Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moneybookers PrePaid MasterCard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Once you use the card for anything within 6 months you'll avoid the non usage charge.
    I wasn't charged anything to deposit money on it when purchasing the card but minimum you can deposit is EUR175.
    Yeah, you pay EUR10 when buying the card but you receive a EUR10 Ryanair voucher with the card.
    Govt. stamp duty is unavoidable. Always make sure there's some money on the card to cover this as if it causes your card to go into negative balance you will be charged. I can see them hoping this catches out loads of people so make sure there's always enough on the card to cover the govt. stamp duty whenever it's collected! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 emergingwriter

Typical. Last day to book to avoid the fees and ryanair won't accept my moneybookers card anymore. Very dodgy. Errors on card number, address, whatever though it's all correct. Tried so many times I'm half blinded now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pago48

Sorry if it's a repost please feel free to close or move, mods.

The NEW Moneybookers MasterCard® card is ready for you – order it now!

With our new card, you can:

Access your Moneybookers funds anytime, anywhere
    Withdraw cash at cash machines worldwide
    Pay online and in stores
    Use your card everywhere MasterCard is accepted, that is 28.5 million locations around the world

There are no tie-ins, monthly fees or credit checks and you don’t even need a bank account to apply. We do not charge overdraft or late payment fees – you only spend what you top up!

Simply log in to your Moneybookers account to find out more and order your card.

Link
    Absolute rubbish card. Tried to book flights with bmi site wouldn't accept it. Tried to book flights With ryanair site wouldn't recognise it. Customer service are rude and totally unhelpful. Don't get this card it's rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

I've never had trouble with this card. Always worked perfectly. Just make sure and check with them that they increase your transaction limit on the card as this may solve some problems.

Moneybookers card will not work anymore to avoid the EUR6 each way admin charge for Ryanair flights. As this is the only reason I got mine I will be cancelling it today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ciaran_

d@rk l0rd wrote: »
    It took two days to finally submit for me! :rolleyes: Such an annoying process to have to go through.

Some tips: 1: Use the calendar to enter your date of birth (don't type it in).
    2: Use a different email address to the one you usually use when booking Ryanair flights.
    3: Enter your address exactly as it is on the electoral register.
    4: Try as many different browsers as possible. Worked for me with Opera, with some others using Chrome and others using IE.
    5: Make sure you enter your passport number without any <<s

If all else fails, email them. They do reply. I think they can send you out a form to fill out. When you get it you ring a free number to register it but that only takes a few seconds and is completely automated.
    From March 1st it will be the only way to avoid the EUR6 admin fee. :rolleyes:

I've checked the website and it's working fine for me.

Cant register for one no matter what I try:mad: Emailed them on tuesday and again today but no reply as of yet. Anyone else having similar problems?

It takes them a few days to reply and they're probably much busier now that most people are realising that their prepaid Mastercards no longer work.

I almost gave up in frustration too but just kept at it and it eventually went through after multiple attempts over 2 days though I really have no idea what I did or didn't do that time that allowed it to go through.

Have just used the Cash passport to book some flights and used my EUR10 voucher and had no problems using it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Once you use the card for anything within 6 months you'll avoid the non usage charge.
    I wasn't charged anything to deposit money on it when purchasing the card but minimum you can deposit is EUR175.
    Yeah, you pay EUR10 when buying the card but you receive a EUR10 Ryanair voucher with the card.
    Govt. stamp duty is unavoidable. Always make sure there's some money on the card to cover this as if it causes your card to go into negative balance you will be charged. I can see them hoping this catches out loads of people so make sure there's always enough on the card to cover the govt. stamp duty whenever it's collected! ;)

Was there stamp duty on the moneybookers card?. I didn't think there was?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Moneybookers card will not work anymore to avoid the EUR6 each way admin charge for Ryanair flights. As this is the only reason I got mine I will be cancelling it today.

Is this easy to do?. They've just taken my tenner off me for 2012 so might hang onto it until end of year. Like you say though, only reason I got it was to avoid the Ryanair charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ITBhoy

Tried again yesterday with Opera , still no joy, will have another crack at it with a Diff email address as per d@rk l0rd tips,
    also guys do you leave the single digit out after the evrons on the passport i.e. >>>>>>>>>>6
    Cheers
    ITBHOY

• Advertisement

I put in the single digit after the <<s but I'm not sure it will make any difference. I can't see how they can verify that the passport number you entered is actually yours anyway.
    Seems to be more down to being badly written/programmed that it keeps crashing for people! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mikg

just on the Ryanair site there now checking flights and the Mastercard prepaid option (e.g. Moneybookers etc) now incurs the €6 per person per flight 'admin' charge :(

it seems the Ryanair 'Cash Passport' is the ONLY way to avoid these fees for now :(:(

In my opinion, this move by Ryanair could be construed as 'anti-consumer' and/or 'anti competitive' and I think an email to the ECC and the EU Competition Commissioner is in order ... ;)

it would be great to get more feedback/opinion on the new Ryanair 'Cash Passport' payment option as I will link to this thread in my emails .. tnx :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ciaran_

Just got a reply from them as I was having problems applying for a ryanair cash passport. I never gave any application details or card details in my orignal email and actually used it on Tuesday to book flights (including admin fees) with ryanair, and they had no problem accepting it then.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

To protect the security of our customers and in order to comply with anti-money laundering regulations we are required to verify the identity and address of all cardholders before processing a card order. This is carried out using a number of electronic checks.

