Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happiness is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Went to the supermarket today and all my purchases added up to exactly €20; no annoying small change - :) and it wasn't premeditated!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lazorgirl

Had my first swim (ok 5 minute dip) in the sea today; water was so calm and not too cold. followed by a cycle to my favourite restaurant for yummy dinner. really surprised and delighted with how much fun & happiness i brought to myself today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Mashed potatoes and pie! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 candy69

A hot mug of tea and a tayto crisp sandwiche .:)

Eating healthier food and actually feeling healthier after youve eaten it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Sometimes all it takes is that one song to take me to a better place.

Whether it's a belter of a rock anthem, a lively up-tempo tune or a mellow, melodic ballad, I just love when a certain song comes on the radio, pops up on shuffle, gets played on a night out or is being pumped through a shop's sound system.

I've known entire days that turned on hearing the right song at the right time

Rum and fanta exotic, classy stuff alright :D

Battered sausages, the meal of the gods especially after a few drinks :)

Crossroads, cheesy as fcuk stuff and not exactly brilliant but reminds me of being 15 and going to see it, and its fun tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Happiness is:

Receiving a box of chocolates in work from a 'local' since he knew my birthday is this w/end and that I won't be working :o

Truly love surprises like that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

Waking up to a lovely text message.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DaveClint

Getting an unexpected e-mail like this; WOOHOOOOOO! (Seems legit?)

MALLAM SANUSI LAMIDO AMINU (Mallam32@jupiter.ocn.ne.jp)
    Add to contacts
    14/04/2013
    Picture of MALLAM SANUSI LAMIDO AMINU
    From: MALLAM SANUSI LAMIDO AMINU (Mallam32@jupiter.ocn.ne.jp) Microsoft SmartScreen classified this message as junk.
    Sent: 14 April 2013 18:28:38
    To:

Microsoft SmartScreen marked this message as junk and we'll delete it after ten days.
    Wait, it's safe!
    FROM THE EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR,CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA (CBN)
    GOV.SANUSI LAMIDO
    E-mail: huaig10@yahoo.co.jp
    OFFICE +234-8061289773
    URGENT NOTICE,

ATTENSION: BENEFICARY

This is to inform you that your deliveryman has arrived with your cash trunk boxes value $8.3 million dollars being your inheritance payment. He is currently in Rogue Valley International - Medford Airport Canyonville Oregon, United States as their transit.

I want you to know that you have 24 hours to call him now with this line (541)-508-1392 or email:jamesibe625@ymail.com ,then ask to speak to the diplomatic deliveryman in person of Mr.James Ibe in the United States.Let us know if you are still interested to get your two trunk boxes delivered to you today? As he has been waiting to hear from you to enable him get to your home address without missing his way.

For your information, the deliveryman with your package is not aware of the content of the boxes for security purpose. Please do not tell him to avoid running away with your funds.On no account should you let him know about the content of the consignment to avoid evil intention.

Most importantly you are advised to send your full data to him,which include your Full Name,Current Residential Address, Direct Cell Number,and A copy of any identity card to verify that you are the right receiver to avoid mistakes.

Note that you must call me as soon as you receive this email for more discussion, my direct line is +234-8061289773. Also reconfirm your full current address and valid phone number to the Delivery officer via his above email address once you receive this email to enable him deliver your cash consignment boxes to your house without any further delay or mistake.

You are advised not to waste his time at the airport,so that he would not be stranded in any way because he will return if he finds out that you are not doing anything to get him over to your house.

CONGRATULATIONS.

MALLAM SANUSI LAMIDO AMINU,
    EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR,
    CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA
    OFFICE +234-8061289773

• Advertisement

Beers and new Glee! :D

Receiving an unexpected hug from someone. Out walking one evening I called into an elderly local whose wife had an operation very recently and just asked if they would like anything from the shop as I was out walking.

Never knew how much that would be appreciated by someone until he gave me a hug and told me how much he appreciated the thought behind it; how no-one calls into him asking him such a question; and oh! Just Happiness about how his face looked when he saw me and gave me a hug!

I truly never knew how much of a difference I made by just walking in and surprising him like that :) That was Happiness to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Father Ted :D

Seeing someone who tried in some ways at the time to cause me hassle, crap, sadness, angryness and just unnecessary badness feelings tbh in life randomly recently and feeling nothing really! No anger or sadness thoughts which I would have felt a couple of years ago for that person/situations caused.
    I still would never be friends/aquaintances or even civil with this person at all as Im not that naive anymore :P but I just look on them as a very important life lesson I learnt, plus just a big MEH feeling too :cool: feels good!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Spurtacus

Searching Sky box to find you'd recorded something deadly you'd forgotten about.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

Happiness is....

My OH proposing to me this evening on the beach on my 30th birthday.....I said yes :D

spankysue wrote: »
    Happiness is....

My OH proposing to me this evening on the beach on my 30th birthday.....I said yes :D

Many Congratulations! Wish you both a life-time of Happiness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stick girl

Feeling the warm sea and sand between my toes and the sun on my face

Walking in the rain with some one you love and not caring at all that you're getting drenched

Driving along (alone :) and one of your favorite songs comes on the radio. You turn it up and sing with absolute joy at the top of your lungs

Glasses of wine and laughter with girlfriends.

One year celebrations! :)

True Blood boxsets and red wine! :D

Hugs when you really need one, just cos!

Warm xmas pudding and whipped cream!

Homemade pina coladas!

Sexytime in the sitting room ;):D

TV time together with cuddles!

Flight of the navigator!

Xmassy look house!

Doggies!

Chippers food!

Giving the last gifts for xmas!

Kisses goodnight!

Being told "i love you" through the bus window as it drives away!

• Advertisement

Burritto bar!

Epicurean restaurant!

Sitting cosied up on the quays!

Tea garden and going there with the bf after over a year, love that place, so relaxing!

Big kisses before he heads off!

Making his birthday day/night as special as possable!

Being chosen to spend his bday with!

Doing everything he wants no matter what - so feeling accommplished now :D

Movie time, pizza, beer, cuddles, snuggles, takeaway and cosy cosy sleepytime!

Taking care of him when hes feeling sicky!

Kinky TV shows, surprising for irish tv :p

Waking up early and cuddling/spooning!

Making a proper bday brekkie, well first ive ever made, of bacon butties and nice coffee!

Laughing and feeling happy!

Surprise texts you get when the bf is gone home, within 10mins of him leaving and you look at your phone then smiles all around :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Tacos! :D
    Avocado
    Letting cat snuggle me and lick me in the face as he greets me home from work (eww!) :D
    Bubbly
    Sunshine
    Colourful flowers
    Hosting dinner parties
    Ma and da
    Snoozing

A happy valentines day phonecall after midnight from the bf! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Dancing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Happiness is snuggling my two children before bedtime:)

funny moments in your fave pub, sitting in a place you havent done in ages, having a good few beers there which you havent done in ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Payday! Especially when you've been quite poor the last few days before it :)

Naps!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Having had a really good night's sleep :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Going to my weekly weigh in and being down a pound:)

Advertisement