Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭otterj

Looking to join a hurling club in South Dublin area.. I know its abit late in the year to be joining but would be grateful to any junior club that may be stuck for players

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Realt Dearg, www.realtdearg.ie Great lads there. Was with them for the 1st three years of the club. Fantastic atmosphere. Just go to the committee section on the site and give any of the lads an email/text/call and they'll give you all the info you want

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

otterj wrote: »
    Looking to join a hurling club in South Dublin area.. I know its abit late in the year to be joining but would be grateful to any junior club that may be stuck for players

Sent you a PM there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mccy02

Club Name: Celbridge Camogie club
    Code : Camogie
    Level played: Junior
    Contact details: celbridgejuniorcamogie@gmail.com

Celbridge camogie club are recruiting for the coming season!! Both seasoned and first time players are welcome.
    Training is Wed at 7.30 and Sat at 11am.

If you want have played before and want to get back into the game, if you are new to the area and looking for a team or if you want to try a new sport, please get in contact at celbridgejuniorcamogie@gmail.com or just come along to training!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 love furniture

Hi!

I would like to know if any youth team is looking for sponsorship.Thank you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 independent mind

Lads,

Looking to join a football club in Dublin. I know it's very late in the year, but I'm desperate, I need it for the training more than anything else. Basically, I'm 26 years old, and played to a good standard with my home club for a long time. However, have been out of the game for years after travelling, work, etc, and am planning to rejoin my home club (a few hours drive away) at some time in the next year or two.

Before that though, I really want to get training and playing to a good standard, to get my confidence back. I live in Rathmines/Harold's Cross area. Any ideas or any clubs looking for lads? I played to a fairly good standard before but it has been a long time, so I would have no qualms about joining whatever club/team wanted me, it's going to be a long road back. However, I am very serious about it and am willing to put in a very big commitment (I have been planning a comeback for years!) so whatever group of lads I join, I promise proper commitment and dedication.

All the best.

Lads,

Looking to join a football club in Dublin. I know it's very late in the year, but I'm desperate, I need it for the training more than anything else. Basically, I'm 26 years old, and played to a good standard with my home club for a long time. However, have been out of the game for years after travelling, work, etc, and am planning to rejoin my home club (a few hours drive away) at some time in the next year or two.

Before that though, I really want to get training and playing to a good standard, to get my confidence back. I live in Rathmines/Harold's Cross area. Any ideas or any clubs looking for lads? I played to a fairly good standard before but it has been a long time, so I would have no qualms about joining whatever club/team wanted me, it's going to be a long road back. However, I am very serious about it and am willing to put in a very big commitment (I have been planning a comeback for years!) so whatever group of lads I join, I promise proper commitment and dedication.

All the best.

Templeogue synge street are very near you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Gael85

Lads,

All the best.

St James Gaels always looking for new players, were based in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Rd
    We have a Junior A and Junior C team. PM if need any info or email axelf82@hotmail.com

http://www.stjamesgaels.com/
    http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cunnine3

Lads,

All the best.

If you'd are interested we (St. Brendans) have 2 Gaelic Football teams (& Hurling and Ladies Gaelic Football) and are based in the centre of town (Grangegorman). If you want you can give me a call on 0861731984 (Eugene) or drop me mail eugenej.cunningham@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

Hi lads.
    Tyrrelstownn GAA club, in Dublin 15 is currently looking for new adult gaelic football players for our mens Junior team.
    We train on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 7.30pm in Blanch IT all weather pitch and usually have matches on Sundays.
    If you are looking to get back playing after a few years out or would like to give Gaelic football a go for the first time then send me a pm.
    They're a great bunch of lads and its a bit of craic. We meet up for a few pints and sambos after the games so the social side of it is good too.
    Now that the weather is improving it's great to have a run around in the evenings!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Comordha

Club Name: Naomh Mearnog
    Code (hurling/football/handball): Hurling
    Level played: Junior C
    Contact details: comordha@gmail.com
    Any other info: Long established junior team looking for anyone who is looking to get back playing or seeking a Northside team to play with. The team plays in the 6th division in the league so standard is not too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,137 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Any junior teams in or around Cork city that I could look into joining? More so for training as I wouldn't be fit right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Hey,

I'm looking for a club in the Dublin 12 area, I live in Drimnagh on the Longmile Road.

