Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Skeptics...what conspiracy theories could you have some faith in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Why?
    Same reason as you man, there are members of military who think it a good idea to modify the weather. You are right it is not a conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

joebucks wrote: »
    Why?
    Same reason as you man, there are members of military who think it a good idea to modify the weather. You are right it is not a conspiracy.
    Yes. things tend not to be a conspiracy when people freely admit their intentions.
    Something to do with the definition of the word.

And did you actually note the fact they it has nothing to do with HAARP?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

When I started page three of this thread I had trouble identifying where exactly the goalposts were standing. Now, even though the point of origin is still a mystery to me, it seems these goalposts are in constant accelerated motion.

Exactly it is all in the definiton. I have never said HAARP was a conspiracy. My initial post said:
    "Research any of these and I'm sure you'll come up with alot more questions than answers"
    So to come back to the question:

The military document I posted earlier outlines the testing of the ionosphere for potential use as a military tool so I would say that it does have something to do with HAARP.
    HAARP itself may not be a conspiracy but It raises questions for me about other possible US military projects as outlined in the Air Force document I posted earlier. Asking questions about HAARP has led me to further information about things like
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Popeye
    I think it is important for people to know more about these projects.

Whodunnit?

• Advertisement

Exactly it is all in the definiton. I have never said HAARP was a conspiracy. My initial post said:
    "Research any of these and I'm sure you'll come up with alot more questions than answers"
    What questions?

All you have so far is nonsensical and baseless accusations of some non-specific stuff, all based on you where told to believe so by the internet.
    Which is my point.
    So to come back to the question:

The military document I posted earlier outlines the testing of the ionosphere for potential use as a military tool so I would say that it does have something to do with HAARP.
    So you think they might be using HAARP to test ways to improve radio transmissions and GPS accuracy.
    So even if this were true, so what?
    Not exactly a crime or particularly evil.
    HAARP itself may not be a conspiracy but It raises questions for me about other possible US military projects as outlined in the Air Force document I posted earlier. Asking questions about HAARP has led me to further information about things like
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Popeye
    I think it is important for people to know more about these projects.
    So by believeing in nonsense claims about HAARP you found a project that was nothing like HAARP from 1972 that they don't do anymore.
    Ace reporting there....

King Mob wrote: »
    What questions?

All you have so far is nonsensical and baseless accusations of some non-specific stuff, all based on you where told to believe so by the internet.
    Which is my point.

So by believeing in nonsense claims about HAARP you found a project that was nothing like HAARP from 1972 that they don't do anymore.
    Ace reporting there....

Where did I say I believe in nonsense claims?

Where did I say I believe in nonsense claims?

So now not only do you not believe HAARP is not a earthquake machine or that there is even a conspiracy around it, what exactly was your point?

You've moved the goalposts so much it's hard to tell...

I don't have a point. I just came on here for a buzz.

I don't have a point.

That's pretty obvious.
    And common feature for most PCTs.

• Advertisement

That's pretty obvious.
    And common feature for most PCTs.

That's the thing man I don't know anything and I have no problem admitting that. I am skeptical or as you would might say paranoid about a few things.

You must be right as you have read reports from scientists and skeptoids and they are never wrong and would never publish misleading data to get their own point across.

Anyway I must go and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts, there are 5 jets flying over Dublin and their contrails seem to be forming clouds. Strange that.

That's the thing man I don't know anything and I have no problem admitting that. I am skeptical or as you would might say paranoid about a few things.
    Skepticism relies on evidence, paranoia doesn't need evidence.
    You are paranoid.
    You must be right as you have read reports from scientists and skeptoids and they are never wrong and would never publish misleading data to get their own point across.
    Where did I say that scientists and "skeptoids" are never wrong?
    If you think they are wrong why not show they are wrong?
    If you can't show they are wrong, they're probably not.
    Anyway I must go and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts, there are 5 jets flying over Dublin and their contrails seem to be forming clouds. Strange that.
    And yet another completely nonsense theory you've bought into because people on the internet told you to....

