only issue you might have is the competition for places if you weren't yet established on the senior team. They would have teams lower down the divisions to be fair so you could find one to suit you.

If you had any interest in helping a newly formed club up the ranks then I'm currently with Realt Dearg. We're based in Terenure and train in Bushy Park. We started the club from scratch and have won two promotions to get up to Junior D and Division 7 in League. A far cry from challenging for your place on a senior team in Cork but if you were interested in hurling with a new club made up of predominantly country fellas then we'd love to have you. Please email realtdearg.hurlingclub@gmail.com or visit www.realtdearg.ie if you want more info or are interested in coming down to chat.

If you are set on hurling Senior/Inter maybe conside Naomh Olafs, Ballyboden St Enda's along with Crokes as they would be your nearest clubs at that level to the best of my knowledge. Hope you find a good fit anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Osmago

Thanks for the quick reply! With all due respect and without trying to sound arrogant I think I want to be playing at a higher level than Junior D. But thanks all the same for the invitation!

Crokes seems to be an option in fairness, must just have a think about/make a few calls. I'd be haooy enough playing Intermediate or whatever grade their second team is.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

No problem, I figured as much but said I'd be foolish not to mention my own club! Crokes have 4 adult teams right down to Junior D as far as I know so you'll fit in with one of them if you want to join them. Someone was on here from Crokes a few days ago I think so can probably give you details about them. Fingers crossed we'll continue our climb up the divisions and meet you in Junior A or Inter in a few years. Good luck with it!

Actually no it was someone from Faugh's on here the other day. Sorry!

Thanks for the quick reply! With all due respect and without trying to sound arrogant I think I want to be playing at a higher level than Junior D. But thanks all the same for the invitation!

Crokes seems to be an option in fairness, must just have a think about/make a few calls. I'd be haooy enough playing Intermediate or whatever grade their second team is.

Crokes have Senior A, Senior B & Junior A teams which I am sure could cater for you. Looking at about a 15minute walk from the Stillorgan Luas Stop to Crokes Clubhouse. Slightly shorter walk from Sandyford Luas to their other pitches in Silver Park.

If you need a contact for a particular team give me a shout. Should be able to hook you up.

Someone mentioned Olafs too. They would be closer to the Stillorgan Luas stop. Their first team would be on a par with Crokes second team. Olafs beat Crokes second team in the Senior B Quarter Final just a few weeks back before losing in the semi to Ballybodens 'B' team.

Hope that helps.

Can also get you a number for Olafs if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Advertising a club.
    Cumann Warszawa in Warsaw. Mens and Ladies teams. If anyone knows anyone heading to Poland/living in Poland then please let them know.
    Every extra player is very valuable to us.
    Training each week, tournament trips and a club with an amazing atmophere.
    For more details please pm. Club has facebook page with more details and photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pearseschicago

Chicago GAA

If you are interested in playing Gaelic Football in Chicago get in touch with the Padraig Pearse GAA Club. We are based on the north side of Chicago within easy reach of Wrigleyville and downtown and are made up of members from across Ireland. With the introduction of the J-Visa we have increased numbers of younger members and as a tightly knit club we enjoy a healthy social life both during the on and off season!

We are the current Chicago Junior Champions and are interested in hearing from any players coming to Chicago. For the many new J-Visa arrivals, becoming involved with a GAA club is an excellent way of making contacts and helping to settle into the city.

For further information we can be contacted by a variety of means:

E-mail: Padraig_pearse_chicago@hotmail.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Padraig-Pearse-GAA-Club-Chicago/326394434528
    Twitter: @PearsesChicago

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭westsidestory

Any Dublin based lads wanting to play Adult football in 2013 ??

We are Geraldine P. Moran's GAA club based in Cornelscourt, Co. Dublin.
    We are near Foxrock, Deansgrange, Cabinteely, Blackrock, Dún Laoghaire, Stillorgan, Monkstown, Cherrywood, etc. and have a good mix of local and country lads incl. lads coming from various parts of the city.

We play Junior football and are putting in a push to get promoted in the coming year. If you have any queries email me on : donalloflatharta@gmail.com or PM me here.

Our underage setup is starting to filter promising footballers through to our adult team but we would like to strengthen our team/panel for the season/s ahead. Last year we finished 3rd in our league, knocked out in semi final of championship and were pipped in cup final after leading throughout ! A good welcoming atmosphere pervades in the club, at training lads from country clubs train with us and feel right at home.

Have you been looking to get involved in a Dublin GAA club ?
    Have you been out of football for a few years ?
    Do you want to get fit in a fun, welcoming, well organised environment ?

Why not join us and see what we have to offer !!

donalloflatharta@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3 St Brendans Hurlers

Club: St Brendan's
    Level: AHL 6 / Junior C

Hi all

St Brendan’s hurlers are recruiting for the 2013 season.

We’re a small club – largely run by the players, for the players – located in Grangegorman.

The club has a rich history and at present we hurl in AHL Division 6 and Junior C Championship. We’ve had some success in the recent past, winning two league titles and making it as far as the Championship final in 2010. We’re looking to build on this in the coming year and are seeking new players to join the effort.

So if you’re looking to return to hurling, or indeed interested in giving it a spin for the first time, St Brendan’s is the club for you.

We’re drawn from across the country and while we take our hurling seriously, there’s a lively social side to the club too.

We’re conveniently located in Grangegorman, between Smithfield and North Circular Road and accessible by a range of public transport options.

