Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines Night

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Bryn wrote: »
    Well there is always way to spice up a normal night in. Cook her a romantic meal. Or a nice romantic bath with candles around or whatever.....there are plenty of ways of making a night a bit special!

I suppose your right there :o

But most women in this day and age have their mind made up that they want a night out - be it a meal or cinema! Its always a question asked between my friends in relationships - oh what did you do Valentines night? - Its the media and publicity it gets nowadays that is making it as big as it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

But most women in this day and age have their mind made up that they want a night out - be it a meal or cinema! Its always a question asked between my friends in relationships - oh what did you do Valentines night?

Ah but - if you are paying you get to choose :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I suppose your right there :o

But most women in this day and age have their mind made up that they want a night out - be it a meal or cinema! Its always a question asked between my friends in relationships - oh what did you do Valentines night? - Its the media and publicity it gets nowadays that is making it as big as it is!

Advertising works wonders for the shops and restaurants!!

It will be good for the pub that night too, i'm sure the pub will be getting plenty of mine and my friends money :P:pac:

Advertising works wonders for the shops and restaurants!!

It will be good for the pub that night too, i'm sure the pub will be getting plenty of mine and my friends money :P:pac:

Its a Sunday night?? I could think of much better ways to spend my Valentines Sunday :D

Its a Sunday night?? I could think of much better ways to spend my Valentines Sunday :D

Yeah it's a Sunday, I thought it was a Saturday!

So what are these better ways of spending Valentines Sunday?!

• Advertisement

Yeah it's a Sunday, I thought it was a Saturday!

So what are these better ways of spending Valentines Sunday?!

Im not spending an evening in a pub looking at a load of child like couples nearly raping each other from across the table :D

Ah Ill just be a bitter young wan and either cook myself a rosemantic meal or fill the bath with smellies and loads of flames flickering about :D

Im not spending an evening in a pub looking at a load of child like couples nearly raping each other from across the table :D

Ah Ill just be a bitter young wan and either cook myself a rosemantic meal or fill the bath with smellies and loads of flames flickering about :D

Cook yourself a rosemantic meal? First time i've ever heard or a rosemantic meal for one :P

Cook yourself a rosemantic meal? First time i've ever heard or a rosemantic meal for one :P

Euro saver meals :D

Euro saver meals :D

Classy! I'll have a double cheeseburger if you are offering though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

There ye go.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

^^^^^ lol :D
    Classy! I'll have a double cheeseburger if you are offering though :P

Yep Classy Burd :D

Here is the Dublin connection.

St Valentine was a roman martyr.St Vals day supposidely had its origans in the pagan Roman Festival of Lupercalia. This was in the middle of February and when young men and girls chose one another as partners.

There are a few St Vals but the Roman St Valentine resisted an edict of the Emperor in the 2nd or 3rd century forbidding the marriage of young men bound for military service and thats why he got the chop shop.

Now in the 19th Century an Irish Priest called Fr Spratt went to Rome and came back from rome with the body of St Val as a gift from the pope.

Thats how come he is now in the Carmelite church in Whitefriars Dublin .

There ye go.

:pac::pac::pac:

We set ourselves for that.....can't 2 people just talk without people assuming otherwise?! :pac:
    ^^^^^ lol :D

Yep Classy Burd :D

Definately classy when you use the term "burd" :p

We set ourselves for that.....can't 2 people just talk without people assuming otherwise?! :pac:

Definately classy when you use the term "burd" :p

NOPE to your first question and yep classy lady I am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

No.

Cute though.

Valentine's Night. Load of balls. Shouldn't have to have one day to show your love for someone. Should be every day. I think a birthday is more important as its more personal to you. Got a wardrobe full of balloons once. That was nice. I don't think I ever told him how nice that was. :o

Larianne wrote: »
    No.

Cute though.

Valentine's Night. Load of balls. Shouldn't have to have one day to show your love for someone. Should be every day. I think a birthday is more important as its more personal to you. Got a wardrobe full of balloons once. That was nice. I don't think I ever told him how nice that was. :o

Totally agree with you on that one!

Well there is always way to spice up a normal night in. Cook her a romantic meal. Or a nice romantic bath with candles around or whatever.....there are plenty of ways of making a night a bit special!

Jesus man,do you want me to draw you a map?????

Ha ha ha.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Now, as you were...

:D

Ah Jesus!!:o

Jesus man,do you want me to draw you a map?????

Ha ha ha.:p

Read closely what it says in the pic..... :P

• Advertisement

Ah Jesus!!:o

lala gets embaressed when the talk turns to Big Macs :pac:

Ok,I will stop now.

Ah maybe one more.

CDfm wrote: »
    lala gets embaressed when the talk turns to Big Macs :pac:

Ha! Madness that two people cant talk without the whole world and his wife assuming otherwise!!:o

Ok,I will stop now.

Ah maybe one more.

I had to thank you for that....it was just too funny not to! :P

Ha! Madness that two people cant talk without the whole world and his wife assuming otherwise!!:o

OOoops sorry -course you can. Very funny though:D

I think we are just too sensitive......we should of just pretended that we didn't care! :p

Now every ones gonna get mushy. They say they wont but there are eyes being dapped with klennex accross the country right now.

I think we are just too sensitive......we should of just pretended that we didn't care! :p

Far too sensitive :( Im off to bed to cry my lil eyes out :D

Theres some eegit out behind my house with his extra powerful hairdryer just revin the living daylights outa it and if he doesnt shut it up Ill take out daddy lala`s shot gun :D

Night all :D

CDfm wrote: »
    Now every ones gonna get mushy. They say the wont but there are eyes being dapped with klennex accross the country right now.

Mine are :( aaw why isn't there a crying smiley :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Far too sensitive :( Im off to bed to cry my lil eyes out :D

Theres some eegit out behind my house with his extra powerful hairdryer just revin the living daylights outa it and if he doesnt shut it up Ill take out daddy lala`s shot gun :D

Night all :D

Night, don't cry too much :p

Advertisement