Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building biceps?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭KeithReilly

Hanley wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I've heard Transform talk about his sumo preference because of his long legs. With longer legs it can be very hard to get a good starting position.

Leg length is a relative thing. At 5'10, my inside leg measurement's under 30 inches. Short legs in other words.

Thanks Hanley for the reply.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I'm pretty sure I've heard Transform talk about his sumo preference because of his long legs. With longer legs it can be very hard to get a good starting position.

Leg length is a relative thing. At 5'10, my inside leg measurement's under 30 inches. Short legs in other words.

I agree. I'm a shade under 6'3 and have a 32 inside leg, positivly stumpy legs for my height, so I find conventional deadlifting the best way to go. In fact I can't actually lift any more using a sumo stance, this could be weak glutes though.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Did he recommend it for tall people, or people with long legs?
    yes i recommend it for taller people but its actually more of a flexibility thing also as you can have a tall guy/girl that can get down and pull it with perfect form and then you have guys like myself with somewhat tight hip flexors that find a sumo stance allows me to bring in the glutes/hamstrings more due to being able to drop down a little deeper to make that pull.

Overall, there is always a line for the preacher curl machine or cable crossover yet never a problem finding an empty olympic bar to pick up and load because and ejitt can feel like they are 'the man' and working on 'the gun show' (insert gun show pic here!) just because they pump up their arms with multiple biceps and chest exercises.

All i know is that if a cop, fireman, army personnel etc hell even a guy that is going to help you move fecking house, needs to be able to lift something heavy and possibly in a hurry i want the guy that has been doing the deadlifts and pull ups on my team NOT the pretty boy training guy who thinks in body parts.

Advertisement