Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

I think its the dish has moved a little during high winds.
    I have another old dish on 28.2 and patched it to receiver and channel is fine.
    Its odd that it only effected 3-4 channels.

Up the ladder I go....
    rurs wrote: »
    Channel 4HD fine here, if it's greyed out, it might a tuner configuration problem or conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,384 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Digidol wrote: »
    I just got a VU+ Duo from my friend, he knows nothing about satellite tv and had the box installed for him a year ago.

Is there any way to tell if the box is a clone or original through the menus or via a plugin? I don't really want to open the box up but I have suspicions about it being a clone.

http://vuplus.com/pressNewsContent.htm?idx=38&pagenum=2

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

irishgeo wrote: »

Thanks, that's for the Solo, does it apply to the Duo too?

Digidol wrote: »
    Thanks, that's for the Solo, does it apply to the Duo too?

i think so.

I'm pretty sure it's a clone myself, can anyone confirm from the picture below? It's currently running Blackhole 1.7.9 (VU+ Duo).

0ipc.jpg

• Advertisement

Hmm...I tried the Return The Love Event plugin and I'm getting a "Authentication Success" message which would indicate it's a original?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Its a clone. Never mind the missing components on the PSU, just look at the thermal glue all over that PSU board!

Heres what the PSU board should look like.

sw_genuine.jpg

You can still get the latest Vix if you replace one chip on that board. Otherwise there are hacked versions of the latest images on Saggioris board.

STB wrote: »
    Its a clone. Never mind the missing components on the PSU, just look at the thermal glue all over that PSU

You can still get the latest Vix if you replace one chip on that board. Otherwise there are hacked versions of the latest images on Saggioris board.

Brilliant STB, thanks for that.

So what is the major difference between clones and originals? I understand certain images can't be flashed, but is there performance issues, or is the hardware unreliable?

Whats the major difference. The PSU boards are notorious for blowing on the VU+Duo clones.

I have an Uno Clone and simply replacing the tuner module in them bypasssed all security preventions as it was on the tuner module. Vu Duo tuners are not modular (plug n play) as they are soldered to the board. The security isnt implemented that way on the Duo's anyhow. Its a small seperate board.

With the Vu Duo clones you cannot run the latest images directly from the the Vix feeds if its a v1 board. However, you will find a clone safe version of the latest images for the board version. Have a look at the board and see what V is printed on it. It looks like one of the first clone (v1). Then flash the appropriate image to it. Chap called Toysoft (renowned hacker) rewrites the images for them. You'll need to sign up.

You can also update the IC for v1, v2 of the board with a cable and some software. Ask over there, they know their stuff.

The board you posted defo looks like a clone (loads of resistors missing on PSU board), but the fact that its running Blackhole 1.79 is weird unless its one of running a clone safe version of 1.79. BH 1.75 was the last known safe version from the offcial images (from memory).

any update on vix 4.0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

My Grandson was playing with the remote, I now have a little box that comes up on the top right corner with the video details on it. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,180 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm having a problem with my box too that is incredibly irritating. I can't press the same button more than once. If I bring up the guide and go down a channel, I can't go down again. I have to hit another button before I can hit down again :mad:.

Anyone else got this? Tried replacing the batteries and re-flashing but the problem came back after a day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Greenpiece

Yes, also got this a while back and like you reflashed image but had same problem. Did go away eventually when I put brand new batteries in remote though.

Clareman wrote: »
    It will work with all enigma devices but you have to have 1 VU box connected to it for it to be activated.

I have this working with a Gigablue. What do you mean by activated Clareman?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

STB wrote: »
    I have this working with a Gigablue. What do you mean by activated Clareman?

Sorry, for it to work, the first device it connects to has to be a VU+

Clareman wrote: »
    Sorry, for it to work, the first device it connects to has to be a VU+

Not in my experience Clareman. Any E2 device.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

Does anyone have a way to get BBC iPlayer/ ITV equivalent to work on the Duo in Ireland via a plugin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Does anyone have a way to get BBC iPlayer/ ITV equivalent to work on the Duo in Ireland via a plugin?