I'm looking to join a team at very low level, I play rugby with Clondalkin and haven't played gaa since my teens (26 now). A social team would be perfect, nothing to serious! Thanks

Neil

Realt Dearg sounds like a fit for you. Not too far away from you there I'd say.

www.realtdearg.ie

Realt Dearg sounds like a fit for you. Not too far away from you there I'd say.

www.realtdearg.ie

I agree, send me a PM if you're interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Sorry I should've clarified which game, looking for a football team!

A mate from the rugby club is involved with Liffey Gaels 2nds so might give them a go next week.

Beau wrote: »
    looking for a football team!

Don't worry, nobody's perfect! You'll see the light some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Chah

Good counsel at davitt road have a junior b team. Sound bunch of lads and a good set up... James Gaels either or crumlin gaa

Hey,

I'm looking for a club in the Dublin 12 area, I live in Drimnagh on the Longmile Road.

I'm looking to join a team at very low level, I play rugby with Clondalkin and haven't played gaa since my teens (26 now). A social team would be perfect, nothing to serious! Thanks

Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Sorry I should've clarified which game, looking for a football team!

A mate from the rugby club is involved with Liffey Gaels 2nds so might give them a go next week.

try roberts emmets in walkingstown, they are a good club and always welcome members. they are a junior D side i think. Pm me your details if you want and i can get you in touch with someone

• Registered Users Posts: 5 daveclifton

Looking for a hurling club in South Dublin to train with. Any suggestions

• Advertisement

Looking for a hurling club in South Dublin to train with. Any suggestions

What level would you be, roughly? And whereabouts in South Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭mazroo

Its more of a social thing and fitness thing really. I work in fitness so im not unfit but to look for something more fun to do. Joints are not holdin up so well with road running ect. Am i past it??? I live in D15 area. Any suggustions

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

mazroo wrote: »
    Its more of a social thing and fitness thing really. I work in fitness so im not unfit but to look for something more fun to do. Joints are not holdin up so well with road running ect. Am i past it??? I live in D15 area. Any suggustions

You're never past it! We've over 40s on our gaelic football team in Tyrrelstown, Dublin 15. Pm me if you're interested in coming along to training. We train tues and thursdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 citysol

Hi, I'm moving to Birmingham and looking to join a football club. I haven't played since I was a kid and I'm ****e, so it's more the social and fitness side of it I'm looking for, happy enough to go training and not get a game. I'll be living on the West side (mutha****a) of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭cw girl

I'm living in Rathgar/Harold's cross area and am wondering what is my local club, is Portobello the closest to me? Planning on going along to some games This year and joining the club next year (in an admin, not playing(!) capacity)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hugombarreiros

Hello!
    Im new in Dublin, start to work in here and wont to make some sports, I used to play football and futsal...
    I would love to get a club our a group of people needing someone to play!
    Im living in Dublin 2, so any clubs near that area, our with a near Luas Spot would be fantastic for me.
    Im Portuguese and have 32 years... Any options??
    Thanks for all the help!

Hugo Barreiros

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Hi.

What would be a good club for Hurling in and around Eastpoint - Vincents? I am terribly out of practice (5-6 years at least)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

Very, very late in the year but any junior football clubs in south Dublin looking for players?
    Dundrum region but can travel.

I've a friend looking to play/train with a ladies football team somewhere around Clonskeagh/UCD. Any suggestions? Ideally a club with an Inter/Senior team as she's looking to improve from the training. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Gz100

Hi, I know its very late in the year but im living in the tullamore area recently moved and I am wondering if there are any junior teams to join in the area. a good six years out of practice.

Advertisement