Skepticism relies on evidence, paranoia doesn't need evidence.
    You are paranoid..

Paranoid about what?

[

And yet another completely nonsense theory you've bought into because people on the internet told you to....

Bought into what? What is there to buy into?

Paranoid about what?
    That the government/lizard people/the jews/whoever you believe are after you.
    Bought into what? What is there to buy into?
    You tell me. You're the one you thinks aeroplanes cause clouds...

That the government/lizard people/the jews/whoever you believe are after you.

You tell me. You're the one you thinks aeroplanes cause clouds...

Lizard people? Jews? Where? How do you know about that? Don't tell anyone or they'll come for you to

I don't understand this **** but some scientists seem to think that contrails can form clouds.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8309629.stm

Lizard people? Jews? Where? How do you know about that? Don't tell anyone or they'll come for you to
    well whoever you have been told is secretly controlling the world.
    I don't understand this **** but some scientists seem to think that contrails can form clouds.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8309629.stm

Those fiends, not....clouds!
    What was your point again?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Contrails -- another very sneaky attempt by the Illuminati/Rosicrucians/Jews/Atheists/Communists/Trilateral Commission/etc to control the world by secretly adding mind-altering chemicals to jetfuel (that don't get destroyed during the 1200 degree combustion) and that are smart enough to form clouds that then hang around certain areas where they rain upon the extensively paranoid. This conspiracy involves the uber-conspirators (obviously), the oil companies, the plane manufacturers, the pilots + navigators, air traffic control, the chemical companies and sundry other groups.

If I wanted to do this, I'd have thought it a tad easier to go to reservoir at midnight with a sackful of happy tablets.

robindch wrote: »
    If I wanted to do this, I'd have thought it a tad easier to go to reservoir at midnight with a sackful of happy tablets.
    They can't do that.
    They're already pumping us full of fluoride to keep us from developing our psychic powers.
    And everyone knows you can't mix mind control chemicals and psychic suppression chemicals...

What was your point again?

My point? Enjoy the sunshine before it becomes cloudy. Apparently Vitamin D is good for you.

My point? Enjoy the sunshine before it becomes cloudy. Apparently Vitamin D is good for you.

Joe, you're doing a bang up job proving that paranoid conspiracy theories should be taken seriously...

• Advertisement

Joe, you're doing a bang up job proving that paranoid conspiracy theories should be taken seriously...

Cheers mate.

I'm glad you are finally beginning to see the light.

Cheers mate.

I'm glad you are finally beginning to see the light.

The confused, poorly researched and stupid light....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭ThelotusKid

joebucks just got killed.

joebucks just got killed.

How do you figure that?

If you are smart enough pass a comment about me, I would be obliged if you would inform me how you came to this conclusion.

How do you figure that?
    Quite simple really, just read through the thread.
    You got creamed.:D

Quite simple really, just read through the thread.
    You got creamed.:D

Creamed? On what points?

You’re a tenacious little bugger, I’ll give you that, but then again, the tenacity is due to the anonymity and not the veracity of your statements.

Maybe you should try convincing your parents of your worldview first.

Love to be a fly on the wall for that.:p

You’re a tenacious little bugger, I’ll give you that, but then again, the tenacity is due to the anonymity and not the veracity of your statements.

Maybe you should try convincing your parents of your worldview first.

What statements would you like verified?

Again what points was I creamed on?

What part of my worldview should I try and convince my parents about?

Your contributions to this thread are testament to your Modus Operandi.

A lesson in obfuscation.

A clear view into the inner workings of the dishonest mind.

I wouldn't ask you for directions, so please don't attempt to engage me with your questions.

Just go back and re-read the thread.

• Advertisement

A clear view into the inner workings of the dishonest mind.

Please identify one point I was dishonest about.
    I wouldn't ask you for directions, so please don't attempt to engage me with your questions.

Interesting tactic for avoiding my questions.

Good effort. Nice Try. Hard Luck.

Advertisement