Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moneybookers PrePaid MasterCard

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 995thewolf

Has anyone tried doing a bank transfere to neteller with internet banking.I think its free but mite take a few days to complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

995thewolf wrote: »
    Has anyone tried doing a bank transfere to neteller with internet banking.I think its free but mite take a few days to complete.

I can't speak for Neteller but you can upload to Moneybookers using Bank Transfer and there's no charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

995thewolf wrote: »

There are not fees for bank transfer to Neteller.

Comparing Neteller to Moneybookers, I will take Neteller any day of the week. I found MB customer services seriously lacking in courtesy. Love my Net + card though, use it EVERYWHERE both on and offline. Best thing about a prepaid card... NO BILLS ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

LFC5Times wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.

Fcuk PTSB for getting rid of the Laser card and moving everyone to Visa Debit cards.

Any other sites do free top up off Visa Debit? I know 1.9% isn't much but I could be spending a fair bit on flights.

But sure if you have a visa debit, why the need to use moneybookers at all?

el dude wrote: »
    But sure if you have a visa debit, why the need to use moneybookers at all?
    Visa Debit attracts fees on Ryanair, Prepaid Mastercard doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tommy89

I just want a card that I can buy things of websites like eBay and amazon so which one should I go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

tommy89 wrote: »
    I just want a card that I can buy things of websites like eBay and amazon so which one should I go for?
    If you want to buy stuff from amazon and ebay then i'd highly recommend getting a moneybookers card.Have been using mine since december and have had no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭south

Squaredude wrote: »
    If you want to buy stuff from amazon and ebay then i'd highly recommend getting a moneybookers card.Have been using mine since december and have had no problems.

I would also recommend it. Haven't had any problems with using it anywhere yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 diogoo

Does anyone knows if I can use it to book an hotel on booking.com or hotels.com for insteance?

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

diogoo wrote: »
    Does anyone knows if I can use it to book an hotel on booking.com or hotels.com for insteance?

Yes you can, only used mine a few days ago to book through booking.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭TorresLegend

I recommend the moneybookers card. I've never had any issues with it online, or buying stuff over the phone. Upload money instantly to the account from my lasercard, seconds later I am buying stuff I probably don't need on the net with my Monebookers card. Easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jojo123jo

Savman wrote: »
    What negative reports would those be? I have yet to experience a single issue either online or in shops etc. so you could say I'm curious.

It's true that iTunes won't accept Moneybookers for Apple accounts registered in Ireland, not the card's fault if Apple have some weird T&C's but something to consider if you intend using it on the Apple Store.

Aaagh! It was for iTunes I had signed up for Moneybookers! :confused:

I know, it's nonsense that you can't use a perfectly good card but Apple are seemingly a law unto themselves.

My guess is you'll need a Prepaid Card issued by an Irish bank to get around the iTunes problem. Moneybookers Card is issued by a UK bank (Newcastle Building Society I think), what difference this makes to Apple is anyone's guess :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

jojo123jo wrote: »
    Aaagh! It was for iTunes I had signed up for Moneybookers! :confused:

If you register the Moneybookers card with Click and Buy you can use this account as a payment option with iTunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Laragh

This has probably been answered and sorry for asking again if so, but does anyone know if there's a limit to the number of transactions per day you can use with the moneybookers card? I know there's limits on the amount of money you can upload/spend, but I'm well under that limit but I've made a few purchases on ebay today with no issue and now paypal is coming up with an error when trying to pay for the last couple of items. My available balance is more than what the items cost so this is the only thing I could think it could be :confused:

A quick scan of the site I couldn't see any answers but it's a bit annoying if so 'cause I definitely haven't made any more than maybe 4 or 5 transactions and now can't pay for the last one :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Laragh wrote: »
    This has probably been answered and sorry for asking again if so, but does anyone know if there's a limit to the number of transactions per day you can use with the moneybookers card? I know there's limits on the amount of money you can upload/spend, but I'm well under that limit but I've made a few purchases on ebay today with no issue and now paypal is coming up with an error when trying to pay for the last couple of items. My available balance is more than what the items cost so this is the only thing I could think it could be :confused:

A quick scan of the site I couldn't see any answers but it's a bit annoying if so 'cause I definitely haven't made any more than maybe 4 or 5 transactions and now can't pay for the last one :mad:

It's 5 a day as far as I'm aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Laragh

Thanks MuddyDog, I'll have to keep count from now on :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Not sure if this applies to everyone but I got this e-mail last month:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXX

At Moneybookers we always aim to provide the best services and the highest level of satisfaction… that's why we've increased the number of transactions you can make on your Moneybookers MasterCard to 10 per 24hr period. This includes all payment transactions you make with your card online, at restaurants and in high street shops, excluding ATM withdrawals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Savman wrote: »
    Visa Debit attracts fees on Ryanair, Prepaid Mastercard doesn't.

