Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moneybookers PrePaid MasterCard

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

loki7777 wrote: »
    I know that a year ago there wasnt any way to rent a car with prepaid card - is it possible now with moneybookers or any other?

It's always been possible to rent a car with a pre paid card!, you just need to ensure that you have enough money on it to cover the pre approved excess they charge, or pay the additional full cover insurance to avoid it being pre approved for the excess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

I readed in the other thread about cards http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055794082 that it wasnt possible with the Dublin one. But that doesnt matter now.
    Thank You.

Another question about moneybookers and aer lingus can i avoid this 6euro charge with this card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Nope.

Again no luck:)
    THX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

anyone looking for good prepaid card try neteller.com they dont charge on transactions,and have many benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ondarack

scamalert anyone looking for good prepaid card try neteller.com they dont charge on transactions,and have many benefits.[/QUOTE]

hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

ondarack wrote: »
    scamalert anyone looking for good prepaid card try neteller.com they dont charge on transactions,and have many benefits.

hahahaha[/QUOTE]:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ondarack

scamalert wrote: »
    ondarack wrote: »
    scamalert anyone looking for good prepaid card try neteller.com they dont charge on transactions,and have many benefits.

hahahaha
    :confused:[/Quote]

Sorry, i just found it a little amusing that your username was scamalert, no offense intended

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi Folks

Can Aer Lingus credit card card charges, be avoided , using Neteller

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Coolmain

I have a SKRILL MasterCard for a month now. In general I'm happy but on the first issue requiring contact with the company - the experience has been VERY POOR.

The issue it appears is that you CANNOT USE SKRILL MASTERCARD WITH APPLE ITUNES OR APP STORE IN IRELAND, because the card is issued in the UK; I spoke with Apple and that what I was told.

SKRILL operates it customer support from a call centre in Bulgaria, they are professional in their manner but they are totally powerless and isolated from SKRILL decision making; they are very slow and I have and no response to two emails in 10 days. So I phoned them and left with the conclusion that the whole effort was pointless.

Luckily I can purchase a 3V voucher with my SKRILL Card to resolve the matter

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Balinov

Coolmain wrote: »
    I have a SKRILL MasterCard for a month now. In general I'm happy but on the first issue requiring contact with the company - the experience has been VERY POOR.

The issue it appears is that you CANNOT USE SKRILL MASTERCARD WITH APPLE ITUNES OR APP STORE IN IRELAND, because the card is issued in the UK; I spoke with Apple and that what I was told.

SKRILL operates it customer support from a call centre in Bulgaria, they are professional in their manner but they are totally powerless and isolated from SKRILL decision making; they are very slow and I have and no response to two emails in 10 days. So I phoned them and left with the conclusion that the whole effort was pointless.

hi there, I'd rather blame Apple on this rather than Skrill/Moneybookers..think at my journey with them I've seen a confirmation the issuing bank is Newcastle Building Society, UK...so it's rather the call of Apple and their policy..

New to Boards (learning the ropes) so first private message on the issue repeated here:

Thanks for the reply

"hi there, I'd rather blame Apple on this rather than Skrill/Moneybookers..think at my journey with them I've seen a confirmation the issuing bank is Newcastle Building Society, UK...so it's rather the call of Apple and their policy.."

I agree if all things were equal but Apple is one of the largest online retailers on the planet, so Moneybookers should allow for this and enable the SKRILL to be issued in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Balinov

Thanks for the reply

"hi there, I'd rather blame Apple on this rather than Skrill/Moneybookers..think at my journey with them I've seen a confirmation the issuing bank is Newcastle Building Society, UK...so it's rather the call of Apple and their policy.."

I agree if all things were equal but Apple is one of the largest online retailers on the planet, so Moneybookers should allow for this and enable the SKRILL to be issued in Ireland.

I'm on Android, but otherwise I totally agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Thanks for the reply

Apple are the problem here, not Skrill...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Skrill Mastercards are issued by Wirecard Card Solutions based in the UK with a UK BIN number.

Your problem here is iTunes which has decided to have the requirement that the card needs to be issued in Ireland. They have the same in the UK store, you can only purchase with a UK issued card. I suspect it's licensing agreements behind it to ensure that only people in the country purchase.

So you should complain to Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

zombie thread revival

just applied for the skrill card

just waiting on it now

what locations can you lodge cash onto the card from?

heard mention on another forum that you could with centra

anyone know of any others?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

ayatollah wrote: »
    zombie thread revival

just applied for the skrill card

just waiting on it now

what locations can you lodge cash onto the card from?

heard mention on another forum that you could with centra

anyone know of any others?

You can only lodge money online onto it, either via bank transfer (from an account in your name) or via your credit/debit card.

https://help.skrill.com/articles/en_GB/FAQ/What-are-the-supported-deposit-options/?l=en_GB&c=Consumer%3ADeposits&t=s

Maybe the card you think about with local loads at payzone is the Swirl Card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I have one of these, don't use it much though as I've an AIB Visa Debit card.

I nearly always forget to cancel by the time the €10 fee is due! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

I have one of these, don't use it much though as I've an AIB Visa Debit card.

I nearly always forget to cancel by the time the €10 fee is due! :pac:

Wouldn't be bothered with Moneybookers/Skrill or any prepaid card you have to pay for. Neteller all the way for me. It's got the same conditions as Moneybookers/Skrill in that you have to confirm your ID, but I found them to be so much nicer and no charge for the card either.

Hardly ever use my actual CC now, when ever I'm doing anything I just load it with my spends and no bills a month later. Absolute heaven!

Advertisement