So if you’re interested, or would like some further information PM me or drop an email to stbrendans.hurlers@gmail.com. We're back training in late January so hope to see some of ye then!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭westsidestory

Bump...
    Any Dublin based lads wanting to play Adult football in 2013 ??

We are Geraldine P. Moran's GAA club based in Cornelscourt, Co. Dublin.
    We are near Foxrock, Deansgrange, Cabinteely, Blackrock, Dún Laoghaire, Stillorgan, Monkstown, Cherrywood, etc. and have a good mix of local and country lads incl. lads coming from various parts of the city.

We play Junior football and are putting in a push to get promoted in the coming year. If you have any queries email me on : donalloflatharta@gmail.com or PM me here.

Our underage setup is starting to filter promising footballers through to our adult team but we would like to strengthen our team/panel for the season/s ahead. Last year we finished 3rd in our league, knocked out in semi final of championship and were pipped in cup final after leading throughout ! A good welcoming atmosphere pervades in the club, at training lads from country clubs train with us and feel right at home.

Have you been looking to get involved in a Dublin GAA club ?
    Have you been out of football for a few years ?
    Do you want to get fit in a fun, welcoming, well organised environment ?

Why not join us and see what we have to offer !!

donalloflatharta@gmail.com
    Bump !

• Registered Users Posts: 7 castleknock hurling

Howaya lads,

Castleknock is a thriving young GAA club in Dublin. We’re currently looking for adult hurlers for the 2013 season. The club was only founded in 1998 so we’re starting to make progress at all adult levels of hurling and football now. Our first team will compete in Division 3 (Intermediate League) and we have 2 teams competing at different levels of Junior so whatever your ability you’ll have the opportunity to swing a stick again.

We have hurlers from all over the country and a promising bunch of lads making the step up from our under-age section. So for any lads based in Dublin, finding the weekly commute just too much, or contemplating a return from a (premature) retirement, we’d be delighted to hear from you.

Just drop a mail to castleknockhurling@gmail.com, let us know what level roughly you think you’d be at and include a phone number and someone will be in touch. We’re based on a fantastic new grounds just off the M50 so we’re accessible from all over Dublin and will do our best to give any help we can with travel for lads.

Have a look at our website http://www.castleknock.net/ and we hope to hear from you soon.

Save the money from the New Year gym membership and come out and do what you really love!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Merging Castleknock thread into this 1.

On a side note, when I lived in Dublin I called down to Castleknock a few times for training, they were a great bunch of people with a real love for the game.

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote: »
    Merging Castleknock thread into this 1.

On a side note, when I lived in Dublin I called down to Castleknock a few times for training, they were a great bunch of people with a real love for the game.

Cheers Clareman, thanks for that, I didn't know there was a thread specifically for this.

I should add that although I'm concerned with getting hurlers into all teams at adult level, there is also a very good football set-up, our first team will play intermediate championship and league also this year and they're currently in the All-Ireland Junior Semi-final at the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭sbs2010

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a kids group (for a 6 yo) up and running at this time of the year? And if so what day,time to turn up? I can't see any specific details on their website.

Thanks,
    Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Luca Brasi

Check out Ballinteer St Johns also. Very welcoming club. Billy Field Cork 1973 is a stalwart of the club. They have made great strides in hurling recently

I'm a 29yr old chap in south Dublin, I'd love to play some football. Barely any exp, schooldays at 14. I'd like to play with some beginners or even an old team 40+ just to get a feel at a slow easy pace.

Any suggestions

Try Ballinteer St Johns. Four adult teams from senior to Div 10

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭bener

Hi lads, I just moved to Dublin and living in Clonskeagh. I'm looking for a hurling club in that area and was thinking about Naomh Olaf as they seem fairly close. I played Senior for a few years in my late teens and early 20's but I gave it up for 5 years and only went back last year. Any suggestions welcome.

bener wrote: »
    Hi lads, I just moved to Dublin and living in Clonskeagh. I'm looking for a hurling club in that area and was thinking about Naomh Olaf as they seem fairly close. I played Senior for a few years in my late teens and early 20's but I gave it up for 5 years and only went back last year. Any suggestions welcome.

if you can travel, i can guarantee a good old country welcome out in castleknock! even if you want to just train for a while before signing for anyone, we'd be delighted to see you. There's no time limit on an inter county transfer so you're under no pressure. Where abouts you from anyway?
    Drop us a line at castleknockhurling@gmail.com if you're interested

• Registered Users Posts: 13 g00217810

Hi All,

Looking for some help from posters on here.

I am trying to arrange training with a football club for 6-8 of us based in Dublin at present. We are predominantly based northside with lads living around Phibsboro, Drumcondra etc.

We can however commute to the likes of Castleknock, Blanch etc.

Any contacts / assistance would be great.

Thanks

bener wrote: »

Check Ballinteer St Johns. They are as near to Clonskeagh as Olafs but I would say that they have a better hurling set up and indeed social scene

g00217810 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Looking for some help from posters on here.

I am trying to arrange training with a football club for 6-8 of us based in Dublin at present. We are predominantly based northside with lads living around Phibsboro, Drumcondra etc.

We can however commute to the likes of Castleknock, Blanch etc.

Any contacts / assistance would be great.

Thanks

no bother at all chief,
    if you want to email me at castleknockhurling@gmail.com with a few details, i'll put you in touch with the footballers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Sallins/Naas area...

Looking for a very Junior Hurling / Football club to join haven't played in years...

Advertisement