Just a quick update for anyone who plans on getting this card to dodge the Ryanair card charges. Seems that Ryanair are setting things up so that people will only be able to use a Ryanair issued prepaid card from November onwards. Even then, customers will be issued a £6 Ryanair voucher.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/travel/2011/09/ryanair-card-charges?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=sidebar&utm_campaign=box

Can't think of the word. Sounds like hunts.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

I wouldn't be surprised if the regulator in the UK steps in and imposes sanctions on ryanair for that. That's takin the fupping p***! I only have my moneybooker card bout a month, only booked one flight with it! fooks sake.....joke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭mopi

Used MB card a week ago without issues (Ireland > UK flight) tried today (UK > Ireland flight) and Ryanair complaints I may have an invalid address. The address is correct but Ryanair refuses to process the payment.

Any having issues with using Moneybookers when booking sterling (UK>Ireland) flights ?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

some joke. whats the story with ryanairs prepaid card then? how much is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

PaddyCar wrote: »
    some joke. whats the story with ryanairs prepaid card then? how much is it?

As far as i know it's only available in the UK at present.. and UK users have to use it to avoid fees.. we can still use our prepaid mastercards (wirecard, moneybrookers etc.). Think it's going to be a year or so before we have to switch...

This would explain though why the person above was having trouble booking a flight from the uk.... as from the uk you would have to use the ryanair card.... (for a return flight originating in Ireland going to the uk the prepaid mastercard is ok, as I've booked one last week)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dob90210

I saw an ad for it in Supervalu, which sparked my interest. Then this morning, on the Pat Kenny morning radio show, the financial advisor he has on (sorry, don't know his name (any answers??)), recommended the Skrill card. 10euro a year is nothing when you look at its practicality, particularly if you don't have another credit card, so you can buy things on-line.
    It's surprising how few of these products are readily available in Ireland compared to in other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭PressTheButton

dob90210 wrote: »
    ... this morning, on the Pat Kenny morning radio show, the financial advisor he has on (sorry, don't know his name (any answers??)), recommended the Skrill card...
    Heard interview; the financial advisor in question was Colm Rapple, Economist/Journalist.

Podcast on RTE Radio Player here: http://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=9:3168839:133:16-01-2012:
    'Skrill' (Moneybookers) segment starts at 00:04:54 - "Avoiding Ryanair administrative charges..."

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Kanedmick

For one, you can top it up without loading fees (laser, bank transfer).

Sorry for the silly question, but those of you who have this card and "topped up":

Can I walk into any "local" bank with a wad of cash and just have it transferred by using a bank giro type thingy?

Or must it be a transfer from my own personal bank account - i.e. must I lodge the cash to my own personal bank account first?

Ta!
    M.

Kanedmick wrote: »
    Sorry for the silly question, but those of you who have this card and "topped up":

Can I walk into any "local" bank with a wad of cash and just have it transferred by using a bank giro type thingy?

Or must it be a transfer from my own personal bank account - i.e. must I lodge the cash to my own personal bank account first?

Ta!
    M.
    I'm fairly sure you have to use your personal bank account.The options on the site for uploading funds are:Bank transfer,Credit Card or laser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Squaredude wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure you have to use your personal bank account.The options on the site for uploading funds are:Bank transfer,Credit Card or laser.

As far as i know only old customers can use credit cards or debit cards to top up instantly.... otherwise it's a bank transfer taking up to 5 days....don't know why they removed the card top up, although it's more expensive, at least you can just put the money on it as and when you need it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

this does not work with playstation network topups or with the irish lotto website.
    this works well with ryanair.

• Advertisement

As far as i know only old customers can use credit cards or debit cards to top up instantly.... otherwise it's a bank transfer taking up to 5 days....don't know why they removed the card top up, although it's more expensive, at least you can just put the money on it as and when you need it.....
    I think laser is still available.Its free to top up by laser.I think the top up methods vary from country to country.Its still listed on the fees page.
    https://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=fees

Advertisement