Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Skeptics...what conspiracy theories could you have some faith in?

13

Comments

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭ joebucks


    Why?
    Same reason as you man, there are members of military who think it a good idea to modify the weather. You are right it is not a conspiracy.


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,165 ✭✭✭✭ King Mob


    joebucks wrote: »
    Why?
    Same reason as you man, there are members of military who think it a good idea to modify the weather. You are right it is not a conspiracy.
    Yes. things tend not to be a conspiracy when people freely admit their intentions.
    Something to do with the definition of the word.

    And did you actually note the fact they it has nothing to do with HAARP?


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Turtwig


    When I started page three of this thread I had trouble identifying where exactly the goalposts were standing. Now, even though the point of origin is still a mystery to me, it seems these goalposts are in constant accelerated motion.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭ joebucks


    Exactly it is all in the definiton. I have never said HAARP was a conspiracy. My initial post said:
    "Research any of these and I'm sure you'll come up with alot more questions than answers"
    So to come back to the question:

    And did you actually note the fact they it has nothing to do with HAARP?

    The military document I posted earlier outlines the testing of the ionosphere for potential use as a military tool so I would say that it does have something to do with HAARP.
    HAARP itself may not be a conspiracy but It raises questions for me about other possible US military projects as outlined in the Air Force document I posted earlier. Asking questions about HAARP has led me to further information about things like
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Popeye
    I think it is important for people to know more about these projects.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭ joebucks


    Whodunnit?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,165 ✭✭✭✭ King Mob


    joebucks wrote: »
    Exactly it is all in the definiton. I have never said HAARP was a conspiracy. My initial post said:
    "Research any of these and I'm sure you'll come up with alot more questions than answers"
    What questions?

    All you have so far is nonsensical and baseless accusations of some non-specific stuff, all based on you where told to believe so by the internet.
    Which is my point.
    joebucks wrote: »
    So to come back to the question:

    And did you actually note the fact they it has nothing to do with HAARP?

    The military document I posted earlier outlines the testing of the ionosphere for potential use as a military tool so I would say that it does have something to do with HAARP.
    So you think they might be using HAARP to test ways to improve radio transmissions and GPS accuracy.
    So even if this were true, so what?
    Not exactly a crime or particularly evil.
    joebucks wrote: »
    HAARP itself may not be a conspiracy but It raises questions for me about other possible US military projects as outlined in the Air Force document I posted earlier. Asking questions about HAARP has led me to further information about things like
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Popeye
    I think it is important for people to know more about these projects.
    So by believeing in nonsense claims about HAARP you found a project that was nothing like HAARP from 1972 that they don't do anymore.
    Ace reporting there....


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭ joebucks


    King Mob wrote: »
    What questions?

    All you have so far is nonsensical and baseless accusations of some non-specific stuff, all based on you where told to believe so by the internet.
    Which is my point.




    So by believeing in nonsense claims about HAARP you found a project that was nothing like HAARP from 1972 that they don't do anymore.
    Ace reporting there....


    Where did I say I believe in nonsense claims?


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,165 ✭✭✭✭ King Mob


    joebucks wrote: »
    Where did I say I believe in nonsense claims?

    So now not only do you not believe HAARP is not a earthquake machine or that there is even a conspiracy around it, what exactly was your point?

    You've moved the goalposts so much it's hard to tell...


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭ joebucks


    I don't have a point. I just came on here for a buzz.


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,165 ✭✭✭✭ King Mob


    joebucks wrote: »
    I don't have a point.

    That's pretty obvious.
    And common feature for most PCTs.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭ joebucks


    King Mob wrote: »
    That's pretty obvious.
    And common feature for most PCTs.

    That's the thing man I don't know anything and I have no problem admitting that. I am skeptical or as you would might say paranoid about a few things.

    You must be right as you have read reports from scientists and skeptoids and they are never wrong and would never publish misleading data to get their own point across.

    Anyway I must go and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts, there are 5 jets flying over Dublin and their contrails seem to be forming clouds. Strange that.


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,165 ✭✭✭✭ King Mob


    joebucks wrote: »
    That's the thing man I don't know anything and I have no problem admitting that. I am skeptical or as you would might say paranoid about a few things.
    Skepticism relies on evidence, paranoia doesn't need evidence.
    You are paranoid.
    joebucks wrote: »
    You must be right as you have read reports from scientists and skeptoids and they are never wrong and would never publish misleading data to get their own point across.
    Where did I say that scientists and "skeptoids" are never wrong?
    If you think they are wrong why not show they are wrong?
    If you can't show they are wrong, they're probably not.
    joebucks wrote: »
    Anyway I must go and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts, there are 5 jets flying over Dublin and their contrails seem to be forming clouds. Strange that.
    And yet another completely nonsense theory you've bought into because people on the internet told you to....