If you are using Vix just downlaod the OnDemand Plugin from the Plugin menu and then register here:

http://tunlr.net/

iba wrote: »
    If you are using Vix just downlaod the OnDemand Plugin from the Plugin menu and then register here:

http://tunlr.net/

Must say, that works extremely well. I've also now gotten US Netflix via PS3 (using the port-blocking technique detailed on the tunlr site), but so far I don't seem to be able to get BBC iPlayer on PS3. That's somewhat Off-Topic so if anyone can help with that please PM me.
    Works very well with the VU Duo anyway though. Hope they don't start charging too soon -or too much!

Thanks iba!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

Must say, that works extremely well. I've also now gotten US Netflix via PS3 (using the port-blocking technique detailed on the tunlr site), but so far I don't seem to be able to get BBC iPlayer on PS3. That's somewhat Off-Topic so if anyone can help with that please PM me.
    Works very well with the VU Duo anyway though. Hope they don't start charging too soon -or too much!

Thanks iba!

How did you configure on Vu Duo?
    Did you change the network settings or change something on the router?
    I signed up at tunlr and downloaded on demand, but I don't get a sign in or configure in the extension.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

amby666 wrote: »
    How did you configure on Vu Duo?
    Did you change the network settings or change something on the router?
    I signed up at tunlr and downloaded on demand, but I don't get a sign in or configure in the extension.
    Thanks

You do not have to do any other configuration.

After signing up to Tunlr you should get an email verification. Once you accept that, OnDemand should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

iba wrote: »
    You do not have to do any other configuration.

After signing up to Tunlr you should get an email verification. Once you accept that, OnDemand should work.

Am I missing something? I've signed up and verified (on my phone), but how does the vu know it's my user name / password? Sorry if I'm being stupid!

Am I missing something? I've signed up and verified (on my phone), but how does the vu know it's my user name / password? Sorry if I'm being stupid!

You're not being stupid. ...Trying to remember (I was rooting around a lot of different settings on other devices afterwards)... I believe I entered the DNS settings I got from that site on the Duo -in Network settings. IP and everything else remains the same.

tunlr "registers" the ip address you sign up from. If you login at tunlr.com (or whatever the address is) you'll see your ip there. So the Ondemand plugin goes to the tunlr DNS instead of your own.

You're not being stupid. ...Trying to remember (I was rooting around a lot of different settings on other devices afterwards)... I believe I entered the DNS settings I got from that site on the Duo -in Network settings. IP and everything else remains the same.

tunlr "registers" the ip address you sign up from. If you login at tunlr.com (or whatever the address is) you'll see your ip there. So the Ondemand plugin goes to the tunlr DNS instead of your own.

I have a different box, but I think it should work the same - I did not have to change the Network settings in the box at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Once you've registered, you then need to activate on the gatekeeper2 page, to tie your tunlr account to your ip address. That's all.

If your ip address changes (eg if you reboot your modem), you have to activate again. You don't need to change or set anything on your STB.

rurs wrote: »
    Once you've registered, you then need to activate on the gatekeeper2 page, to tie your tunlr account to your ip address. That's all.

If your ip address changes (eg if you reboot your modem), you have to activate again. You don't need to change or set anything on your STB.

Hm. I'm fairly sure that didn't work for me. It crashed a few times and rebooted itself before I eventually entered the tunlr dns settings then it worked. I'll experiment some more with it over the next while since you both say it should work without doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Does fast forward or rewind work for OnDemand on Vix for anyone?

my bbc on demand plugin just crashes now when i try to play anything.

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Does fast forward or rewind work for OnDemand on Vix for anyone?

Not for me.

Wanted to watch Quirke tonite but only found it in SD not HD, I wonder why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

irishgeo wrote: »
    my bbc on demand plugin just crashes now when i try to play anything.

Have you set up a tunlr account? BBC/ITV won't work anymore without it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement