Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happiness is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

late night dvdathons! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

The simple things.

Friday nights cuddled up on the sofa with my husband watching crap tv waiting on a take away to be delivered.

Saturday mornin going for coffee and a gossip with my girlfriends

Saturday afternoon pub lunch with my husband and the portion of fruit (red wine)

putting the last idim of the food shop away.

Going to a mid week movie with my husband. Time out from a busy life.

My best friends voice.

Clean sheets on the bed.

Going to bed really early with a big mug of steaming hot tea and a bundle of magazines.

The night before a holiday. All packing done and house clean. Time to relax wit a beer.

Caramel bunnies... I just love them.

Sunday mornings cuddled up in bed with my husband, he normally make me breakfast in bed that day.:)

When my husband gets home from work earlier than expected and I have the whole evening with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

The whole first date routine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

That rare time when you get almost on outer body experience and everything just seems....fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Waking up to cuddles and kisses :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

Choosing to see instead of being afraid of the dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

a Cleveland steamer

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

my wife two kids and i playing and laughing together does not get any better than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Lady von Purple

A cup of tea after a long day.
    I'm never properly relaxed until that cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

Enjoying good music and relaxing on a Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Feeling alive!
    ~ getting butterflies!
    ~ euphoria - exhausted after something but delighted with the outcome.
    ~ Head-rush - just in a moment when realize have it pretty damn good, and are happy enough with yer lot. :)
    ~ Food! - The joys of comfort-eating!
    ~ Reminiscing - about whatever; - just a moment when some-thing happy pops into your head and takes ya back.
    ~ Song recall - when a totally random song comes on that brings back happy memories.
    ~ Smells - a reminder of places to be fond of etc.
    ~Satisfaction -the thrill of completing something or seeing it through.
    ~Tingles!- love growing or pain/hurt fading/easing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Sitting on the rocks by the sea yesterday. Just me and the dog in the sunshine, not another soul around. Bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Fleet foxes, Rekorderlig and a joint. I imagine it's what heaven is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Cans and jamming. Nothing like seeing someone you're mad about do a mash up of all your favourite Thin Lizzy songs.

Sleepy cuddles and kisses and back rubs.

A nice curry with naan bread and rice. Ooh and chutney.

The first mouthful of a pint on a Friday evening after a long week in work.

Nice customers on the phone who make you feel great for getting them what they wanted.

An unexpectedly good ride (not being vulgar, just honest!)

Kisses on the forehead.

Being handed a cup of tea

Getting what you want

Mini caramel eggs, gossip and tea with a good friend who you've known for years.

When that certain person's name comes up on your phone and you get all butterflies.

I'm a proper smitten kitten at the minute haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

when your housemate dosnt use every last drop of hot water for their shower

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MsJenjers

Sitting out with my closest friend in his back garden on a warm summer's evening drinking Fat Frogs while listening to music, chatting and laughing, not having a single worry on my mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

that moment when everything seems to be going down the crapper and you just piss yourself laughing at it. that always makes me pretty pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Happiness is holding the girl of your dreams in your arms, knowing that you both share something special and looking forward in the hope that it will never end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Clothes fresh out of the dryer that smell like summer time and are mad cozy and warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rediguana25

The realisation that we're all part of something bigger than us when something that you visualise actually unexpectedly comes true!

..and dipping a twirl into a big mug of tea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 bamhaithliom

Going to the beach to sit on the sand or the rocks or walk in the shallow water and staying there until the stars come out in the sky, the moment when everything is put in perspective and you know everything will be okay again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Putting on your winter jacket to find 50 quid from last year in the pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Putting on your winter jacket to find 50 quid from last year in the pocket

CORRECT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Chocolate from the fridge with a hot cup of tea nom nom nom

Toasted cheese sambo with ketchup and mayonaise

Fried onions - a new found love

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

For me it is watching my partner playing with our kids and realizing I have everything I could ever want in the three of them!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

binxeo wrote: »
    For me it is watching my partner playing with our kids and realizing I have everything I could ever want in the three of them!!! :)

Awwwww!! :D

For me, it's playing with my 9 month old daughter. Just seeing the facial expressions and hearing her laugh. Melts my heart every time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

binxeo wrote: »

I had my "timeout hour" yesterday and I went into town for a coffee as I usually do. As I walked up to the front door I could see my wife just sitting there playing "Make and Do" with our 3 year old and the 2 of them laughing. it's the little things!!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

Loire wrote: »
    I had my "timeout hour" yesterday and I went into town for a coffee as I usually do. As I walked up to the front door I could see my wife just sitting there playing "Make and Do" with our 3 year old and the 2 of them laughing. it's the little things!!

It's a very special thing when you see your partner spending good quality time with your kids. It would warm even the coldest heart I think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

-Finally being able to drag myself past my previous relationship, and pulling some strings in the SU to get a girl I'm interested in to a sold out gig for free. Things are finally turning my way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

a nice hot starbucks on a cold day with the girls

Advertisement