As you have failed these online checks I am afraid you will be unable to purchase the Ryanair Cash Passport card.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Yours faithfully,

Card Services

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

I was just looking into the cash passport!

I'm living in the Netherlands, and I'm home quiet a bit so I use Ryanair all the time, now for me cos I have a dutch billing address I still get to use my Net + prepaid card (neteller which in my opinion was always better than moneybookers, better customer services for a start) and have no admin fees to pay.

Anyhow, you CAN get the cash passport here, its done by Travelex. Now the only payment option here is to physically go into the Travelex office and reload it.The Travelex card is advertised now instead of travel cheques.

So it's not really owned Ryanair, I'd of been surprised if O'Leary had of given people an out. It seems the cash passport, is like the deal that MBNA has with them, it's just a branded card. I'm wondering now, if/when they introduce the cash passport here (I imagine they will at some point) whether they will haven an online upload option. AFAIK here they will have to have MANY upload options before they'll be given the go ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 emergingwriter

It should still have worked yesterday though and it didn't. And there's no way to get back at Ryanair when they do nasty things like this. Very annoying. I've never had problems with my moneybooker card before.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭pcomer

Hi, just wondering can anyone confirm that since the changes of the 1st of March if you book Ryanair flights using a NetTeller prepaid Mastercard you are charged the credit card fees.

Has anyone booked since 1st March using NetTeller and been charged fees.

The only way you can avoid the €6 each way admin charge is to use the Ryanair Cash Passport. You can still use other debit cards but you will now pay the €6 charge with them. :(

Hi - thanks for that. Has anyone booked since 1st March using NetTeller card?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

I was going to book Ryanair to Gran Canaria, but after this issue with moneybookers card I was happy to book with Aerlingus (worked out cheaper too). I just wish I could do this every time (not always possible).

pcomer wrote: »
    Hi - thanks for that. Has anyone booked since 1st March using NetTeller card?

Yes, use it all the time online, booked flights with it two days ago and no problems!

• Advertisement

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Yes, use it all the time online, booked flights with it two days ago and no problems!

When you say "no problems!" I presume you mean you weren't charged the €6 each way admin fee. I know someone else who booked this week using the Neteller card and was charged the admin fee you used to be able to avoid by using the card.

When you say "no problems!" I presume you mean you weren't charged the €6 each way admin fee. I know someone else who booked this week using the Neteller card and was charged the admin fee you used to be able to avoid by using the card.

Nope, but that's a bit of a curve ball, my billing address isn't Ireland.

My sister also booked tickets this week using her net+ card she was charged teh 6 euro, but she used it without any hassle (I thought that was what you mean :o )

Possibly a potential way to avoid the fee then - use a Neteller Card when you have an address outside Ireland???????

Possibly a potential way to avoid the fee then - use a Neteller Card when you have an address outside Ireland???????

You're neteller account would have to be registered there too! So far outside Irl, UK and Italy the prepaid mastercard should still be valid. There could be solid reasons for not charging the admin costs, some countries don't allow it (eg Germany)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Paypal wont add my prepaid moneybookers card?.

'This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was denied, please contact your credit card issuer's customer service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card.'

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

We'll probably need a new thread for the Ryanair Cash passport at some stage..... but just a note for the few posters that couldn't apply because they didn't have Irish passport. The Irish section for applying for the cash passport now seems to have a link to be able to apply by sending off proof of address/identity. The only thing is there's a typo or some technical problem cos the email address that they give bounces back. Eventually got through on the phone and told them after sending my application to a different email address.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Thanks will try that....what email address did you end up using?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Hmm .. we booked a flight a few weeks ago and used a Moneybookers Debit card, there was no fee.

However our billing address is not in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Sheep Shagger - I used cardservices@accessprepaidww.com which seemed to get there ok although I haven't heard back from them yet. And the address that doesn't work still seems to be on the page as well.

With regards to the fee using other Mastercards, according to the Ryanair fees page there is none except for cards issued in U.K, Ireland, Italy, Germany & Spain. Doh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

I know that a year ago there wasnt any way to rent a car with prepaid card - is it possible now with moneybookers or any other?

Advertisement