Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happiness is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lilonocks

a kiss on the forehead and a cuddle from someone that means the world to you

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dippyduck42

coming home after being far away. for some reason there's nothing more comforting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

coming home after being far away. for some reason there's nothing more comforting :)

I was only in London at the weekend and I still got that feeling when the plane landed back in Cork - delighted to be back - wet and miserable as it is:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Having a cuddle with the OH

Walking into a warm house after being out in the cold and that feeling of "ahh, I'm home"

Waking up without the alarm clock going off

Having a Three-in-One from the Chinese with a nice cold can of Coke

Finishing a particularly enduring run

Meeting up the girls for a good old chin wag

Spending time with my niece

Cooking

and this morning, the thing that made me most happy was Christmas FM :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

xmas pressy shopping

putting up your tree and decorating

planning xmas nights out

• Advertisement

and most recently, LUCKY CHARMS

fecking love the stuff, will be on a sugar buzz for ages now though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Looking into my boyfriend's eyes and being able to see how much he loves me. That little look of adoration. Wow, never thought i'd ever see it.

friday night tv nights!
    ah soaps, simpsons, steps reunion! cheesy but so good!! :)
    especially since i havent had a tv night in a long time, add in a bottle of wine and a chinese, sorted!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Just after moving to Galway and now I'm enjoying a nice one.

truly amazing gigs!!
    when they make you forget any trouble or hassle in your life/mind and you can just get lost in the awesomeness and theatricality of the gig :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

sinking into bed with an electric blanket when you're feeling sick

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

surfing, whether its glassy waves or 1ft chop, it always feels like nothing else exists

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

Spending time with my awesome friends, giggling the hours away; chilling out time with my wonderful family, even if it's just having a cuppa and some toast together.

Spending time on my own, playing guitar, doodling, reading, or driving long distance, singing along to my favourite song.

Walking along the coast at Streedagh, waves crashing on the shore, Benbulben beside me, and getting that feeling that everything will be ok with the world soon, even if it doesn't feel like that right now.

and finally.....a bear-hug from my oldest niece. The other two are too young to hug properly, but the eldest gives the bestest squeeziest loveliest hugs known to Auntykind-she's all kinds of awesome :D

finding yourself in floods over something silly, but its out of a very fun show so theyre kinda happy tears, for once :pac:!
    plus remembering your mam used to sing that to you when you didnt want to go to school but had to, ah nostalgia, love it! :)

Free night out and free cocktails too :)

Tequila and fruit shoot, very randomly tried this and its yummy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Getting new musical instruments :D
    Certain chord changes, like a chord vi to a major chord iii.....ohhh *spine shivers*
    Tea and chocolate
    Having your cat sit and purr on you and press her paws into your lap :)

I only wrote an essay on this for English the other day, funnily enough :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Love a good cup of tea and the occasional shot of tequila.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lazorgirl

Soaking in a warm bubbly bath with glass of maui sauv blanc in hand, feeling warm & toasty again after stormy cold sleepless night in campervan (i do like my comforts)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭KDII

Dropping a Terry's Chocolate Orange to break it. A secret kiss. Your food leaving the kitchen in your favourite restaurant. Writing something good, reading it the next day and feeling really chuffed. The sound of a can of coke opening on a really warm day and the anticipation as your pour it into a glass of perfectly cubed ice. The smell of my girlfriend's shampoo. Making a joke and having a group of people burst out laughing. Doing your job well. Giving someone a present and watching them fall in love with it. Letting your dog off the lead in the park and watching them do that mad happy dash around the place. A sunny day in Dublin. The moment the airplane touches down to your holiday destination. Being able to justify everything as "sure we're on holiday". A plan coming together. The relief of finding something important you thought was gonzo. Hearing your newest favourite song one the radio and belting it out. Making your parents proud. Being brought tea. Taking an amazing photograph. Lie ins. Being able to stay up late and enjoy the middle of the night guilt-free. A hug after a long hard day. Spoiling the person you love for no reason. Achieving a goal you never thought you could. When nature does something cool, and you're alone and there's no one else around and you feel like it was especially for you. Feeling **** cool driving along in a deadly pair of sunglasses. A hot shower after getting lashed rain on. Having visitors over. Putting a whole new outfit on. Brand new white socks. Wearing wellies and being able to jump in whatever puddle you want. Making a new friend. Re-connecting with an old friend. The friends you can just make eye contact with and it's as good as a conversation. Fresh, cool sheets.

Summer nights when you're too warm for your duvet and fall asleep without it. You wake up a few hours later finally cold enough for it. Burrowing underneath it you feel so warm and safe and perfectly full of sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

an extra 10 minutes in bed

• Advertisement

An evening nap when your exhausted :)

Getting everything you need doing early in the morning so youve got the rest of the day free your yourself.

Actually being able to save!

Having the courage to be 100% honest with friends/aquaintances after a long while.

Freedom of thinking and being you, and the hopeful thoughtfulness of more times like that in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lalalalove

That moment when you just get the feeling completely content feeling! Nothing could be wrong at exactly this moment in time and you just feel happy! :)

Spending alot of quality time with my fiancee recently :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

...managing to pass that fiendishly difficult exam after all. :)

Having my first steak in a restaurant :), yummy nummy!

Spending time the that you were brought up in again and miss.

Having the The Dark Knight Rises on dvd :D

Kinder eggs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Perfectly highlighted notes, no gaps between the lines, no wonky bits at the end, just pure, beautiful blocks of yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Happiness is the warm feeling of a morning sun or when the day is over and everything is done

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Planning a cycle and then loosing yourself in your thoughts en route and actually getting lost despite having GPS and maps; yet still feeling content and free in the pure country-side surroundings.

Yes, that is Happiness for me that will be re-created for the most part tomorrow, cannot wait! :D

• Advertisement

90s teen movies and the nostalgia that goes with them, they dont make them like that anymore! :)

Advertisement