Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This place appears to be infested with Dubs!?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sneem-man

J K wrote: »
    Master Bates was a character in childrens tv classic The Magic Roundabout along with Seaman Staines, Zebedee and A Cow.

Was the magic roundabout popular in culchie land.

Wrong !

Master Bates was a character in Captain Pugwash ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Gyalist wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? I remember Master Bates and Seaman Staines as characters from Captain Pugwash.

You're not wrong there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

sneem-man wrote: »
    Wrong !

Nope. That's an urban myth. That and Roger the Cabin boy etc. All made up. They had straight non innuendo names. I watched it when I was a kid and could never understand people saying this as it has really grown legs. But nah, made up stuff.

It was Master Mate and Tom the cabin boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Master Bates

Bonito wrote: »
    Well it's not our fault you tarred us all with the same brush :D

On the upside at least we're all equals now :pac:

Why you people can't speak properly is beyond me!:rolleyes: Be it north, south, east or west, Dubliners all seem to face elocution problems.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

[QUOTE=sneem-man;64183409]Wrong !

Master Bates was a character in Captain Pugwash ;)[/QUOTE]

Master Bates and sneem man

a lethal combination dudes

• Advertisement

humberklog wrote: »
    Nope. That's an urban myth. That and Roger the Cabin boot etc. All made up. They had straight non innuendo names. I watched it when I was a kid and could never understand people saying this as it has really grown. But nah, made up stuff.

John Ryan successfully sued both the Sunday Correspondent and The Guardian newspapers in 1991 for printing this legend as fact.

They did however, have a character called Master Mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Wrong wrong wrong!!! All of you wrong. Master Bates was a character on an online forum where he ripped the piss out of dubliners, tarred them with the same brush and imagined them all with the same accent which he claimed to be one of the most irritating in the world.

/DAMMMMMM that was witty :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 senbwcs

sneem-man wrote: »
    Wrong !

You're all wrong.

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/pugwash.asp

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

John Ryan successfully sued both the Sunday Correspondent and The Guardian newspapers in 1991 for printing this legend as fact.

They did however, have a character called Master Mate.
    Indeed. It was really good, as was the Magic Rounabout but alas those that didn't watch it seem to know more about it.

Why you people can't speak properly is beyond me!:rolleyes: Be it north, south, east or west, Dubliners all seem to face elocution problems.:pac:

I still don't understand you. All I can hear is "heddie-idy-schiddildy-idey-day". Must be your accent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Sticky??
    Oooooooooooooooo PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE sticky :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

IBTL :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

Master Bates was a character in Oliver Twist. Used to drive our English teacher mental as he got us to take turns reading the novel out loud in class and anytime someone read out Master Bates' name everyone burst out laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Master Bates

I still don't understand you. All I can hear is "heddie-idy-schiddildy-idey-day". Must be your accent.

How do you know what my accent is?

It's not just an inability to speak properly that plagues Dubs .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

How do you know what my accent is?

It's not just an inability to speak properly that plagues Dubs .:D

So which part of Inferiortodubland are you from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Caveat

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Dublin is the epicentre of Ireland, a good chunk of the population live here.

Yes. And most people (two thirds approximately) DON'T! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

My name is Norman Bates, I’m just a normal guy, my name is Norman Bates
    http://www.laurahird.com/bestrecords/landscapenormanbates.html

To feed the troll:
    OP, join my struggle to push the Jackeens back to the Pale forums!
    Reclaim AH for the Irish, west brits out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Another dublin basing thread. I have always figured that if all the culchies fook off out of dublin. Jobs and all then all the dublins can move back in. Then we can increase the tolls on the motorways to deter cavan people travelling and ban the sale of alchol on dec 8th to keep the remainder away.

Problem solved.

I am in danger no doubt but if as a dub i discovered that boards is full of dubs I take it by dubs you mean Eastern european dubs, africian dubs, asaian dubs or american dubs.

Get real folks the world is a plate of mixed veg and a few disgruntled cabbages is not going to change its composition. In others live with it or join the choir.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

"Infested". Aw. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The government needs to rush through a repatriation programme for boggers living in Dublin.

Price of your fare or petrol home, a few quid and a signed affidavit stating that you never return.

We don't want you up here. You clearly don't like it up here.

Best for all parties.

stovelid wrote: »
    The government needs to rush through a repatriation programme for boggers living in Dublin.

Price of your fare or petrol home, a few quid and a signed affidavit stating that you never return.

We don't want you up here. You clearly don't like it up here.

Best for all parties.

Dont forget each one will have to be accompanied by 2 guards on a one way ticket on a specially chartered train. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

So after reading the forum for a while I've noticed that approximately 95% of this forum is made up of Dubs.

Has anyone else(of a non Dub origin) noticed this?

Yes. I think I've pointed it out once.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

This will help you understand :D

I've lived in a few cities around Europe and I'd pick Dublin ahead of a few of them any day, including Paris.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Nahh I am much more a fan of this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvvwNR3vF44

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Caveat wrote: »
    Yes. And most people (two thirds approximately) DON'T!

Yeah, but they don't have broadband yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

J K wrote: »
    Was the magic roundabout popular in culchie land.

Not as much as the roundabout in Tuam. As kids, instead of going on holidays we'd spend a day or two driving around it at high speed. Dad told us how it was like astronaut training and would write APOLLO on the side of our Toyota Corrolla to give weight to the fantasy.

Vroom vroom!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Dublin is the epicentre of Ireland, a good chunk of the population live here.

It's also the epicentre of junkies...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Another dublin basing thread. I have always figured that if all the culchies fook off out of dublin. Jobs and all then all the dublins can move back in. Then we can increase the tolls on the motorways to deter cavan people travelling and ban the sale of alchol on dec 8th to keep the remainder away.

Problem solved.

I am in danger no doubt but if as a dub i discovered that boards is full of dubs I take it by dubs you mean Eastern european dubs, africian dubs, asaian dubs or american dubs.

Get real folks the world is a plate of mixed veg and a few disgruntled cabbages is not going to change its composition. In others live with it or join the choir.

Jobs your havin a laugh.. it's impossible to work when your off the box on
    Heroin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

bryaner wrote: »
    it's impossible to work when your off the box on
    Heroin

Far out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

So after reading the forum for a while I've noticed that approximately 95% of this forum is made up of Dubs.

Has anyone else(of a non Dub origin) noticed this?

Ba, ba, ba baah...ba, ba, ba, baah....moo, moo, moo...bad troll.

-Funk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

This place appears to be infested with Dubs!?

Lies!

Advertisement