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭ joebucks


    King Mob wrote: »
    Skepticism relies on evidence, paranoia doesn't need evidence.
    You are paranoid..

    Paranoid about what?

    [

    King Mob wrote: »
    And yet another completely nonsense theory you've bought into because people on the internet told you to....

    Bought into what? What is there to buy into?


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,165 ✭✭✭✭ King Mob


    joebucks wrote: »
    Paranoid about what?
    That the government/lizard people/the jews/whoever you believe are after you.
    joebucks wrote: »
    Bought into what? What is there to buy into?
    You tell me. You're the one you thinks aeroplanes cause clouds...


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭ joebucks


    King Mob wrote: »
    That the government/lizard people/the jews/whoever you believe are after you.


    You tell me. You're the one you thinks aeroplanes cause clouds...

    Lizard people? Jews? Where? How do you know about that? Don't tell anyone or they'll come for you to

    I don't understand this **** but some scientists seem to think that contrails can form clouds.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8309629.stm


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,165 ✭✭✭✭ King Mob


    joebucks wrote: »
    Lizard people? Jews? Where? How do you know about that? Don't tell anyone or they'll come for you to
    well whoever you have been told is secretly controlling the world.
    joebucks wrote: »
    I don't understand this **** but some scientists seem to think that contrails can form clouds.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8309629.stm

    Those fiends, not....clouds!
    What was your point again?


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭ robindch


    King Mob wrote: »
    Those fiends, not....clouds!
    Contrails -- another very sneaky attempt by the Illuminati/Rosicrucians/Jews/Atheists/Communists/Trilateral Commission/etc to control the world by secretly adding mind-altering chemicals to jetfuel (that don't get destroyed during the 1200 degree combustion) and that are smart enough to form clouds that then hang around certain areas where they rain upon the extensively paranoid. This conspiracy involves the uber-conspirators (obviously), the oil companies, the plane manufacturers, the pilots + navigators, air traffic control, the chemical companies and sundry other groups.

    If I wanted to do this, I'd have thought it a tad easier to go to reservoir at midnight with a sackful of happy tablets.


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,165 ✭✭✭✭ King Mob


    robindch wrote: »
    If I wanted to do this, I'd have thought it a tad easier to go to reservoir at midnight with a sackful of happy tablets.
    They can't do that.
    They're already pumping us full of fluoride to keep us from developing our psychic powers.
    And everyone knows you can't mix mind control chemicals and psychic suppression chemicals...


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭ joebucks


    King Mob wrote: »
    Those fiends, not....clouds!
    What was your point again?

    My point? Enjoy the sunshine before it becomes cloudy. Apparently Vitamin D is good for you.


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,165 ✭✭✭✭ King Mob


    joebucks wrote: »
    My point? Enjoy the sunshine before it becomes cloudy. Apparently Vitamin D is good for you.

    Joe, you're doing a bang up job proving that paranoid conspiracy theories should be taken seriously...


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭ joebucks


    King Mob wrote: »
    Joe, you're doing a bang up job proving that paranoid conspiracy theories should be taken seriously...

    Cheers mate.

    I'm glad you are finally beginning to see the light.


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,165 ✭✭✭✭ King Mob


    joebucks wrote: »
    Cheers mate.

    I'm glad you are finally beginning to see the light.

    The confused, poorly researched and stupid light....


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭ ThelotusKid


    joebucks just got killed.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭ joebucks


    joebucks just got killed.

    How do you figure that?

    If you are smart enough pass a comment about me, I would be obliged if you would inform me how you came to this conclusion.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭ ThelotusKid


    joebucks wrote: »
    How do you figure that?
    Quite simple really, just read through the thread.
    You got creamed.:D


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭ joebucks


    Quite simple really, just read through the thread.
    You got creamed.:D

    Creamed? On what points?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭ ThelotusKid


    You’re a tenacious little bugger, I’ll give you that, but then again, the tenacity is due to the anonymity and not the veracity of your statements.

    Maybe you should try convincing your parents of your worldview first.

    Love to be a fly on the wall for that.:p


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭ joebucks


    You’re a tenacious little bugger, I’ll give you that, but then again, the tenacity is due to the anonymity and not the veracity of your statements.

    Maybe you should try convincing your parents of your worldview first.

    What statements would you like verified?

    Again what points was I creamed on?

    What part of my worldview should I try and convince my parents about?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭ ThelotusKid


    Your contributions to this thread are testament to your Modus Operandi.

    A lesson in obfuscation.

    A clear view into the inner workings of the dishonest mind.

    I wouldn't ask you for directions, so please don't attempt to engage me with your questions.

    Just go back and re-read the thread.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭ joebucks



    A clear view into the inner workings of the dishonest mind.


    Please identify one point I was dishonest about.
    I wouldn't ask you for directions, so please don't attempt to engage me with your questions.

    Interesting tactic for avoiding my questions.

    Good effort. Nice Try. Hard Luck.


Advertisement